I've started this project log that will follow along the restoration of my newly acquired 1986 Shelby Charger - Silver w/ Blue. For those that don't know, this car was originally going to be scrapped and with the help of a few people the car was saved. Kaleb had the car for quite some time and started working on restoring it. Here is where I step in, I purchased the car from Kaleb and got it delivered to SoCal this past week. Finally pulled everything out of the car and wait till you see the pictures (took over 55 photos so far) of the car. This is going to be a Father and Daughter restoration (no sons so my youngest daughter is helping me). She was inside the Shelby pulling all the parts out, helping me stage all of them in the garage. Already telling me what needs to be fixed and replaced.

The car does not run, the right axle sounds like its about to snap in half. Hoses and wires all over the place under the hood - been away from these cars way too long (don't remember where half these go), you will see the pictures of the car below. Long story short, car needs to be torn all the way down to a shell, body work completed and repainted. New engine / trans / axles, suspensions, discs, rotors, even looks like it will need new wheel studs (good thing I just got a 60gallon 2-stage air compressor). Enough talking lets get to the pictures.

Sitting the garage.

Hole in drivers door (have replacement door just in case):

Surface rust on roof area:

Surface rust on hood:

Passenger side rear quarter panel:

Rear deck lid rust: