Thread: Daniel Agnew - AKA Rush

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Daniel Agnew - AKA Rush

Well, figured since this has yet to be resolved and last I heard he was still selling parts, I would post here and make sure there is not another case like what happened to me.

In August 2010 I purchased, in person, a TIII engine, rebuilt, and it was to come with manifolds, bolts, pulleys, ect. Well when it comes to pickup day he says he can't find the exhaust manifold, but he'll ship it to me. I also bought additional parts while I was there, paid cash, it included some TIII power steering hoses he said I could have, he'd just ship it with the manifold as we didn't have the right tools at the time to remove them. When I got home we agreed on some additional money for a harness, set of magnecores and a flywheel sensor. Sensor turned out to be broken, so we exchanged that with the gauge cluster. Sent that money via Paypal (as a gift no less so he wouldn't get docked the fees, doh, although its too late for a dispute anyway).

We kept in general email and forum contact until the end of November, last I heard from him. I know he was online end of December, but I have still heard from him since then, and still no parts. Note that its only that I haven't heard from him in a month, I was owed the parts in September 2010 at the latest and was just being understanding. At this point I don't think there is a single valid excuse for not having parts by now.

I had to buy some other parts to keep my project moving at certain points, and now I will have to re-buy even more parts from reputable sources.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

boostaholic

Re: Daniel Agnew - AKA Rush

That sucks man if you need any other TIII stuff to get your car going I have them and will ship them

if you still need the PS hoses PM me, I may have a set still.

turbo addict

Do you mind if we see the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by moparfwdsleeper View Post
    if you still need the PS hoses PM me, I may have a set still.
    PM sent
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    Do you mind if we see the thread?
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...gblock-and-ECU not that it shows much. Also a thread about him on Ontario SDAC.

I'm guessing you know him or are friends being from the same city? Feel free to ask him what his deal is next time you see him.

I should mention in all fairness that he did refund me $40 for the gaskets I had to buy (he couldn't find his), but I'm still out hundreds in parts that have been paid for.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

bump as this is an open issue
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

boostaholic

I read your thread you posted.
    Just another reason it pisses me off when people come on here selling stuff with less than 10 posts.
    I would NEVER buy something from someone that their first post was a for sale thread.
    I'm not blaming you, just saying if they haven't been around the community long enough, I don't trust them.

Yeah, just figured that since I met him in person, seemed like a nice guy.

88 shadow - you know what his deal is? Oshawa is not a big town, figure you guys must know each other well?
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

turbo addict

He is a good guy for starters.
    I'm not here to defend him or make excuses for him or to patch things up as these dealings aren't mine.
    It's not a matter of post counts to solve the issue, he's been in these cars for quite a while as have I. But I cannot explain his actions, nor will I try to.
    Good luck in resolving the issue. If there's any way you think I can help, please PM me.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

How come it is all the bad deals I'm seeing involve TIII parts?
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesismachine View Post
    How come it is all the bad deals I'm seeing involve TIII parts?
    Not always, I got shafted out of a 2 piece intake.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=575891298 - should I go all Charlie Wenzel and notify his family about this? Seems a little much or more than fitting seeing as its basically theft and shoplifting would put you in jail vs. embarrassment? Whats the moral compass verdict on this?
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Quote Originally Posted by J&H Ryan View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=575891298 - should I go all Charlie Wenzel and notify his family about this? Seems a little much or more than fitting seeing as its basically theft and shoplifting would put you in jail vs. embarrassment? Whats the moral compass verdict on this?
    Go for it, theft is theft.

I notice Dean Stillie is a friend of his, maybe contact Dean, maybe he can help.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

I'm still on the fence, not sure what to do. I know if I dared rip anyone off my family would kill me for it, but they make just take offense to me, who knows. Maybe some of his FB "friends" can help by asking him whats up on his page? Will likely be deleted as soon as he gets on, but it would show that he's not anonymous.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Honestly, theft is theft, all bets are off.

turbo addict

As I said earlier, if there's a way you can think of to resolve this, I'm willing to help. If you see no solution to your situation then continue complaining.

Basically, propase a solution that satifies both parties and I'll do what I can to help.

He pays me back in full or sends me parts. He can either have my money, or the parts, but not both. That is the only solution I see. If you wish to help convince him do what is right, I would much appreciate it.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ