Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1309

Thread: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Hybrid booster

Re: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Let's do the cruise on Sunday, October 29th. Does anyone else have suggestions for a route/destination(s). I'm thinking either south to Nebraska City and surrounding area, or east to Shelby, IA and surrounding area. Comments?

Hybrid booster

I don't care where we go. As long as I can get a good burger and fries Im good. Shelby is a little far for the Lincoln guys but it's up to them how far they want to go.

turbo addict

are we meeting up somewhere? heading to a certain location? what time?

Hybrid booster

I'd say Omaha guys meet at Jeff's house. Noon. He is close to the interstate and kind of on the way for me. Close for Brian.Lincoln guys can go out hwy 2 probably. I don't know Ne. City but we can meet where all the roads intersect. We all have phones so it shouldn't be too hard to find each other. I know there is a nice park across the Iowa border to cruise to. I'm trying to get ahold of Kaleb and Husker Brian. No answer from either so far. Haven't heard from Ray either. Nate might come along with the Lincoln guys. (And Firth! )

I'm out this time, sorry guys. Peas on the lap would work for a while, but I like that area of my body well enough to do whatever the doc tells me to ensure it continues working.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Hybrid booster

Meeting at Noon at Jeff's for the Omaha members sounds good, if it's OK with him. How about meeting up with the Lincoln members in Union, NE (taking I-80 to Highway 50 to Union; Highway 34 goes from Lincoln to Union), and then travel the rest of the way to Nebraska City together. Parker's Smokehouse there seems to have closed, but I'm sure we can find another good restaurant there. Then cruise to the park in Iowa that Steve referred to.

Hybrid booster

Kaleb is coming with us. He will have to met up with us somewhere. Maybe drive to Jeff's. He could also meet up at Sapps and ride with me from there. Husker Brian can't make it. Waiting to hear from Ray.

turbo addict

I can come, likely won't bring the RT. Suspension is getting squirreley.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Not making it, gotta get Breena from the airport in a little bit.

Mitsu booster

Just wanted to come in and say hello. My dad bought me a 91 r/t for my first car, wanted to join and get some inside on the car and what I should mod come spring.

Hybrid booster

Welcome. Nice 1st car. There are some others in the group that have or have had the Spirit R/T's. I'm sure they will be posting up soon. Keep checking back to see when we will meet up next. It won't be until next month sometime as we just met up for this month. Happy holidays and I look forward to meeting you. Jeff, Ray and Adam are the most qualified to answer questions you have probably. Steve.

turbo addict

Glad to have you around! An R/T can be a real fun car, I sure enjoy mine. Hope to see you around.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Mitsu booster

Thanks guys, It came from texas (shipping up this week) low mile red one. I know I want to do a downpipe and upgrade the turbo.

turbo addict

Congrats on your first turbo mopar. Welcome to our little group, hopefully you can make a meeting or two.

Mitsu booster

So thinking 400hp to the wheels sounds good for this until next winter when I can get a built motor from FWDperformace. Will a turbo/downpipe/injectors/front mount get me to 400? What should I use for a tune?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by trailerboy View Post
    So thinking 400hp to the wheels sounds good for this until next winter when I can get a built motor from FWDperformace. Will a turbo/downpipe/injectors/front mount get me to 400? What should I use for a tune?
    You may want to do a full tune up on the car, get a base line dyno, and get used to the stock power before considering upping the power.

turbo addict

+40 injectors, Walbro 255, a good tune, 3" exhaust, good intercooler and a larger turbo like a 50trim or HE351 can get you there. Mine makes 360whp or so with a similar combo (tune is far from optimal though). Good enough for mid 12s in the 1/4 or low 8s in the 1/8 mile.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    You may want to do a full tune up on the car, get a base line dyno, and get used to the stock power before considering upping the power.

I meant should I got HP tuner, or mega squirt or does the factory ECU take a tune or a chip or being flashed. I will be taking it to a dyno shop in IL to get it tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    +40 injectors, Walbro 255, a good tune, 3" exhaust, good intercooler and a larger turbo like a 50trim or HE351 can get you there. Mine makes 360whp or so with a similar combo (tune is far from optimal though). Good enough for mid 12s in the 1/4 or low 8s in the 1/8 mile.

Cool I'll order some parts here soon for it. The turbo thing is a little over my head still. I was thinking precision turbo 6766, but I think thats bigger then what you said you have. Any sites I can go look at to compare turbos, I don't want to bug you guys with asking which turbo is bigger and stuff.

turbo addict

Go read through the TIII section of the board. There is a lot of good info in there to learn & make an informed decision on what parts & such will help you reach your goals.

For spending some time on a dyno, I recommend either of my friends in the area. Jeff at European Motors in Omaha, or Chad & Matt at The Shop Inc. in Lincoln are both very familiar with these cars. I've done business with both and have nothing bad to say about either.

Cindy & James at FWDPerformance can set you up with a good tune. There is a flash able PROM option using some software you can read about in the electronics/ecu section as well.

turbo addict

I would have to agree with 86Shelby. Do LOTS of reading. There are many knowledgeable people on these forums and tons of info If you spend the time to look for it. Get comfortable with the car and its quirks before changing anything. They can be fickle.
    You are either forced to rewire the car for stand alone (megasquirt, BS3 etc), flashable ecu from boostbutton, or having a vendor modify your current ecu for a chip and burn you cals based on your info. (ie, have everything done before tune)
    The turbo you suggest is too large for your modest goals.