Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1309

Thread: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Hybrid booster

Re: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by glhs231 View Post
    I plan on going to the Millard Days car show Sunday. Not showing the car. Just going. Anyone want to meet up around noon?
    Sounds good, Where do you want to meet?

Hybrid booster

I'm planning on going too. Noon sounds fine. The car show is being held in the Hobby Lobby parking lot. We could meet at the front of the UMB bank that's there also.

Hybrid booster

Do we want to meet up and maybe eat lunch prior to walking the show?

Hybrid booster

Sorry. We just got home from church and we are going to in laws house. I will still be there around noon though. It's at Hobby Lobby parking lot on Millard Ave.

Hybrid booster

I'm here, parking sucks. Where is anyone else?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Sorry, I'm trying to piece my house's AC system back together after the basement renovation. It doesn't just go back like it was before now that there's a 17'x7' cinderblock wall in the way. But we do need to have a meet, it's been way too long. It's been a very very busy summer for all of us. I'm hesitant to plan something for Labor Day weekend, but that's my best chance to be guaranteed the day off . . . Does anyone want to plan something? I have no problem putting some miles on the Caliber (obviously, since I've already got 25K in less than a year) so I'm open to anywhere.

Hybrid booster

There was mention of doing something for Labor Day. Just saw this show and thought it sounded pretty good, and only $10 entry fee. Lets get a good showing.
    http://septemberfestomaha.org/index.php/car-show/

Hybrid booster

I probably won't make it this weekend. We will be celebrating our 32nd anniversary. Have fun at the show for those who can make it.

Hybrid booster

Who's up for doing a Fall cruise again this year? Maybe an early to mid-October week-end day, depending on what date works best for the most members. Then we just need to come up with a destination(s) and route to get there (preferably not an Interstate highway). Please post up ideas on when and where.

Hybrid booster

I want to go to Shelby NE this time but my car is down. Not the same taking the truck to Shelby.

Hybrid booster

I think it was your brake booster that failed? Is that correct?

Hybrid booster

Master cylinder and that took out brake booster.

turbo addict

That sucks to hear. The master wouldn't be bad to do, doing the booster is cause for taking a few advil before starting and again once your finished.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Just to confirm, a bad booster is when you have to work harder to apply the brakes and a bad MC is when it's too soft. That right? I have a very soft pedal and need to address the issue on my Lancer, but assuming my understanding is correct.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

If the brakes are super soft or the pedal goes to the floor combines with poor stopping power the MC is suspect. Be sure to go over the rest of the system looking for leaks in the lines or calipers/wheel cylinders. Most of the time with a bad MC the brakes just plain suck and the pedal goes slowly to the floor at stoplights. If you're unlucky the MC suddenly fails 100% and the only way to stop is with the parking brake.

If the brakes are terribly hard the booster is suspect, but only after ruling out vacuum leaks or kinks/restrictions in the line or connector/grommet on the booster. If the booster is bad you can test it by applying vacuum to the booster and seeing if it leaks down.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

There aren't any leaks and the fluid level isn't changing, so it must be the MC. It works all the time, but takes multiple pumps for the brakes to apply. I quit driving it a couple of months ago as it started to get worse. On the GLHS, I have the same brakes and never upgraded the MC and it didn't have the same issue. Just wanted to affirm what I suspected, but really I won't know until I get it swapped out.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

My fluid is coming up missing but no leaks. Jeff had me check the booster and it has fluid under it. He thinks it is leaking in and filling up the booster and that's why there's no fluid on the ground. Tried to bleed it and just kept adding fluid and no difference in the petal.

As I remember it, removing the booster in my Charger wasn't very difficult. But then again, there was nothing else in the engine bay.

Okay kids, gonna put this out there. Let's have lunch at Quaker Steak on Sunday, January 10 at 11:30am. Ray said it should work for him. Who else can come?

Hybrid booster

Is the quaker steak in council bluffs the only one around? I'm down for whatever.