Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Hybrid booster

Re: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

G P S! Or map quest! I'm bringing a gps. Adam, are you bringing the blow up mattress?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I can, yes. Someone may want to remind me the night before just in case. Jeff still hasn't said how early he wants to leave, but right now I'm estimating I'll get less than four hours of sleep. Don't worry, Amber can drive.

Btw, I don't trust GPS.

turbo addict

I can get us there without much trouble. Ive made the trip about 40 times! NAvigating through chicago may get a bit tricky but im sure we will survive. Id like to leave EARLY. 6-630 would be fine with me. This way we can get out there around 2-4pm and have the evening to clean the rides and relax in the parking lot with a case or two of adult beverages!

K, so that means I'll have to leave home around 4:30am, and pick Ray up at 5am. Hmmm, may have to sleep in the car.

turbo addict

Well, you could just come up friday night and stay at my house and we could get up and get going early? we DONT want to go through chicago during rush hour! so we need to get going early.
    Last edited by forcedfedmopar; 06-15-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: im retarded

Oh no, no worries about the time. And in all reality, Fridays are usually very late nights for me at work, so it could very well work out that by the time I get home, shower, clean up the car, check it over, and load it up, it will be about 4 anyway.

Besides, I kinda revel in this sort of thing. In '06 when we drove to Vegas, I worked a full 12 hour shift, got off at 7am, went home and showered, packed, picked up the rental ('06 Charger R/T), loaded up, and hit the road about 10am. I drove all the way to Denver, sat through a 3 hour NIN concert, and then still drove to the continental divide before I gave up the wheel. Ended up being about 38 hours before I finally slept.

Chicago will be a piece of cake.

turbo addict

OK guys! its 4 days and a few hours away. Whats the status of the Daytona? Steve is ready beside oil change from what it sounds like. Ray is riding and obeying the rules of the road from what i understand. Im almost ready, van is up to snuff i think but the omni still needs the battery moved upfront.

I *think* the cylinder head is salveagable, although I'll have to disassemble it to know for sure. I'll be posting pics in a couple minutes to get some opinions. For an idea, there is a large amount of the piston missing, but there were no pieces in the cylinder . . .

Hybrid booster

I'm not sure if anyone else is still interested in going to Six Flags Amusement Park, but the best deal we found so far is a "Buy One, Get One Free Weekdays" deal, good on weekdays only (We're planning on going Monday). Need to purchase it on their web site: http://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/tickets/index.aspx . Regular price at the gate is $56.99 per person, so it essentially brings the price down to $28.49 each. If anyone comes across anything better, please post it.

Hybrid booster

Great info Brian. I'm not going though. I get dizzy on a swing! I'm sure someone else will find this useful. Thanks. Are you leaving Friday or Saturday with us?

Hybrid booster

We're leaving Friday, probably about 10:00am or so. We had already reserved the room for Friday night.

Hybrid booster

What time are we meeting at Cabela's? 6:00 or 6:30? Jeff, we can meet up at the first rest stop in Iowa on I 80 if you don't want to drive out of your way to meet up out here. Got the oil changed so I'm ready to go. It had 1700 miles on it in 2 years!

turbo addict

I will be on the road no later than 630, im sure you guys will catch me as i wont be going too fast. Ill be going slow in eastern iowa anyway due to all the hills. Ill shoot you a text or call you in the morning and let you know where i am.

Hybrid booster

Seeing as no one has posted anything about our next meeting, I will. It's this Sunday people. There hasn't been any suggestions for the meeting place so I will offer to host it at my house. I will provide the pool, hot tub, hot dogs, and pop. Everyone can bring a side or dessert and beverage of their choice if you want to. Any other ideas post them up or I will see you here. Thanks, Steve.

Hybrid booster

I unfortunately can't make it this Sunday. Is there any possibility of delaying it until the next Sunday (July 17th)? How are people's schedules looking for the 17th vs. the 10th? Any chance that would work for you, Steve?

Depending on the time, I'm flexible either way. Amber and I had hoped to go to NFM to look at carpet on Sunday, so we'll probably be in the area, but I'm not opposed to next weekend either.

Hybrid booster

I don't care. Like I said no one had even brought up a meeting so I thought I would post. Wife and 2 kids are gone this weekend so it would be just me. My other kid would be gone probably too. If someone has another idea post it up. Supposed to be hot this weekend I think so the pool was a good idea. If you guys can't make it we can try another weekend.

turbo addict

i may be able to meet up this weekend, next weekend is a no go.

Hybrid booster

I just got home from work. What's going on. We meeting or not. Only heard from 3 people. 2 can maybe make it. 1 can't. Gretna car show is next week. Maybe meet there if everyone can't make it this week. Come on guys. Post up. Tomorrow is our scheduled day to meet. Everyone knows. We need to make a better effort to make it.

Hybrid booster

OK. Talked to Adam. They are coming to Omaha so I am grilling about 1:00. Stop on by. Bring suits if you want to swim or hot tub. In case anyone else is reading this not from our group you are also welcome to stop by. Thanks and later, Steve.

Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast