Thread: Any radio techs here ?

boostaholic

Any radio techs here ?

Both my trip + radio memory only work for about a minute after the key is turned off. Recently the cigar lighter power got touched to grd while the console was out. Didn't blow the fuse and not sure if it's on the same circuit. I have both batt power and ground at the proper location on both connectors. I'm wondering if the memories are kept alive by a compositor that could have been fried ? I'm too broke to replace ethier and besides that I like fixing my own sh!t.

Hybrid booster

Re: Any radio techs here ?

There's a constant +12 feed to each to keep the memories. According to the 89 FSM the red constant +12 is indeed shared with the lighter. Not sure about other years but I don't suspect things like that have changed much over the years.

boostaholic

Re: Any radio techs here ?

Intermittent loss of power when the drivers door was opened was my problem. Ran new power wire ( not spliced into exsisting wire )with a fuse fix it. Another weird thing I found was a BLOWN fuse with 12 volt on one side and almost 5 volt on the other side even after the fuse was remove. The fuse # 7 was for instrumentation ? I'll NEVER check fuses with a test light again as this problem fooled the light. Not sure what else was on the circuit, but really don't care as everything seems to be working correctly now.