Thread: Shadow/Sundance window trim clips?

Mitsu booster

Shadow/Sundance window trim clips?

I am in the process of having my CSX painted. When the guy at the body shop removed the black trim around the doors, most of the clips that hold the molding on broke. I am need of these clips and haven't had any luck in locating any based on the numbers on the clips. The number on the clip is 96322. I figured I could go to a junkyard and get some that way but I'm afraid those would break too trying to take them off. Anybody know where I can get these?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: Shadow/Sundance window trim clips?

I also will be needing some of these. Bump

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thanks for the warning I will not remove that EVER.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Find an auveco catalog online and look in the clip/fastener section.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

This place lists them, about 3/4 of the way down the page, part# N16836.

http://www.northlandfasteners.com/Mo...Clips/Chry.htm

When I painted my Shadow I wasn't able to find new ones, and after some practice got good at removing them from junkyard cars, but it you can get them new that's the way to go.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

Stuff like that cracks up easy in cooler weather, go find some in July or August.

Hybrid booster

I usually get all my stuff from AuVeCo, but they didn't carry those clips.

However, was able to find them and I'm pretty sure I still have a box of them. I'll go find the box and/or receipt from the place I bought them and post up the info. The place where I got them shut down their website so you have to call them now.

That's actually a funny story - I just happened to submit my order on the very last day they had the website online and a couple weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything. So I checked the website and it was gone! I had the company info, so I called and sure enough, they never checked their orders on the website on the last day they closed it and never saw my order! However, when they were reconciling their receipts for the month, they noticed extra money, so when I called and told them the product I had ordered online and amount of my order, they matched the dollar amount up and realized that I had definitely ordered and paid via the website! They apologized profusely and actually sent me an extra box of clips and several other nick-nacks with my order

Jon

Mitsu booster

I found the factory part number (6003982) and checked with the dealer on availability. The clip has been discontinued but I got the phone number of a few places that still showed some in stock. I found a place in TN who had some. These clips are $11.45 each and I need 12 of them. I called a couple of aftermarket places and am waiting on some return calls from them on price and availability. If anyone knows a source please let me know.

Hybrid booster

Forgot about this thread! 11.45 each?!?!?! I got a box of 25 for about $10!!

Let me go out to the garage and try to get the info for you right now!

Hybrid booster

OK - I got them from a supplier for Crest Industries and the Crest part number is CRX9272 - $10.41 for a box of 25.

The funny thing is, they came in an AuVeCo box with the AuVeCo part number and everything (AuVeCo part number 16836), so for the heck of it, I just checked AuVeCo and I was correct - it is listed as discontinued as of 2005.

As I mentioned before, the supplier where I got them no longer has a website, but I just did a quick search, and while the main Crest Industries website does not list them, I did find a subsidiary site (Crest Midwest) that does list them. Here's the link: http://www.crestmidwest.com/storefro...50&itm_index=0

Hope this helps!

Jon

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
    OK - I got them from a supplier for Crest Industries and the Crest part number is CRX9272 - $10.41 for a box of 25.

The funny thing is, they came in an AuVeCo box with the AuVeCo part number and everything (AuVeCo part number 16836), so for the heck of it, I just checked AuVeCo and I was correct - it is listed as discontinued as of 2005.

As I mentioned before, the supplier where I got them no longer has a website, but I just did a quick search, and while the main Crest Industries website does not list them, I did find a subsidiary site (Crest Midwest) that does list them. Here's the link: http://www.crestmidwest.com/storefro...50&itm_index=0

Hope this helps!

Jon
    Yeah Jon that would have helped, but they are out of stock.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Wow - I just checked that page, and you're right Todd - "Quantity in stock: -1"

OK - let me see if I can find the receipt for the exact place where I got them from (all information I posted was off of the sticker they placed on the box).

Helf - if the place where you found them actually has them in stock and is stating $11 each, doublecheck to see if that's for 1 box. When I bought mine, they listed them as "quantity 1", but when I checked further, the quantity 1 was actually 1 box of 25 clips.

And if worse come to worse and you can't find them, I'll send you the 11 that you need.

Pretty weird - I just thought about it and I used 11 of them on my car too...LOL! Is that the standard number that break upon removal of the trim

Mitsu booster

Wow - I just checked that page, and you're right Todd - "Quantity in stock: -1"

OK - let me see if I can find the receipt for the exact place where I got them from (all information I posted was off of the sticker they placed on the box).

Helf - if the place where you found them actually has them in stock and is stating $11 each, doublecheck to see if that's for 1 box. When I bought mine, they listed them as "quantity 1", but when I checked further, the quantity 1 was actually 1 box of 25 clips.

And if worse come to worse and you can't find them, I'll send you the 11 that you need.

Pretty weird - I just thought about it and I used 11 of them on my car too...LOL! Is that the standard number that break upon removal of the trim
    The place I called was actually a warehouse of OEM parts, so those were the factory clips, which I believe are $11.45 each. I did talk to an aftermarket place and they said the quantity is usually 25 or 50. They didn't have any in stock and were supposed to be checking and have someone call me back. I haven't heard back from them so I will try calling them again.

I think I actually need 12, all of them are broken from both sides of the car. If you have 12 you are willing to sell me just let me know that would be great.

Mitsu booster

Alright, I just talked to the place I called the other day and he informed me that they have been discontinued. So the only other option I have right now is the dealer unless someone knows of another place to check with.

turbo addict

$11.45 for each plastic clip is beyond ridiculous. What do you think the actual cost of these are? At that price point, they are pricing themselves out of any market that there might have been for them. Like a lot of obsolete parts that are stocked by business's, they will never be sold. They will sit on them so long, that the day will come when there is no market for them, and they will not only be worthless, but it will cost them money to throw them away!
    Todd

Hybrid booster

OK - found the receipt. The place where I got them is called "The Cliphouse" and their phone number is: 1.800.229.2547 extension 381

It looks like they have put a website back up too, and the clips are not listed on it, but I would recommend trying to give them a call anyway. Mention the part numbers I listed above and see what happens.

Here's a link to their site if you're interested: http://cliphouse.com/index.aspx

Let me know if they don't come through for ya.

Jon

turbo addict

Personally, if I had a couple of good ones, round about now, I'd be trying to make moulds out of RTV and melting up a batch of chopped up polypropylene medicine bottles... (#5 in the triangle)

Mitsu booster

OK - found the receipt. The place where I got them is called "The Cliphouse" and their phone number is: 1.800.229.2547 extension 381

It looks like they have put a website back up too, and the clips are not listed on it, but I would recommend trying to give them a call anyway. Mention the part numbers I listed above and see what happens.

Here's a link to their site if you're interested: http://cliphouse.com/index.aspx

Let me know if they don't come through for ya.

Jon
    I tried those guys and they said they don't show them listed anymore. The lady I talked to was going to check with one other place and see if they still had them but if not she had nothing.

Looks like I may be left with having to try to get enough off junkyard cars without breaking them.

Hybrid booster

Geez - I just bought mine in July, so I must have gotten lucky and got the last couple of boxes they had.

My guess is you talked to the same woman that I dealt with (seemed like a mom and pop shop that's tied to a larger company). Give her a few days and see if she gets back to you - she's pretty good and I bet she'll call you even if she can't find them. If she has no luck, I can probably spare the amount you need. I have another CSX to restore, but I haven't even come anywhere near close to starting it, so while I'm sure I'll need some of these for it, I'm not sure how many I'll need. So I'd like to keep at least a dozen for myself just in case.

Jon

Mitsu booster

Alright the lady did call me back and said that her other supplier had those clips listed as being discontinued in 1999.

Jonny, if you are able to spare some I would really appreciate it. I believe I need 12 total, 6 per side, so whatever you can spare would be awesome.