Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

turbo addict

Re: New LinOma-Bluffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Congratulations, Brian! Way to represent!

I'll have to take a look at the video when it's done. Was this the night with the GTRs from Colorado? If so, what did you think of Andy's turbo Camaro?
    Which turbo Camaro? the white one or the black one?

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations, Brian! Way to represent!

I'll have to take a look at the video when it's done. Was this the night with the GTRs from Colorado? If so, what did you think of Andy's turbo Camaro?
    Which turbo Camaro? the white one or the black one?

turbo addict

White.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster

Thanks everyone. I took 1st place in the 1980-1989 Modified class. It probably helped that the H. & H. All Chevy Car Show was also that same day

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by PentastarBooster View Post
    Thanks everyone. I took 1st place in the 1980-1989 Modified class.
    Interesting. Was it the non-1989-cruise servo that put you in the modified class?
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster

Interesting. Was it the non-1989-cruise servo that put you in the modified class?
    Now that's funny. Of course I know the story behind it. I think it's because Shelby only made Phords and Brian modified a dodge with Shelby's name. Painted his wheels gold too.

Hybrid booster

Ray's right, it was the cruise control that tipped it to the Modified class . Actually, I figured I could go either way. Is it a (relatively) stock Shelby CSX, or is it a Carroll Shelby-modified Dodge Shadow?

Hybrid booster

Ray, that also reminds me, do you want to swap the servos back? I had mentioned the problem to Brian Cordes, and that we had tried swapping the servos but that it didn't make any difference. He thought that the problem might be caused by a bad speed-distance sensor.

turbo addict

We can swap them so you have your low-mileage unit back. I'd like to test the vacuum check valve in the vacuum line going to the servo. All that needs to be done is to unplug the vacuum hose from the servo and make sure that you can blow into the line and encounter a little resistance, but when you suck on the hose the check valve should quickly shut and hold vacuum.

I would expect the speedo to be inaccurate or jumpy if the speed sensor was acting up, but weirder things have happened.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

What seems to be the problem? The cruise on my Daytona hasn't acted up once since I replaced the connectors to my ignition coil.*

*As long as the speedometer was working, anyway.

turbo addict

IIRC it doesn't hold a steady speed, it oscillates.

Hybrid booster

Thanks Ray, although it doesn't matter much to me if we leave the servos swapped. I thought you might want yours back because it's several years newer, but I didn't know about the mileage difference in the cars. If I remember correctly, they seemed to be identical units, and you said that mine worked equally well in your car, and mine had the same same problems with yours installed. Yes, the problem with mine is that either the cruise doesn't engage at all, or if it does engage, the engine starts almost immediately surging faster and slower. Within about 5 or 6 seconds of the surging back and forth, the cruise then spontaneously disengages. It's done that since I first bought the car. I haven't noticed a problem with the speedo being jumpy or inaccurate. I read on Allpar.com that the 1989 P-body cars were the last ones to have a cable-driven speedometer, and later-year models had computer-controlled instrument panels. Would a cable-driven speedometer possibly mask a bad speed-distance sensor?

Hybrid booster

Can't explain the surging when it does work, but just throwing this out there. Had a problem with my cruise not working once which turned out to be the connection for the brake switch was loose under the dash. Brake lights still worked but cruise wouldn't. Reading schematics and looking at connector the cruise portion uses different circuit within the switch than the brake lights.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the tip HSKR. I'll check into it.

Meet this month?

Hybrid booster

We're definitely overdue for a meet. I believe we're due for a Lincoln-area meet, unless the Lincoln-area folks don't mind coming to Omaha again . Any ideas for a meet in Lincoln?

Hybrid booster

Isn't there a Tilted Kilt restaurant in Lincoln? Never been there but it looked good on Undercover Boss.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs231 View Post
    Isn't there a Tilted Kilt restaurant in Lincoln? Never been there but it looked good on Undercover Boss.
    Yep there is at the mall. Havn't been to the one there, but went to the one in San Diego. Not to special other than the girls. Better atmosphere than Hooters. More of a bar/burger place as opposed to wing place. Make sure to call ahead for group seating.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

They also just opened a Twin Peaks in the Haymarket. I've heard pretty poor reviews for Tilted Kilt, but granted that was before the new management. Parking would be easier at the mall.

Hybrid booster

Well, you can't go wrong with Parker's Smokehouse. I always like that place. The Ashland one not so much Lincoln.

If you want some good BBQ, I would suggest C. Berry's

http://www.cberrys.com/ (click menu at the top)

They have a small dining area, so maybe grab it go and go eat somewhere else.