Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i think i might have found a dash plaque supplier

turbo addict

i think i might have found a dash plaque supplier

They're in Cali and have been in bussines since 1963. They did the Mopar stage badges for the Neon, who wants to bet me they did the dash plaques for the whittier cars.

http://www.acsco.net/inner/Emblemandbadge.shtml

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: i think i might have found a dash plaque supplier

Now can you track down the company in canada thats made all of chryslers weatherstripping for the past 30+ years ? That would be the holy grail for alot of us

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Now can you track down the company in canada thats made all of chryslers weatherstripping for the past 30+ years ? That would be the holy grail for alot of us
    What are you looking for? I sell NOS T-tops seals if you are looking for those....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rich tideswell View Post
    They're in Cali and have been in bussines since 1963. They did the Mopar stage badges for the Neon, who wants to bet me they did the dash plaques for the whittier cars.

Well I guess the first thing to ask them is if they hold a licensing agreement with Shelby.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Well I guess the first thing to ask them is if they hold a licensing agreement with Shelby.
    on their home page are pictures of shelby cobra badges... i'd say they have a liscence

I havent contacted them to make a run of the dash plaques but my guess is they'd want to repop enough to redo each serries again (maybe even enough for duplicates like the orginal order) to make it worth their while. i doubt they'll nickle and dime for "89 csx 275, 87 glhs 500, 88 csxt 989,....." and so on.

Hybrid booster

whadya find out?

turbo addict

I didn't find out anything, totally slipped my mind to contact them.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by rich tideswell View Post

If you look in their photo gallery under "Numbered & Specialty" you will see pictures of the Shelby Dakota and Shelby CSX badges that they used to make. Congrats, you found the company that made our badges.

turbo addict

got a link?

vote for stickie??????

Hybrid booster

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

looks like they already did a second run of csx-vnt plaques.

turbo addict

I called them. They are a distributor. They dont actually make them. They have to get the parts from shelby or wherever and sell them. They dont sell to the public either.

I guess you're the guy that called earlier that the receptionist told me about haha! I called too, and after pressing the issue some she took down my info and said what she could do, since I told her there's a large following for those particular cars that have these plaques (the 80s Shelbys in general) and told her many of the people who are restoring these are in need of them, as they came up missing from their cars since they were only 3M taped/glued. I kept pressing for answers on how we could get these, i.e. VIN# verification, pictures, whatever else, and eventually she said she'd pass my info along and a representative would be contacting me. Didn't expect that to happen, but I'll keep ya guys posted if I hear anything. She insisted they don't sell to the public, only to distributors. I asked how one would go about getting in contact with a distributor then and she told me that was confidential. We'll see what happens.

To the OP: Nice find, probably one of the biggest finds in recent history! Good work!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    I guess you're the guy that called earlier that the receptionist told me about haha! I called too, and after pressing the issue some she took down my info and said what she could do, since I told her there's a large following for those particular cars that have these plaques (the 80s Shelbys in general) and told her many of the people who are restoring these are in need of them, as they came up missing from their cars since they were only 3M taped/glued. I kept pressing for answers on how we could get these, i.e. VIN# verification, pictures, whatever else, and eventually she said she'd pass my info along and a representative would be contacting me. Didn't expect that to happen, but I'll keep ya guys posted if I hear anything. She insisted they don't sell to the public, only to distributors. I asked how one would go about getting in contact with a distributor then and she told me that was confidential. We'll see what happens.

To the OP: Nice find, probably one of the biggest finds in recent history! Good work!
    They didnt even want anything to do with me lol...very awesome, if this turns out to be something...it could be huge man.

They wanted off the phone since I was a common citizen, but in my opinion, if they're advertising it on the internet, which the public can access, then why wouldn't someone in the public have a right to it if they can prove they own the car it belongs to? It'd be money for them, which is what business is all about lol... I'll do my best to get some more info if I hear from them. If I don't, bet your dollar I'll call them back in a week or so and press them some more.

turbo addict

They wanted off the phone since I was a common citizen, but in my opinion, if they're advertising it on the internet, which the public can access, then why wouldn't someone in the public have a right to it if they can prove they own the car it belongs to? It'd be money for them, which is what business is all about lol... I'll do my best to get some more info if I hear from them. If I don't, bet your dollar I'll call them back in a week or so and press them some more.
    Well...I got that same treatment. I was like, well I found your number on your website, then oh, well we only sell to distributors. Then I was like 'I see where you previously had these in your gallery' and that about made the conversation shorter LOL. Since you got further with them, I leave the ball to you.

Mike

LOL, oh great! Me vs. a Big-time Supplier of custom made, very limited number badges and emblems. I'll do my best

In the worst case, we're in the same boat we're currently in - looking for other #'s to fill the gap on our dashes! haha

turbo addict

Oh...you got this.

Hey it cant hurt to try can it?

Heck no it don't hurt lol... I've dealt with tougher things before. All I know is that if Shelby still has some of his #'d Dodges around enjoying them then he (and Ford) should pay due respect and give these the props they deserve and their owners the help they need to bring them back to perfection. Again, keep ya all posted when I hear anything.

turbo addict

Oh boy, called me back, on the phone right now on hold awaiting the "head cheese" of the company!!!

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Well.... he didn't take my call. Ah! So close!

What he told the receptionist to tell me was that these cars are serialized and I would need to contact my local Shelby representative and put him in touch with this company. I'm going to email Barry Goodall right now and see if he wouldn't mind contacting this company when he has the chance since he is our "head hancho" haha! Either way, at least we got something going here guys! They wouldn't give me any further details except that the owner of the business will have to speak with a main official of ours essentially.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I've sent Barry an email to see if he's interested in joining in on this investigation as to what can be done! Sorry I could only get this far guys... not too bad for two phone calls though
    That quickly makes me think that they want to try to get rid of us with the serialization deal. We wont go down that quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast