Thread: 1983 Dodge Aries K 5 speed wagon in IL

1983 Dodge Aries K 5 speed wagon in IL

This is a 1983 Dodge Aries K wagon. It has right around 110K on the clock. It's got a 2.2L Carb'ed engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. First year Chrysler had a 5 speed in their FWD cars! Of course, the bottoms of the doors are rusty as are the rockers but all in all it's actually pretty all right. We put all new brake lines front to back on the thing as well as a new tail pipe. Cruddy radio was replaced with digital tune AM/FM unit. It IS a very basic car... manual steering, no a/c, single speaker radio, basic two speed wipers... but it does have bucket seats, center console with the 5 speed shifter, rear defrost, and the cool digital clock. I put NEW hatch struts on it so the gate actually works as it should! Headliner is, of course, sagging. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pcv valve, air filter, headlamps, and aftermarket radiator fan. Could use a coolant flush. I've averaged 35 MPG around town with this thing and a light foot. Original suspension is a bit tired though.

Excuse the pictures... they are when I first got the car and currently the car has most of my living room stored in it. It cleaned up really nice but I just can't get inside of it very easily right now LOL.

Awful dead Pioneer radio was destroyed... Good ol' ChryCo AM/FM was installed for maximum radio enjoyment experience. I'd love to see this get restored, as that was my intentions for it, but if anything it would make a pretty good everyday driver if you don't mind things like manual steering and no air conditioning. I'd like $800 or best offer for it. 815-980-8960 call or text any time. Thanks!

Re: 1983 Dodge Aries K 5 speed wagon in IL

Too bad the Pioneer was broken, those are worth a few bucks on Ebay.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Yeah, it smelled of very burnt electronics. I attempted to hook it up once removed but it just kept blowing fuses.

Gunna bump this ol' bugger. I think I have a new storage shed so this poor car needs a new home.

turbo addict

It'd make a GREAT sleeper!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

It would make a killer sleeper but also would make a great gas miser for your daily commute if so desired. Let's get this thing out of here! I'll even make a package deal with this thing and my Shadow I'm trying to sell :-p

Let's give er a Buuuuuuump!!!

Gone! Traded it to someone for a different K car.

The new one is a rust free 1985 Turbo LeBaron K coupe. It's going to hopefully be awesome in time for SDAC this summer.

Sweet, must see PICS!
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568