Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul that USED to work with TU

turbo addict

Re: Paul that USED to work with TU

Should I have a couple of my brothers "Harley buddies" go over to his place for a "talk"?
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

johnny a talk never you guys should go over there and play some scrabble and shoots and ladders now that should set him good

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    johnny a talk never you guys should go over there and play some scrabble and shoots and ladders now that should set him good
    Punctuation is overrated. (just bustin your balls).

turbo addict

I just do not understand why people don't try TRY do do what's right.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Should I have a couple of my brothers "Harley buddies" go over to his place for a "talk"?
    There are enough guys on this board who are friends with him that I hope they could influence him into doing the right thing. That may be hard for him at this point though. He has left people high and dry multiple times when he was working with TU and I believe he did that back before TU while on TD back when too.

The guy is an unreliable businessman at best, a liar and thief at worst it looks like.

ETA: Another area local Mike Sanders did something similar once and was banned from this site permanently. That guy still owes me. You would think Paul V. would get the same.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I just do not understand why people don't try TRY do do what's right.
    Me either, he's cost TU alot of money and cred,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Why anyone did business with the guy after the first disaster is beyond me. First you've got to realize the risk dealing with someone with a shady past. And also, did anyone in the biz charge more than him to do a cal? It seems like there are plenty of options these days.

Anyway, best of luck getting your money/parts/cal or anything to make up for it. Scammers suck!
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Hybrid booster

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Mike Sanders now thats a name i dont want to bring up

I know he has good intentions when he starts doing cals but quickly gets in over his head. I would hope that maybe he will finally learn that, quit trying to do business here, and make things right with the people he owes stuff to. If not, then I was wrong about my first statement.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

in 2006 I suggested to Paul he should consider increasing his prices, perhaps double or triple ...that might lower the number of orders and might give him more motivation to turn the cal around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    in 2006 I suggested to Paul he should consider increasing his prices, perhaps double or triple ...that might lower the number of orders and might give him more motivation to turn the cal around.
    I don't think money was the issue.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

^true, it was the heavy workload from what I recall him saying to me...the higher price might have lowered the # of orders and given Paul more time to complete each. but anyways, he seems like a real talented and nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    ^true, it was the heavy workload from what I recall him saying to me...the higher price might have lowered the # of orders and given Paul more time to complete each. but anyways, he seems like a real talented and nice guy.
    Nice guys don't f*ck you over.

Now I don't know the story but its not really needed, its really simple, he took orders, he does the cals, if he can't keep up, he tells Chris, if then if its really too much, he tell's Chris again and then says I can't keep up, here's some money back until I feel comfortable and can do what we need to do. That's what a real man would do. Paul should man up and do what's right. End of rant.

turbo addict

Let's hope Paul responds to this thread, makes his case and gets his name back in this community.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Let's hope Paul responds to this thread, makes his case and gets his name back in this community.
    Even though his cals were reportedly awesome.... it's simply too late. He's damaged his reputation twice now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

Some drive to TX and hunt down Rob Maxon. Then someone drive to MI and find Paul. Like the pharaohs said in American Graffiti, "lets tie em to the car and drag em". Seriously, what is it with the calibration guys screwing people? Did both these miss school or church on the day the Golden Rule was discussed? I too had issues with Paul, but finally received my two cals after sending him a persuasive letter to light a fire under his a$$. Think he did a A+ job on the cals after writing that letter? NOT!!!! A full year had passed before cals were in my hands. Initially told me 2 weeks.

As long as I'm on an American Graffiti kick, both these guys really need a couple knuckle sandwiches. Maybe that will reboot their memories of what's right and what's wrong.

I also had situations with two other cal guys. Neither where fully resolved. One tried, I'll give him that. The other... well let just say I donated a ECU to him, but not out any ca$h. BTW-neither are current vendors.

Hope you get some resolve.

Todd

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

There is clear fact that this is a bad deal so action has been taken. He has been given the ability to make this right. His account has been modified so that he can only view the feedback section until this is resolved and he quits hiding. (we all know he has already viewed this thread)

Paul,
    As this is not the first episode, you will no longer be allowed to offer calibration services thru this website.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

turbo addict

Why anyone did business with the guy after the first disaster is beyond me.
    I would give people forgiveness, hey everyone can make mistakes. Maybe that is what happened with TU and Paul. He can make it right, give me my stuff back. I hope he does.

Hybrid booster

Johnny, I would otherwise agree with you about forgiveness, but there's a need for more attention in a situation like this, Frank has it right. an isolated situation is one thing...a repeat publicized on the board, another...something that cost one of the few vendors we have money to make right, and still leaves others short of square - it ends there. Frank is handling it right. being associated with or working for a vendor is a position of trust members need to be able to count on.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post
    Johnny, I would otherwise agree with you about forgiveness, but there's a need for more attention in a situation like this, Frank has it right. an isolated situation is one thing...a repeat publicized on the board, another...something that cost one of the few vendors we have money to make right, and still leaves others short of square - it ends there. Frank is handling it right. being associated with or working for a vendor is a position of trust members need to be able to count on.
    Well it was indeed only his second occurrence when it happened to Johnny. It just so happened to go hand in hand with what must have happened to Chris. However Chris didn't mention anything before this thread.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast