Thread: New twin engine rampage!?!?

turbo addict

New twin engine rampage!?!?

I think most of us have seen the OG silver widebody page, but I had never seen this one. Doesn't look like it was quite ever finished. He has a thread over on TD.com, and his last post was over a year ago. I really like the idea of the rear engine, Ive toyed with the idea for a while for my POS rampage. I'm not sure if I like how he tied the frame together in this one. I think the best way to do it would be with a roll cage tying it all together with the front half of the car. The OG silver one ran a 12.7 with two stock shelby z motors. I couldnt imagine how fast one of these would be with two "mild" S60 like motors...

http://voice.htmlplanet.com/twinenginemopar.html

Hybrid booster

Re: New twin engine rampage!?!?

sexy, he should give me the rear engine for testing ;D

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

He is still active on TD. I have been following another one of his threads about another Rampage build.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...arb-turbo.html

He also has a pretty cool thread about putting a 2.4 into an Omni.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11...ld-school.html

I don't know the guy, but I like his choice of projects.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict

I would really like to give this a shot with my rampage.. but ditch the front motor and put a turbo 3.0 in the back... It seems rather doable.

Garrett booster

Yeah, just rear engine would be fine to me too. put a bed cover over it and you'd have all the room in the world to make a nice turbo setup with no restrictions on room.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

+2. Just looking at that Rampage brings a cool thought to having just a rear engine type setup. Im curious how he designed the shifter cables?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    +2. Just looking at that Rampage brings a cool thought to having just a rear engine type setup. Im curious how he designed the shifter cables?
    I dont think he got that far...

Mitsu booster

One big problem with a rear engine is cooling. Remember the Fiero? (though I guess technically that was mid-engine)

With a turbo setup I would expect it to be even more difficult.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Wouldnt it technically still be mid engine? The engine itself is in front of the rear tires. Not sure what technically qualifies a car as mid vs rear engine.

Hybrid booster

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I will do a mid-engine Sundance at sone point.... someone needs to hold me to this.
    How many years?..oh.

Hybrid booster

If you scroll down the page, you can see a pic and a link to Merrill's rampage. There's some really old pics of it with Gus standing there talking to Merrill about it. Merrill has had this twin engine rampage up and running for years (probably at least 10). I have been involved in Merrill's latest goal of hitting 10's with it. We've got the front 2.2 motor running perfectly at 20psi and it's probably pushing close to 300HP. The back motor is in the process of being built up to hopefully about 400 HP and he has added nitrous for even more kick. Hopefully this will be the summer that it sees track duty again (the last time Merril ran it was with both front and back motors running stock 89T2 cals at 14 psi and he ran a mid 12 with it).

Twin engine Rampage designed by Merrill Carr

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Thats awesome, I remember seeing those pictures years ago. Any way you can get some better pictures of that car? It is a shame there isn't much more info on such a unique car.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    Thats awesome, I remember seeing those pictures years ago. Any way you can get some better pictures of that car? It is a shame there isn't much more info on such a unique car.
    Ya I would love to see how he fit the rear engine. The one on TD.com doesn't look strong enough to me, but I have a bad tendency to overbuild things.

turbo addict

Don't remember seeing the "original" one either but that widebody is pure sex.

turbo addict

Who of us really hasn't thought of taking on a project like this? I know I have, but I wanted to do it to my shadow, the rampage would seem easier to keep it stock appearing.

OR: A rear motor wagon, Muhahahaha!!!

turbo addict

I remember seeing that Page pull into Cliff Ramsdell's driveway when I was there 10 years ago when my buddy Frank was buying Cliff's GLH. Looked it over too and was very cool. Nothing quite like hearing 2 engines fire up.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Hybrid booster

My plan... Is to use the slightly wider Daytona/Lebaron setup in the back of a Shelby Charger....

Just gota get a couple projects out of the shop....

Garrett booster

Yea the red twin engine rampage is mine.. we talke years about doing this to a rampage and one day i was hauling off an omni and a badly rusted out rampage and thought lets play and see how hard it would be on some scrap cars.. well i keep building on it and then got to the point of"this car is just to rusted out to try to complete it for what i had in mind as a finished car.. so I started on the second rampage http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...arb-turbo.html carb to turbo rampage" to get just the front running first then start again doing the back engine. I plan to put the radiator in back and putting an air scoop under the car to get air and hope it will pull the car tighter to the ground.

I plan to try also drifting it where i haveboost bleed padles mounted on steering wheel to control drift.. crank boost high in back engine for smoke and drift and frot motor add boost if she starts to come around.. I thoght i was the first on win engine rampage till someone sent me merrels car pics. I have some big ideas i would love to see this car hit some big drift events

P.S. the other twin engine rampge (rusted bad) is for sale open to offers.. to feel safe playing with that one it would have to have a roll cage joining everything. I also have the lower quarter panel replacements for it. need to sell to fund the the new and much better twin engine rampage project..http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...all-wheel.html

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

this is sick and clean and shows how simple the gear shifter issue will be http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2970226