Thread: 87 LM with a DC intercooler kit?

turbo addict

87 LM with a DC intercooler kit?

ive got an 85 SC with the DC top mount kit. im wanting to swap the car to 87 LM so it would easier tune (perferably ostrich box). is this possible and still be able to keep t1 log setup? do i still have to have 2 injectors (2&4 i belive) richer then the other 2 because of the log manifold runners if i put +20s in? ANY IDEAS????????
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

Re: 87 LM with a DC intercooler kit?

Ya have to swap the distributor to an 86-up Turbo.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict

The DC kit had one LM for 85 g-head while the 86 cars received another calibration for the swirl head. Off the top of my head I seem to remember the 85 LM was P4452118 while the 86 was P4452120. These #'s were superseded to other #'s later on. You probably would want to use the 86 (120) calibration.
    Obviously, you can run either LM with a external map sensor using the extension kit, but it sounds like you want to run 87 electronics. Rob or someone should have the 86 DC cal. I just sold my 86 DC cal yesterday, otherwise you could have copied that one. Should be lots of them sitting around in peoples garages.
    Todd

turbo addict

already done the dist swap just didnt know if i could run 87 electronics with a t1 log motor
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you can do it but the 87 cal doesnt have the cyl difference scale stuff.

id just get injectors that are a little better flowing for the cylinders that get more air.

like run +40's in two of them and then run DSM injectors in the other two. dsm's blue top turbo injectors flow a little less, around 48lb/hr at 55psi.

or if you are feeling really crazy, cut the fuel rails in half, braze/weld on fittings and run 2 different fuel pressure regulators. one a little less pressure than the other.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

the intakes are a bit different do i really need the scale stuff?

turbo addict

head up on the mp lm's i have a 2.5l and tried to run 33# injectors and they downed it 9.5to1 AFR put the stock 2.2l 27#injectors and it was just prefect at 12to1 AFR.

PS i have 3 85 mp lm going up for sale soon and a complete Mp over the valve cover IC as well

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i dont really know how much the different intake effects the distribution.

they still dont really have much of a plenum so i bet that it still has some uneven flow.

the best way to determine would be to install 4 egt probes and see if two cyls are running hotter/leaner than the others.

you could also hook up a scanner and see if two cyls are knocking more.

you could also check the plugs too.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.