Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Major help Or Parents Are going To Sell My Car

Hybrid booster

Exclamation Need Major help Or Parents Are going To Sell My Car

ya i have have a couple of Questions i have a serious over boost problem i have codes 12 45 55 i know over boost is code 45 and what 12 and 55 are but how do i fix it i checked allpar and it says map, logic module, solenoids which i am assuming are the things on the passenger side with all the vac lines hooked to them and also vac lines. i have checked the vac lines all ready and as far as i can tell no leak or cracks. i also sprayed starting fluid on all of them and the rpms didn't go higher so i am 99% sure there is no vac leak how do i check the other things , right now my car is at the shop getting another freeze plug put in and my steering checked i am almost at witts end with this car and my parents said i dont fix the over boost problem myslef they are selling so please some one help me cause i love my TM

Re: Need Major help Or Parents Are going To Sell My Car

Can you tell us more about the car, is it stock, what year and model etc?
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

+1 need more info

But to fix the problem and lower boost, take a single vacuum line direct from the intake to the actuator. As long as it is not shimmed you should run low boost.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

86 daytona turbo z ya how do i splice in to jt with out screwing up another vaccum line could this be electrical because i had a guy change out my valve cover gasket bout a week ago and a non factory hot wire got caught up underneath and it arched out and since then i have had nothing but over boost problems

What all is done to the 86 Z? What is this wire you speak of?

The vacuum line needs to just go from the manifold (T it in to one of the direct manifold lines) and then to the actuator nipple.

How much boost is it making? Which LM is in it?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

not much just a drop k and n filter and some ngk spark plugs other than that completely original t1 car it will make 15lbs easily and it will peg of that on the boost gauge. i have no clue what the wire is it was behind the valve cover its non factory someone just popped a hole in the firewall and ran it down my column to a toggle switch some did at one point have neons on my car and your are talking bout the canister on top of my log intake correct and the line i put on it is the one that controls the wastegate correct

Its been a while since I touched an early T1... does that vacuum line only go to the wastegate solenoid? If so, disconnect it and run a hose from that port to the actuator directly. Also look at teh actuator an dmake sure it doesnt have any washers or shims behind it.

OR

if it has a threaded rod on the actuator make sure it is not pre tentioned.

No shim or pre-tension direct intake to actuator should be like ~5-7 psi boost and solve your problem of overboost.

You can work on fixing it correctly later after your 'rents are satisfied.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Hybrid booster

ya the one for the actuator goes to the solenoid and another go back to the intake for vaccum

Hybrid booster

will this cause my car to run weird what i am tryin to ask is there any negative affects to doing it this way by hooking my waste gate up to the main source directly

OK, just try to bypass the solenoid.

Should not have side effects except lower boost.

Heck, you could just disconnect the actuator rod from the swingvalve flapper and run no boost too, LOL

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by scarface1689 View Post
    will this cause my car to run weird what i am tryin to ask is there any negative affects to doing it this way by hooking my waste gate up to the main source directly
    Nope, you will just have lower boost.

could we get some pictures of where the wire got caught and some pictures of the solenoid area and some other pictures of the engine bay?

Also, with the engine running go to the solenoid that you followed the vacuum lines to and check to see if it gets voltage.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster

the car is at the shop getting a freeze plug put it and the steering checked at the moment how do i check the voltage when i get the car back

Hybrid booster

no jt i like my boost it is my friend just got way too much of it lol

Hybrid booster

the random non factory wire

Hybrid booster

here is a picture of the whole motor

turbo addict

where's that wire start from? you have your knock sensor at the bottome and the charge temp sensor at the top (brass) They have wires coming out of them. You need a mity vac to test you system for leaks. Take the main vac system off the vaccum cansitor on your intake (big black thing in the pic) and put the mityvac in the end of it. You should be able to apply vacuum to the mity vac and have it hold. If it doesn't you should be able to hear where it's leaking from.

Hybrid booster

don't have a mityvac it comes from the a toggle switch under my dash and is a non factory wire that some one added i know this because how its ran and how someone stupidly pop; a hole in my firewall before i bought the car and is the sensor u r talking about on the intake

turbo addict

First things first rip that entire 25 year old vacuum harness off and throw in in the garbage!!! That is the first thing I do on any new TM I get. From the vacuum port on the intake manifold (the black thing with two vac lines coming off of it) you only need 3 lines to make a log car run. Run one to the waste gate can, one to the FPR, and one to the vac line that goes through the firewall on the passenger side. DONE. Will run MUCH better. If you don't know what all those things are, I can try to post pics.

Hybrid booster

ok i already did replace all the vac lines and if thats all it takes whats the deal with all the other vac lines lol shadow

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    First things first rip that entire 25 year old vacuum harness off and throw in in the garbage!!! That is the first thing I do on any new TM I get. From the vacuum port on the intake manifold (the black thing with two vac lines coming off of it) you only need 3 lines to make a log car run. Run one to the waste gate can, one to the FPR, and one to the vac line that goes through the firewall on the passenger side. DONE. Will run MUCH better. If you don't know what all those things are, I can try to post pics.
    +1 TO that. I've seen the factory lines get so brittle that just moving them out of the way makes them snap.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast