Quote Originally Posted by PunKid View Post
What are the requirments for the welding process of the DIY? I have a big ole mig welder is that possible to weld these cast housings?

I am assuming that the DIY kit would mean that the porting is left to be done buy the DIYer

Sorry for being late in the game this is the first I have heard of these things your creating
I'll see if I could post up some pics in the near future of the pieces you would get. Then it would be up to you to weld and finish port the piece to however you like. You Can weld these with a mig, that's how I currently do it. But you need to preheat and peen to avoid cracks.

I tried several times to tig these (would have saved lots of time) but even with special 10$ rods for cast, the weld would always crack! Finally gave up and just used the mig. Not as pretty as I'd like, but no cracking!

I'm thinking about trying a 3" 90 SS bend with v-band to see if the higher quality cast (factory S/V) welds better to the SS. Hoping I can tig it. If I can, the reduced time to weld and clean up would prob make up for the more expensive materials. We'll see.