Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1321

Thread: The Chargers quest for 9's

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: The Chargers quest for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Custom disc for the small splined trans + proper geometry for PP travel. If memory serves you just clearanced the trans and installed a complete SRT ACT set-up? (didn't match PP travel to our clutch pedal/cable)
    Right, I forgot about the small spline disk. Which plate? you said 650 and IIR the HD plate is rated at ~614 and the XT is ~704

Yes, all I did was clearance the bellhousing and used the full ACT setup. Works perfect for the large spline 91 up trans. Probably not T-III tho with crank sensor?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Probably not T-III tho with crank sensor?
    Right.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Hybrid booster

id still like to know who made up your clutch for you, id like something with a bunch more bite without a huge amount of pedal force required to make daily duties in stop and go much easier.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Right, I forgot about the small spline disk. Which plate? you said 650 and IIR the HD plate is rated at ~614 and the XT is ~704
    Ah yes, my little spring/pin secret. I was so woried about the rumours that solid disc is "undrivable" on the street that I added some full floating sprung pins between the flywheel and crank.

I figured they would absorb some shock load and smooothhhh out the engagement a little. Damn expensive to produce though!

Had to make them from solid berillium stock!

Worked like a charm though, and well worth the $'s spent and by absolute coincidence they worked out to exactly 36lbs extra spring preasure.

So, 614 + 36 = 650

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    id still like to know who made up your clutch for you, id like something with a bunch more bite without a huge amount of pedal force required to make daily duties in stop and go much easier.
    ????????

Who do you think made it up for me? (No secrets, I've revealed everything there is to know about my clutch)

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

i think what he is asking is who as in where did you get it from( i know you said fwd) but it isnt listed on their site as an option to buy.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

????????

Who do you think made it up for me? (No secrets, I've revealed everything there is to know about my clutch)
    Its a valid question, settle down, some people haven't read every post you've made and kept track of what you do, and I doubt he's going to read 51 pages to find the answer of who made the twin disc setup when simply asking you will do the trick.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Ah yes, my little spring/pin secret. I was so woried about the rumours that solid disc is "undrivable" on the street that I added some full floating sprung pins between the flywheel and crank.

I figured they would absorb some shock load and smooothhhh out the engagement a little. Damn expensive to produce though!

Had to make them from solid berillium stock!

Worked like a charm though, and well worth the $'s spent and by absolute coincidence they worked out to exactly 36lbs extra spring preasure.

So, 614 + 36 = 650
    Something does not seem right here. How does "between the flywheel and crank" add any pressure to the disk when it is between the flywheel and pressure plate?

Hope it wasn't too expensive for you, I haven't heard of anyone racing a solid hub puck clutch having too much issue on the street

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

The way I had it set-up with FWD you would have been able to run ANY friction material you wanted. eg. my set-up with full faced organic disk would still be a 480WTQ clutch and drive like stock...........
    Nice, that would probably be the setup 90% of people would want, including me at the moment. I know pucks can be okay for some to drive on the street, but it's seem to be hit and miss, and nobody w/ a full disc has ever complained of chatter that I know off, so it is pretty much a sure fire bet for nice street manners. 480wtq capability is plenty for most of us here. So the PP and discs are available through FWD?

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Hope it wasn't too expensive for you, I haven't heard of anyone racing a solid hub puck clutch having too much issue on the street
    I did, but it was in a Honda. Stage 4 or 5 4-puck solid hub from Exedy or ACT, it was an absolute PITA to drive on the street in a daily.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Its a valid question, settle down, some people haven't read every post you've made and kept track of what you do, and I doubt he's going to read 51 pages to find the answer of who made the twin disc setup when simply asking you will do the trick.
    Can't a guy even horse around a little? I was going to ask which set-up he was asking about, but the way he worded it, it sounded like it had to be the one I'm running.

The twin disc came from Monster clutches, but it's not currently in production.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Something does not seem right here. How does "between the flywheel and crank" add any pressure to the disk when it is between the flywheel and pressure plate?
    That's because I never told you about my full floating flywheel, with hyrdro-flotation center to act against the disc! :P

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Let me ask you this then, what was the best single disc/PP combo you have run that is still available?
    Last edited by Force Fed Mopar; 11-06-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Nice, that would probably be the setup 90% of people would want, including me at the moment. I know pucks can be okay for some to drive on the street, but it's seem to be hit and miss, and nobody w/ a full disc has ever complained of chatter that I know off, so it is pretty much a sure fire bet for nice street manners. 480wtq capability is plenty for most of us here. So the PP and discs are available through FWD?
    Well, this is what I thought as well. I figured this would be the "go to" set-up for anyone who wanted the friendliest driving high TQ set-up they could buy in a single disc app.

Something happened between the multiple manufacturers and thinking there wouldn't be enough interest? I'm Not sure? Last I spoke with FWD about it, they were going to try and get ACT to make the whole pkge, as they didn't like the idea of one company making some of the parts and another making the rest?

That + there is work in putting all the parts together and the end user still needs to do mods to the tranny housing/ fork lever arm, so maybe they thought it was too much and ppl wouldn't be interested.

The KC article JT is talking about has all the mod info that I sent to FWD. I believe there are at least 3-5 other ppl running this style set-up as that's how many have PM'd me asking for the info so far.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Hybrid booster

for the record i was inquiring about the twin disc clutch setup you have pics of 10? pages back. i am going to see an aquaintance who has a srt-4 that is apart. he's got a nice act twin disc clutch setup that i want to see. just trying to find some bulletproof clutch options. ^ also wouldnt mind seein what you say about your best and most favorite clutch combo's.

Let me ask you this then, what was the best single disc/PP combo you have run?
    If I haven't been perfectly clear, I appologise. There is NO single disc set-up I have run other than this that has come close to the power holding capability + driver friendly manners!

I'm running a 3 puc Solid hub disc (supposedly THE most unstreetable set-up Period!) and because of the easy pedal and large window of modulation I can hardly tell the difference from my old 4 puck sprung.

Matter of fact, I have to keep reminding myself I'm even running this aggressive of a disc! (keep forgetting it's solid)

Ppl, let's keep a couple things in mind here. This IS a 9 second clutch set-up! The Charger has already Proven this by it's 60' AND 330' capability! + I believe I'm the only person at anywhere near this power level that can shift a Stock 568 at over 7000rpm without hurting the trans! I've been running this trans for 4 years now and have yet to crack it open and look inside.......

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    for the record i was inquiring about the twin disc clutch setup you have pics of 10? pages back. i am going to see an aquaintance who has a srt-4 that is apart. he's got a nice act twin disc clutch setup that i want to see. just trying to find some bulletproof clutch options. ^ also wouldnt mind seein what you say about your best and most favorite clutch combo's.
    Ya, my bad man, Sorry I tend to horse around prob a little too much for most and I thought I had put all the info I could out there about what I was running.

Funny thing is, I Still get ppl PM'ing me asking if I'll tell them my secrets and I'm like WTH? Haven't I told you guys everything I've done, almost word for word? lol

Also, the twin disc was originally made for the SRT-4 platform, but I got in at ground level over a year ago and was able to get them to make the apropriate changes so that there would be minimal mods that would need to be done to run them in our tranys.

But the STR-4 crowd really pissed off the manufacturer (just a couple clowns) and they put a hold on further production. I'm really hoping that once I Prove their twin disc into the 9's, they will at least consider making them for our community again!
    Last edited by Shadow; 11-06-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

JT, in all seriousness, I'm running a 3 puc disc. So it depends on what your take is on how a clutch actually works. 1/2 the ppl/ manufacturers out there state that the less surface area of the pucks, the greater the holding power. The other 1/2 thinks there's no difference. Or to put it more acuratly, they don't say anything, one way or the other.

ACT doesn't distiguish between the 4 puc and 6 puc, they are both rated at 614WTQ. Now, that may be for ease of info (less #'s = less confusing?) but if you believe that less surface = more pressure = more grab, then that's where I bumped the rating to 650WTQ

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Let me ask you this then, what was the best single disc/PP combo you have run that is still available?
    This stuff is all available. It would be nice to be able to get it as a complete pkg from FWD (I really thought that ppl would flock to this) but if FWD isn't going to put this together, it can still be done.

Other than that, the RPS/FWD 4 puc I ran to around 490-500WHP Was the best set-up I had run.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Yeah sorry, I keep getting confused as to whether you are running a twin disc or single disc right now. You have a twin disc, but have not installed it yet right?

So, you are currently running a 3-puck solid hub disc from... FWD? With a PP from... FWD??

The RPS PP/FWD 4-puck disc was a good combo also you say? I think that is what is in my Lebaron, I know it has a FWD 4-spuck sprung but not sure what PP yet. I have not been a fan of pucks on the street, but I am willing to be open minded about them still.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

+ I believe I'm the only person at anywhere near this power level that can shift a Stock 568 at over 7000rpm without hurting the trans
    No you're not. I'm shifting at 8000 with a weaker than stock 568. I also don't know why the TU clutches seem to be forgotten all the time. I've been running a purple 4 puck for all the years I have raced my car. The only issue I have ever had was with the springs. Even with the sprung hub it never came close to slipping. This years mph puts me well above 550whp and it's never skipped a beat.

Yeah sorry, I keep getting confused as to whether you are running a twin disc or single disc right now. You have a twin disc, but have not installed it yet right?

So, you are currently running a 3-puck solid hub disc from... FWD? With a PP from... FWD??

The RPS PP/FWD 4-puck disc was a good combo also you say? I think that is what is in my Lebaron, I know it has a FWD 4-spuck sprung but not sure what PP yet. I have not been a fan of pucks on the street, but I am willing to be open minded about them still.
    Correct, I Have a twin disc set-up, but haven't installed it yet. I'm running an ACT HD SRT-4 PP + Clutchnet 3 puc solid hub disc. I got the ACT stuff through FWD performance.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    No you're not. I'm shifting at 8000 with a weaker than stock 568. I also don't know why the TU clutches seem to be forgotten all the time. I've been running a purple 4 puck for all the years I have raced my car. The only issue I have ever had was with the springs. Even with the sprung hub it never came close to slipping. This years mph puts me well above 550whp and it's never skipped a beat.
    Your trans IS moddified to shift Better at high RPM, mine is Not. That's all I was saying. Wether you believe yours is weaker or not because of that mod has Zero to do with anything AFAIC. Everything I've done is on a Bone stock 568 with quaife, no upgraded shift pads, no cut gears ect. Really glad to see you having the same type of success as me though (with the trans) as I don't believe you've had the same trouble as others have been having? (have you?)

I can't comment on the TU clutches as I have Zero personal experience with them. I have heard good things about them through yourself and Pat + others, so ya, I guess it's up to the person looking?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Can't a guy even horse around a little? I was going to ask which set-up he was asking about, but the way he worded it, it sounded like it had to be the one I'm running.

The twin disc came from Monster clutches, but it's not currently in production.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

That's because I never told you about my full floating flywheel, with hyrdro-flotation center to act against the disc! :P
    You have to use smilies if your joking around otherwise how are we supposed to tell?

IE your a jackazz!

kidding,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    You have to use smilies if your joking around otherwise how are we supposed to tell?

IE your a jackazz!

kidding,
    It's called Dry humour for a reason. IF I use smiles than you know I was joking Before we get to the punchline.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    So you are running a 4-puck solid w/ a TU purple plate now? What happened with the spring hub disc?

(Then I'll stop hijacking your thread, Shadow )
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC