Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turbo water lines

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: turbo water lines

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetona View Post
    Holy crap did a battery explode up in there? lol
    nope lol

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

i didnt paint the hard line thinking its stainless ...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Holy crap did a battery explode up in there? lol
    Nope, its winters in Quebec, cold, snowy and nasty.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

......I would consider getting my stainless steel lines elsewhere, if this is the kind of quality that they have stooped down too.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Nope, its winters in Quebec, cold, snowy and nasty.
    im in ontario, park my car outside in winter, its been uncovered yada yada.....never once seen anything rust like that!!!

didnt use that line in the winter ...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    ......I would consider getting my stainless steel lines elsewhere, if this is the kind of quality that they have stooped down too.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

im in ontario, park my car outside in winter, its been uncovered yada yada.....never once seen anything rust like that!!!
    Its the salt, not sitting outside.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbymonster View Post
    didnt use that line in the winter ...
    Hmmmmmm.

The rest looks like alot of salt corrosion.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

its the first line i got , the one that wasnt the good lenght , and the new line one pressed fitting is leaking (flex line)...

The new flex line wasn't leaking when you were running it initially? Make sure it is fully tightened. Call us if it still leaks so we can put you in touch with our supplier to have it addressed.

I understand the original tube needed to be bent outward to fit because the tubing length was reversed. This is a common misatake by a newby tube bending technician. Another common mistake is not using Stainless Steel which he also did. Our contract with our supplier states that all tubing is supposed to be stainless. If it isn't then the supplier replaces it and pays for expedited shipping on their dime, not ours.

I just checked and we have sold 482 Braided Steel oil and coolant line kits. The few issues there were our vendor shipped parts directly to our customers because we don't make enough profit on these lines to support replacements. We prefer to use larger ID lines which costs us more to make however we are priced the same as the smaller lines on the market today.

Chris-TU

maybe the supplier need vacation or something lol
    The newby who made your lines knows better now and we have had 0 problems with him since.

Chris-TU

BTW- Our lines have been redesigned so the improper length issue can no longer happen. I will post pics of our new design later in this thread.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Yeah...so we definitely get salt corrosion here too. I just assumed it was something acidic. I wasnt talking about the line rust, more or less the white specs.

turbo addict

Yeah...so we definitely get salt corrosion here too. I just assumed it was something acidic. I wasnt talking about the line rust, more or less the white specs.
    Mine rusted too.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    The new flex line wasn't leaking when you were running it initially? Make sure it is fully tightened. Call us if it still leaks so we can put you in touch with our supplier to have it addressed.

I understand the original tube needed to be bent outward to fit because the tubing length was reversed. This is a common misatake by a newby tube bending technician. Another common mistake is not using Stainless Steel which he also did. Our contract with our supplier states that all tubing is supposed to be stainless. If it isn't then the supplier replaces it and pays for expedited shipping on their dime, not ours.

I just checked and we have sold 482 Braided Steel oil and coolant line kits. The few issues there were our vendor shipped parts directly to our customers because we don't make enough profit on these lines to support replacements. We prefer to use larger ID lines which costs us more to make however we are priced the same as the smaller lines on the market today.

Chris-TU

The newby who made your lines knows better now and we have had 0 problems with him since.

Chris-TU

BTW- Our lines have been redesigned so the improper length issue can no longer happen. I will post pics of our new design later in this thread.
    im sorry to tell you but my replacement line leaks ... it leaks where the the braided line is crimped and that as soon i added the coolant b4 starting the car ... i cant tight that part wrong ...

btwi dont want it fix ,ill take it to a nearby hydraulic shop to make another one

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Mine rusted too.
    Mine looks like its stainless, I just feel like the big nut on the side of the head shouldnt want to bind as much as it did.

The tubes themselves are stainless but the attaching nuts are just zinc plated/coated/anodized to resist rust.

Not sure which nut you are saying is binding. Do you mean against the side of the head with the double male bulkhead fitting? You should tighten the nut attaching the bulkhead fitting first while it's away from the head then attach the nut that goes into the side of the thermostat box afterwards. The side of the head will prevent the side nut from coming undone.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

not my turbo or line , showing where it leaks

So, it didn't leak when it was attached to the original non SS tube we sent you, but, when you installed the new SS tube from us it started leaking?

Chris-TU

i had a complete replacement line and it leaks, the old line is too long and pinched

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    The tubes themselves are stainless but the attaching nuts are just zinc plated/coated/anodized to resist rust.

Not sure which nut you are saying is binding. Do you mean against the side of the head with the double male bulkhead fitting? You should tighten the nut attaching the bulkhead fitting first while it's away from the head then attach the nut that goes into the side of the thermostat box afterwards. The side of the head will prevent the side nut from coming undone.

Chris-TU
    Yes thats it, tightening it ended with one of the points of the nut hitting the head, not a flat part. I couldnt torque it any more or loosen it. Ill just deal with it haha.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123