Thread: WOW...runflats are crazy expensive

Hybrid booster

WOW...runflats are crazy expensive

So the Bridgstone runflats are just about done on my Z4, are down to the wear bars in the back, fronts almost there too. I'm still impressed these gave me 35K considering they are staggered sizes you can't rotate, and a treadwear rating of like 140.

So I am looking at tires, to get a set of oe bridgstones is like $1400. I was looking at the Eagle F1 and a set of those is $1100, but they are not run flats so I need to look into the flat kit.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on these? Been reading alot of reviews online, but nothing is jumping out at me.

Hybrid booster

Re: WOW...runflats are crazy expensive

get cheapo tires and dont drive crazy fast, and corner very hard. hope for the best

Hybrid booster

then that kinda defeats the purpose of the car, lol.

Hybrid booster

hey you bought it, you should have known parts are expencive. no offence. you bought an import sports car, reep the reward. should have got american iron

Hybrid booster

Actually I knew they were gonna be expensive, but I didn't realize that much, lol.
    I have my American cars too thank you, and frankly tires for the newer American muscle cars aren't much cheaper. Go price tires for a camaro or mustang.

And I have my American muscle too, or I wouldn't be on this site.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

A decent set of tires for anything is expensive nowadays.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post
    So I am looking at tires, to get a set of oe bridgstones is like $1400. I was looking at the Eagle F1 and a set of those is $1100, but they are not run flats so I need to look into the flat kit.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on these? Been reading alot of reviews online, but nothing is jumping out at me.
    Buy the F1s and a AAA membership!

IF you get a flat, just get on the phone to AAA... The annual membership cost likely be less than the difference in tires, and you get coverage regardless of what car you are driving... OR, being a TM owner, you likely already have the membership, so it's a non-issue!

Mike

PS If you don't already have it, get it and upgrade it to the "Plus" version to get the free 100 mile tow(s), even better, get it for the GF/wife too, then you get 2X the tows!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    PS If you don't already have it, get it and upgrade it to the "Plus" version to get the free 100 mile tow(s), even better, get it for the GF/wife too, then you get 2X the tows!
    I like the way you think.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Just don't go driving thru Compton,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

I already have the plus, and It has paid off several times for me! In fact I used it last night, the SHO tried to overheat after one the coolant hoses in the engine V let go.

It was an interesting nite. As I am calling AAA, and about the time the lady on the other end is ready to get my location info, a sherrif's car pulls up...they rolled up on me fast and turned on all the spots, I'm there with the hood up, steam coming out, on my cell with the AAA card in my hand, and they come up and start flashing lights in the car, wanting my id, and wanting to know if I have warrants or am on probation. So I ask the lady to hold and get out my id, and tell the cop no to all his questions. The one that blew my mind is when he asked why I was parked there.

They flashed the light under the hood, and then gave me back my id and were gone.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I already have the plus, and It has paid off several times for me! In fact I used it last night, the SHO tried to overheat after one the coolant hoses in the engine V let go.

It was an interesting nite. As I am calling AAA, and about the time the lady on the other end is ready to get my location info, a sherrif's car pulls up...they rolled up on me fast and turned on all the spots, I'm there with the hood up, steam coming out, on my cell with the AAA card in my hand, and they come up and start flashing lights in the car, wanting my id, and wanting to know if I have warrants or am on probation. So I ask the lady to hold and get out my id, and tell the cop no to all his questions. The one that blew my mind is when he asked why I was parked there.

They flashed the light under the hood, and then gave me back my id and were gone.
    No one said cops were smart,

Should have said you were heating up coffee and donuts,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

An opportunity to politely say: "move along, there is nothing to see here..."

Hybrid booster

damn, i thought i smelled bacon upwind.....sorry for sounding like an ---, i know tires are expensive, 600 bucks for my jeep.

boostaholic

^^$900 for my pickup

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

All four for the GLHS....$260!!! I win!!!!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

boostaholic

1600 for tires for one of my old jeeps.... i dont see an issue....and those wernt run flats.... 39.5 TSL boggers however, and you Dont want to pay the shipping these...