Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5spd conversion parts for 89 Lebaron/Daytona

Re: 5spd conversion parts for 89 Lebaron/Daytona

Yes, that is all you need. Black is specific to the 89 GTC, all other 87-89 Lebaron verts use a woodgrain bezel.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Mitsu booster

Most parts are unique for this as I converted my GTC conv. from auto to manual & finding 3 items will drive you insane, BUT I have 2 of the 3 parts in my garage for you right now! I have the unique 5-speed shifter bezel, but its woodgrain, so go ahead & paint it to match your console if you so desire. In fact, I have 2 of them! I found many 5-speed converts over the past 5 years & kept out the unique parts for this conversion if anyone ever wanted to do so. The transmission mount on the drivers left side is unique as well, there is a small U shaped bracket welded onto it for the 'strut' stabilizer. Your convert should have this. This mount was on all convertibles with the 5-speed & its ultra hard to find as well! 3 rd part would be the cruise control set-up, but that can be found in a intercooled Shelby Daytona, try there first.

I have done this changeover in my 89 GTC Turbo convertible Lebaron & it was not fund, but it can be done. I used all correct 1989 parts to do that & it cost me alot of time & gas to go to alot of swap meets & salvage yards back in 2000-2003 to make this right. Infact, I used a correct + battery terminal wires for this & found that a TBI car manual trans worked for me. Remember that neutral safety switch wire is different too.

It all depends on how you wanna do do this, factory correct or driveway afternoon project. I have the motormount for you & 2 shifter console bezels, but I am gonna warn you, they are not going to be cheap either! Sorry! I want $75 for the console bezel alone. That one is decent. I have another on that is busted in half, but super glued together & is woodgrain as well. It will work for you though. I want $50 for that one. Where are you gonna find one today? As for the motor mount, I would take $50 for that as well.

I'm not trying to bust your wallet here, but just try & find correct parts for this is impossible & will take years to do so. I only ever found 3 5-spd converts in yards over the past 9 years & they are super rare to find & the dealers do NOT have any of these parts around. Arizona parts has the correct transmount new, but that will set you back 184.50 or around that for theirs!

If you want any more info on this or about me, please e-mail me back at this e-mail & I will try to help you what I can do. The console plates are damn rare & they don't take up any space here in my garage either, so I do know they are ungodly rare. I found one in a yard 3 hours from my home once & drove there to get it in summer once after they said they had a manual car in their yard. Its not what I got it for, its because I saved a very damn rare convertible Lebaron part thats impossible to find anywhere.

Both of my console bezels are woodgrain, just go ahead & color match them to your interior. I have the correct black bezel in my car (the one I drove 3 hours one way to get back then) & its staying there! Your console is the same, just pull off your auto plate & intstall this one in place.

My car looks exactly like yours!

My e-mail is: redbarron89@msn.com

Jeffrey
    Last edited by redbaron; 12-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Mitsu booster

I forgot to say that you can use parts from Daytona's for this, like your clutch/brake pedals, brackets, misc. bolts & such, clutch cable, shifter cables ect. The 5-speed shifter will bolt right into place as well, just save the retaining nuts for it. You will have to drill out a hole underneath your car to run the cables from out of & your firewall as well for the clutch cable. I used a 1 5/8ths inch hole saw for the floor & a different but smaller one for the firewall. As for the motormount/transmount, manual transmission is for manual only, so your auto trans mount will be way different.

E-mail me for details more on this, I'd be glad to help you out on this.

Jeffrey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12