Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: 2 Piece intake

Hybrid booster

Re: WTB: 2 Piece intake

cant you just bolt one on some where it looks good . i would. heck bolt it to the fender they probley wouldnt no the diff. lol

Garrett booster

Heh.... I've thought about that. I was mostly hoping to get something that would just be bolt together. I've wanted to get a 2pc for a while now and at this point I figured: why not?

Hybrid booster

well good luck. ive seen a couple on the sight for sale. i have one but it has to go on the glhs. and i think im going to try a one peice on the 86 tona. not really looking for big hp. a littl above 200. im hoping.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    yeah just post up asking other PA members where they go???

ive only ever seen 1, 2 piece intake like that...it was a NOS prototype and even only had 3 ribs on the top.

any 2 piece I have owned was never even machined for the EGR...
    where did you see that?

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showt...in-our-Intakes
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

can't see pics unless your a member booooooo

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    can't see pics unless your a member booooooo
    signing up to a forum is pretty tricky. I'd guess you can't figure it out.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87DaytonaPac View Post
    I don't have a 2pc in hand yet. I just offered to buy one today so I will have to see. Unfortunately, this experience has shown me that regardless of what the inspection mechanic sees with his own eyes, he will parrot whatever the state says as the gospel. If the state has a paper that says EGR, then it has to have one regardless of the reality. So, papers become real and reality becomes null and void. Insanity.
    I would just JB Weld it on where it should sit, add a vacuum line to it, done.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Boo, still banned, oh well,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

my bad. imean 2 peice intakes. proby with out egr. i would try to get some docs on the car showing it did not come with one then take it to them and see what they say. or how you can fix the issue with out being costly... maybe if you classify it as a classic. you can get it exempt. we dont have emission checks yet. we just deal with the smell of cattle

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87DaytonaPac View Post
    Ya know, I used to live in the Scranton area (Northeast PA) and never had this trouble. State College is a whole different story. The locals peg someone as an outsider and go out of their way to jerk that person around. I've never experienced anything like it. I think there is a strong undercurrent of resentment to the University and students/faculty/professionals that come in and take over "their" town. They seem oblivious to the fact that without the University, this town would be a cow pie in a field.
    wow.. that sucks man Can you get it inspected in another town?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

guess what i found. looked at my 2 peice intake manny and it has a spot for the egr with a plate over it. i have to check my 87 glhs to make sure its not a cally. if not we can do some wheelen and dealen. ill pm you later

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by csomni View Post
    guess what i found. looked at my 2 peice intake manny and it has a spot for the egr with a plate over it. i have to check my 87 glhs to make sure its not a cally. if not we can do some wheelen and dealen. ill pm you later
    Let me get back to you. I just paid for one and have an offer on a second. If that goes through I'll have what I need.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    wow.. that sucks man Can you get it inspected in another town?
    I can try, however that approach is getting expensive and time consuming. The fake egr plans guarantees I won't have to go through this BS anymore.

Hybrid booster

this is true. the intakes are exspenseve. i need one for the glhs tring to keep it as stock as posible. as far as the daytona im going with a 1 peice.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

my buddy got the intake in MI last year or 2.....with a bunch of NOS stuff. it all came from a shelby race team, and one of the guys had all kinds of stuff left over. my friend cleaned him out for like 6 or 700 bucks.

there a NOS turbo from each car. T1 log garrett w 2.25" swingvalve small can, TII garrett with 2.25 swingvalve and small can, TII garrett with 2.5" swingvalve and large can, TIII R/T Garrett w/swingvalve and can, VNT turbo complete....and of course the prototype 2 piece, 2 NOS heads (1 287 and 1 782)

sorry dont have pics...someone has it tho....alls i got was the G head

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    my buddy got the intake in MI last year or 2.....with a bunch of NOS stuff. it all came from a shelby race team, and one of the guys had all kinds of stuff left over. my friend cleaned him out for like 6 or 700 bucks.

there a NOS turbo from each car. T1 log garrett w 2.25" swingvalve small can, TII garrett with 2.25 swingvalve and small can, TII garrett with 2.5" swingvalve and large can, TIII R/T Garrett w/swingvalve and can, VNT turbo complete....and of course the prototype 2 piece, 2 NOS heads (1 287 and 1 782)

sorry dont have pics...someone has it tho....alls i got was the G head
    JT2 owns this one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0881.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	26911  
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

JT2 owns this one...
    yes that be the one

Cool Re: WTB: 2 Piece intake

Funny thing, I've collected a bunch of 2-piece intakes from '87 T2 cars snd seen many more, most from California, and I have never seen one with EGR. However, all of the (stock) '86 GLHS's had it. The valve is the same as the one from the early T1 log manifold cars but the pipe is exclusive to these cars.

About 15 years ago when I first converted my '85 Omni to turbo I had a similar experience at the smog station. I have '87 Shelby Lancer smog stickers on the car so I referred to them, claiming an emissions "upgrade". The guy could find nothing to show that I didn't need one except the stickers, but apparently he entered someting into the "system" that let it go because I've been tested 6 times since then and the issue has never come up.

Garrett booster

Mock, Cali has had a lot of time to refine their system and take gear heads into account. PA is in the emissions backwater. I can forget about anything like a waiver or exemption on paper or electronically. The process is moronic and I think most car guys in this state have to rely on a mechanic that they are in with or on sheer luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12