Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ported/Polished Turbo Head

Garrett booster

Re: Ported/Polished Turbo Head

No probs guys thanks for the input, apologies to Cindy, next time I will try to do my research before jumping to conclusions.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89Aries View Post
    No probs guys thanks for the input, apologies to Cindy, next time I will try to do my research before jumping to conclusions.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

The only reason I still bring it up is because I've had a lot of people post up here and say they wouldn't use that head unless it has matching valves in it or that I should change it out asap. I may be a pain about this issue but I take pride in my car and I don't want to put it to chance, especially since I'm relatively new to the TD world and there's a lot that I don't know. That little bit of insurance, knowing that I have matching T stamped valves, would have made me completely comfortable with the issue. Maybe I should have just asked for pictures.
    When I said "I wouldnt" I said I wouldnt because you said they were NOT turbo valves in there. I assumed you knew. Seeing what I see now changes it.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    lol you can say that no problem but we can't say radiator pet----.
    Its how you spell it, lol. You can say shitt, but not ----, .

I know, petc*ck, WTF?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I don't think you jumped to conclusions at all. I have bought parts from vendors, and had the wrong one show up. I had ordered a piston for a 2.2, and I got one for a 2.5. When I called the vendor to get things straighted out they told me I must have a 2.5, if the piston they sent is different then the rest of the ones I have, because they KNEW they sent the right piston. I did some more research (and asked on the forums) and I did have a 2.2 like I thought, and the vendor had sent me one for a 2.5. Don't be afraid to ask questions! I would think it was odd to get a brand new head, and the valves not match. I would ask questions! Its better to have asked, then have a issue down the road with a valve failing! Cindy I can see why you are upset also, don't get me wrong. But is it a common practice to send a head out this way? If I payed good money for a rebuilt/ported head, I would be a little upset to get it and it have different valves in it.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    I don't think you jumped to conclusions at all. I have bought parts from vendors, and had the wrong one show up. I had ordered a piston for a 2.2, and I got one for a 2.5. When I called the vendor to get things straighted out they told me I must have a 2.5, if the piston they sent is different then the rest of the ones I have, because they KNEW they sent the right piston. I did some more research (and asked on the forums) and I did have a 2.2 like I thought, and the vendor had sent me one for a 2.5. Don't be afraid to ask questions! I would think it was odd to get a brand new head, and the valves not match. I would ask questions! Its better to have asked, then have a issue down the road with a valve failing! Cindy I can see why you are upset also, don't get me wrong. But is it a common practice to send a head out this way? If I payed good money for a rebuilt/ported head, I would be a little upset to get it and it have different valves in it.
    He could have taken it up with said vendor FIRST, then posted up here. Honestly, I am tired of guys jumping the gun when you can pick up the god damn phone and call. It seems today that even though everyone has cel phones, that no one actually uses one for its intended purpose? IF said vendor didn't satisfy you, then post up asking questions.

What's wrong with mixing and matching valves? Sure you could put all new ones in but if the other ones are mint, why waste money and throw away perfectly good parts?

No disrespect to the thread starter.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Most of the times we sell the stage 2 and stage 3 heads. Those always come with NEW aftermarket valves etc.... My head guy had some free time and ported a couple of swirls, and set them up with the spare valves, springs from stock turbo head parts that we had there because we had upgraded. Hence why I gave Nick about $150 discount on the head.
    Whem we get them back the surface area is taped up to help prevent any scratches in transport. Nick asked if the valves were marked with a T. I pulled the tape off one side and saw the marking and told him yes, then put the tape back. I did not peel off all the tape from all 4 cylinders. When Nick first called and asked, I told him to send it back if he had worries. I also asked him to send pictures. After I received the pictures, I went into the warehouse and pulled NEW mopar valves exactly like what he had in the pictures to confirm again that they were turbo valves and PN's. I already knew they would be turbo because those are the only heads my guy has seen from me..... but I wanted Nick to know what they were so he could feel confident in the running the head. Even then I said I would take the head back if he had reservations.
    I'm not upset, I just don't think we need to continue beating a dead horse.....
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    Thank you!!! Someone understands! I feel that generally you don't send a part out that has been gone over with mismatched parts. It makes me feel iffy about it.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    He could have taken it up with said vendor FIRST, then posted up here. Honestly, I am tired of guys jumping the gun when you can pick up the god damn phone and call. It seems today that even though everyone has cel phones, that no one actually uses one for its intended purpose? IF said vendor didn't satisfy you, then post up asking questions.

What's wrong with mixing and matching valves? Sure you could put all new ones in but if the other ones are mint, why waste money and throw away perfectly good parts?

No disrespect to the thread starter.
    I did call on a few different occasions, and I now understand where everyone's coming from. Dead Horse, Beaten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12