Thread: 5 speed LM in Auto car - idle issues

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

5 speed LM in Auto car - idle issues

I am currently running a T2 LM in an auto car. Today I basically drove it for the first time without any issues. But, the car will not idle. At first it did just fine, started and idled at about 1100 rpm (factory tach). Coming to a stop, it would idle down to about 8 or 900 rpm and then I could tell the AIS was opening to bring the idle back up to 1100. After about 10 miles, now the car will not idle at a stop. The idle drops to 900... 800... 700... oops, that's it the car dies. Even as I coast to a stop I have to pedal it just a smidge.

Could it be the manual LM with an auto tranny doing it?

Only codes are 12 and 15 which makes sense. The battery was disconnected last night and the speed sensor isn't even plugged in.

Anything I can do or something I can look at? Is there an idle screw on the throttle body so I can maintain a wee bit of TPS voltage maybe?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: 5 speed LM in Auto car - idle issues

Its not the LM, I have run manual computers in my auto van with no problems. Not having a SDS sensor will be a big cause of it as the computer has no idea whats going on. You can open up the throttle blade using the adjustment screw to trick it. The TPS is self zeroing so every time you turn the key off, it resets.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

So, the SDS signal is used in the idle calculation? Ok, well I will not meddle with things until I hook up the SDS. The SDS is an '86 vintage and the harness is an '87 so they have different connectors. I just need to cut one off and solder the right one on.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User
    So, the SDS signal is used in the idle calculation? Ok, well I will not meddle with things until I hook up the SDS. The SDS is an '86 vintage and the harness is an '87 so they have different connectors. I just need to cut one off and solder the right one on.
    When you buy a new SDS from jobber, they give you a bunch of harness adapters to make it fit.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

+1^^^ Buy a new one and use it. If you solder your wires you are fubar down the road...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

No, no, no... I didn't mean I would solder in the SDS to the wire harness...

I meant I need to cut off the SDS connector from the '86 harness and solder it to the '87 harness that is in the car.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

I know that... I wouldn't do that. New sds has the correct harness for every year and no butchering wires.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)