Thread: I went from this, to this!

Threaded View

Hybrid booster

I went from this, to this!

I miss its brute power and sound, also miss the people's faces when they saw this white brick smoke their high dollar cars. As a road course car it was a handful, but in the straights, oh my .

This is my ride now, a 1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.8L V6. What it lacks in power it makes up in the handling and low weight . It's nimble, predictable, fast, well this one is a legal go-kart. I rebuilt the engine and did some upgrades, some of those upgrades are custom pieces of my own design. I dynoed the stock engine before the rebuilt and it netted 109whp @ 4500rpm. After my magic it dynoed 155whp @ 6000rpm running pig rich. The stock engine dyno result showed 80whp and w70ft/lbs @ 6000rpm. So the gain at 6000rpm was a whopping 75whp and 65wft/lbs of torque , no turbo here. I'm currently working on the custom chip, I think another 10 or 20whp can be squeezed with the proper afr. I'm not planning to turbo it but I have a small block Chevy that I built waiting on an engine stand if needed in the future. I just wanted to add a little more kick on the engine, nothing like my 425whp Rattlesnake.

I'm currently working in shortening the runners for more high rpm hp.
    Last edited by Rattlesnake; 01-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.