Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit to TU

Mitsu booster

Visit to TU

Chris, I wanted to thank you for spending the better part of the day with me while stopping at your shop to purchase parts for my GLHT. I was impressed with the setup you have at your shop, the nice supply of performance parts you have in stock, and your welcoming attitude with regards technical questions, insights, and suggestions. Along with the visiting of my family, this was also one of the highlights of my vacation to AZ. Thanks for the additional gifts as well. I am happy to report that the 3" exhaust pipes and muffler in my big suitcase, were inspected by the TSA and were approved for the flight back to Milwaukee I 'carried on' the pistons since I wanted to make sure they didn't get broken or lost. I was ready to tell the TSA that they were custom ashtrays if need be but they went right thru.
    In short, it was a pleasure doing business with you and I will continue in the near future, as I need more stuff.
    Derrick
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 12-14-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: unneeded cheap shot

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Visit to TU

Sounds like a fun trip. Derrick, did you bring us back any warm AZ weather!?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Actually trying to get in touch with you JT to ask about SDAC but I didnt have enough posts to send pm...crazy but its true.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Cool. I just PMd you my e-mail addy

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadassPerformance
    Sounds like a fun trip. Derrick, did you bring us back any warm AZ weather!?
    yeah no kidding. its brutal at my house right now. i cant imagine chicago or wisconsin are any better right now.

Brian
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 12-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I gotta get out to TU and FWD some day, but maybe TU on the way back from SDAC??
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Chris, I wanted to thank you for spending the better part of the day with me while stopping at your shop to purchase parts for my GLHT. I was impressed with the setup you have at your shop, the nice supply of performance parts you have in stock, and your welcoming attitude with regards technical questions, insights, and suggestions. Along with the visiting of my family, this was also one of the highlights of my vacation to AZ. Thanks for the additional gifts as well. I am happy to report that the 3" exhaust pipes and muffler in my big suitcase, were inspected by the TSA and were approved for the flight back to Milwaukee I 'carried on' the pistons since I wanted to make sure they didn't get broken or lost. I was ready to tell the TSA that they were custom ashtrays if need be but they went right thru.
    In short, it was a pleasure doing business with you and I will continue in the near future, as I need more stuff.
    Derrick
    Hi Derrick,

Glad you had the opportunity to stop by and hang out for a while.

I was also a little concerned about you getting through TSA with those parts. In the early years we would fly to SDAC and Carlisle events. Checking our bags/boxes with 5-6 turbos along with a swingvalve or two in our carry on would not be as easy these days. We are glad you liked the "extras". Considering you went out of your way to visit us it was the least we could do.

Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    Here's a few pics of the larger bay with the lift.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Ultimate Shop.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	27506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Ultimate Shop2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	27507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Ultimate Shop 3.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	27508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Ultimate Shop 4.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	27509  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Chris - have a close-up pic of that Shelby Charger engine bay?

Ralph

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DevoBuzz View Post

Ralph
    NO no how about some pics of the nice beer fridge

ya how about some pics of that bad boy

Garrett booster

i wish i could have stopped by, i was in mesa/gilbert for work early dec, but you address came back to a random house.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer7467 View Post
    i wish i could have stopped by, i was in mesa/gilbert for work early dec, but you address came back to a random house.
    Then you should have called first like all other visitors do.

We operate out of a separate 2000 square foot workshop on our 1.5 acre property. There's no secret about that and we don't try to hide it. Helps us keep our costs down so we can pass the savings on to our customers. It also makes it easier to meet customer's after hours and on weekends. We see it as a bonus.

The OP visited a second time yesterday to pick up some more parts and he called ahead.

Later,

Chris-TU

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DevoBuzz View Post

Ralph

Sorry, just saw this Ralph. Our SC is always in a state of diassembly because we use it to test fit parts. We started it up when the OP visited and plan on having it together for Mopars at the Strip in March. We'll take a few pics of our progress.

Chris-TU

Garrett booster

prolly for the best , new turbo prolly wouldnt make it thru air port security. lol

turbo addict

Tell the air port security that its the new dyson fan lol
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

poor bastids, 70* and clear here today.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

boostaholic

Hey Chris, Mopars at the strip is April 8-11.

We'll be there!

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

nice workshop!
    Last edited by Austrian Dodge; 02-17-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    poor bastids, 70* and clear here today.
    I was outside tossing wrenches at the car, then all of a sudden God started pissing on me. I ran and hid in the corner crying "the sky is falling", then my brother calmed me down telling me it's only a little rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast