Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The smurf

turbo addict

Re: The smurf

It looks like its straight in the picture but its curved. It's a cut up stock upper hose. I filled it up and it took right at 2 gallons total. Specs are hard to find but it seems OEM capacity for most our cars is around 9-9.5 quarts including the overflow bottle. So its pretty close in capacity to the OE setup.

turbo addict

The smurf LIVES AGAIN!!! I got my boostbutton cal today (thanks rob) and fired it up. It started up and runs pretty good considering it has year old gas in it. I let it idle but to my dismay the oil pressure light kept flickering when it got kind of warmed up. I used the combination warning light and gauge oil pressure unit from the TBI engine. Suffice to say I was pretty sad. So just to eliminate the sensor as a possibility I swapped in the old single oil pressure switch from the old engine. I ghetto rigged a wire to it from the 2 way connector and the oil light no longer flickers. I know this switch works because I ran it in the old engine for well over a year. After fixing that I noticed the coolant temp creep up and fan was not coming on. Apparently I forgot to plug in the single wire connector going to the relay. Fan works now. I went for a little drive down the street. All went well except it's still a little hot. I gave it maybe 1/3 throttle and hit maybe 3 psi in this 120* heat index weather and it already feels like a monster. Only weird thing that happened is the power loss light came on for a second or 2 when I let off the throttle after boosting it. I parked it and am going to see if I still have air in the coolant system. Once I work out the bugs and break it in I can't wait until I'm running 18+ psi.

turbo addict

If you have oil pressure problems, PUT A MECHANICAL GAUGE ON IT. Hot idle when the fan kicked on in 110° weather using 10w30 was 15psi. Blip the throttle and it hits 55psi. The low oil light was coming on at 16psi.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112