Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G Valve Safe

Hybrid booster

Re: G Valve Safe

Nice Car! The couple of cents you save with 89 octane is not worth the risk. Stick with the premium.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scarface1689 View Post
    actually, dodgez i already have a fresh t2 on a stand i just don't want to swap it in the winter lol and as far as the fuel question i was just curious oh and dodgez u weren't coming off as rude just truthful and i appreciate it, moparman wish i had one on the shelf

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

here are some images of my car
    I'd just wait until you go T2. Get an 87 computer when you do the swap. You can do a flip chip and have a low boost cal (gas saver) and a high boost (high octane) cal. Just flip a switch. You'll need to have the stock boost solenoid hooked up. I love the early turbo Z.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Do not use lower octane fuel!!!! Much cheaper than a dead piston!

Change your fuel filter right away and annually thereafter, after changing the filter use something (maybe a 2 liter bottle to measure fuel pump output while you time it)

If your new a MOPAR computer may cost a little more but it will compensate for ambient temperature changes, a g-valve will not. Personally in the winter I've seen a 10 degree temperature drop result in 4 extra pounds of boost with a g-valve requiring it to be readjusted.

A wide band 02 sensor is virtually a must with a turbo car for the engine to survive

If your new, you need read these to these 2 websites and return here and ask questions about anything your not sure about!

www.thedodgegarage.com
    http://gusmahon.org/index_main.htm

Later,
    Guy

Hybrid booster

unless you can replace the stuff you brake right now i would just leave it be.i,ve melted pistons on the older stuff before under 12 lb. just spikeing at cut out so watch.only takes one time

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the info guys i just edited my post to the person i was gonna buy one from thanks i think you guys just might have just saved my car lol

Change the fuel filter when your at it too and check your base fuel psi. I bought a 86 GLHT new way back when and remember as soon as the MP computer came out I bought it. It was a nice boost in performance.

turbo addict

my 85 GLH ran 15.5psi with an MP puter and gvalve. Till I was spinning the tires on anti-freeze they layed down through 4th gear racing a Maxima to where the 2nd lane cut out. I won but because I was peddling it the timing kept spiking with a lot of boost and it blew a ring land. At 12psi you should be fine. I would recommend a wideband O2 sensor setup though so you can be sure you have enough fuel.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    Bang for the buck, you're on the right track. Be sure to use the highest octane available from here on, please.

The Mopar Performance computer is a nice upgrade as well. As would be a blow through set up with a good intercooler. Baby steps.
    Pardon my ignorance; what does the Mopar Performance computer do that the stock computer cannot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12