Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone going to the 2011 Mopars at the Strip?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Re: Anyone going to the 2011 Mopars at the Strip?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Well, I was gonna post a few more pics but Tom's Flicker account covered it pretty well Interesting note on that Hotchkiss 70 TA Challenger, it was the *ONLY* car faster on the autocross course than the GLHS with a 25.3 to the S's 26.0. That car is owned driven by 12 time Nation Auto X champion Mary Rice who used to campain an 86 GLH-T Needless to say, she was stoked to take a few hot laps in the S car, she came around after a lap and exclaimed "Man I love driving FWD cars around the course!"

Eiker, first TM I ever rode in/drove was my cousin's 85 GLH/NA in 1985 when you were still in diapers. So I'm thinking it's MY 4 door club, not yours

Impressive performance by the mighty S-car, no doubt. I hate to mention this, but, i believe this is the first time Alan has driven a TD to the event, raced it and driven back under power(as opposed to the back of a tow truck)-you're welcome!
    The car looks better than ever and I'm glad its finally being used, rather than collecting dust in the hanger. Remember, the custom pistons were built with a lowered compression ration to allow for big boost.
    Also of note, DaPomp's '89 CSX(another of my old cars) was damn close to the S-car times(according to my watch) and Mary Rice was also enjoying her time driving it. DaPomp was turning decent times as well and has really improved over the last few years. great representation from a couple of the West Coast Tds and a nice book-end of the first and last of the Whittier cars
    Although we had a blast in the cop cars, I must confess I was wishing I had the other S-car there for a little Auto-X action as I think it could have contended for FTD. Basically stock, with race rubber, it would have been well suited for such a tight course.
    Wish i could have spent more time with the TD group in the pits, but we were able to watch most of them race-good times and a lot of surprised specators inthe stands as the TD crew began posting good numbers.
    Next year I'll be bringing the VP Challenger(with its complete Hotchkiss set-up).

BTW, its my 4-door club as I bought one of every color GLHT when they were new
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster

BTW, its my 4-door club as I bought one of every color GLHT when they were new[/QUOTE]

You never had a white one or did you?

turbo addict

Cool stuff, just a note you guys are mentioning Mary Rice, isn't it Mary Pozzi? Or did she marry with a new name?

And does anyone have some AutoX video?

Mitsu booster

I will check if I have any pics or video of the autox from Saturday. The Black GLHS was set up pretty well. Saw the back passenger tire get up at least 6 inches through some of the turns. Never was able to see it go down the 1/4 though, too much walking around.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Cool stuff, just a note you guys are mentioning Mary Rice, isn't it Mary Pozzi? Or did she marry with a new name?

And does anyone have some AutoX video?
    Mary and I talked about the 'old days' and she said she competed under the Mary Rice name. Changed now but if anyone got ambitious with the Google, they would want to use Rice to find the old GLH-T autocross stuff.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Mary and I talked about the 'old days' and she said she competed under the Mary Rice name. Changed now but if anyone got ambitious with the Google, they would want to use Rice to find the old GLH-T autocross stuff.
    Cool good to know!

Garrett booster

I'm back from the 3300 mile round trip to the MATS. I had a great time there once again. As others have said, it was disorganized. I also didn't get a tech card at the gate and the car run order was all mixed up. I heard later that they were short on people working the event.

I ran my best time of 11.88, which made the trip worth while. I thought I'd try out the car in the autocross. I put the street tires back on and ended up doing a few 29.0 sec runs. It was a good little course that really put the stock suspension to the test.

It was nice to meet you guys. Would of liked to chat more but as always there was so much to see at the show.

turbo addict

Awesome Run! That is sure a sleeper, looking at that you would never guess it would go 11.88 Nice job.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

That's awesome Steve!! I take it you got your tranny issues figured out. Looking forward to some more good times at Castrol this year.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Awesome Run! That is sure a sleeper, looking at that you would never guess it would go 11.88 Nice job.
    Thanks 1BADVAN!

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    That's awesome Steve!! I take it you got your tranny issues figured out. Looking forward to some more good times at Castrol this year.
    I'm not sure if the tranny is fixed, yet. It has been lasting about 25 to 30 runs before the rear clutch pack is burnt up. Crossing my fingers that it will last.

Castrol should be fun. Let the axle breaking begin.

turbo addict

Steve you got come back to misson this year and see if you can run a 11.5
    Did adding the timing into the cal help?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Steve you got come back to misson this year and see if you can run a 11.5
    Did adding the timing into the cal help?
    I hope to make it to Mission July 1st or August 26th. Yep, I added more timing and the car is starting to pull better from 330'. The G head wants so much timing.

I have some video of others at the Vegas event. Let me know what car you had and if you want me to post it here or just on the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by 69viper View Post
    I hope to make it to Mission July 1st or August 26th. Yep, I added more timing and the car is starting to pull better from 330'. The G head wants so much timing.

I have some video of others at the Vegas event. Let me know what car you had and if you want me to post it here or just on the tube.

Anything from a black GLHS that was waaaay off on cam timing and tuning till the last day?? When you add 5 degrees of cam timing and pick up 18MPH, you know you're onto something

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Anything from a black GLHS that was waaaay off on cam timing and tuning till the last day?? When you add 5 degrees of cam timing and pick up 18MPH, you know you're onto something

I have one-what is trick to posting vid here?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Pfft, you're asking the guy that's never managed to load one decent youtube and link it here but AFAIK, thats the best way...

Garrett booster

Here is your 14.0 pass

http://youtu.be/kZgGRJWBJwQ

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    I have one-what is trick to posting vid here?
    I was just coping the embed code from youtube but it doesn't seem to want to work now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345