Thread: Omni Windshield

boostaholic

Omni Windshield

I decided to make the offer for one more week.
    I am offering a brand new OEM quality windshield for $100 installed.
    The only catch is you have to come to me or be in our coverage area of SC.
    I will also ship it to you for the same price plus shipping but it wouldnt be cheap to ship.
    Also, I am willing to transfer it to other TM'ers from person to person until it makes it to you.
    These are no longer made and whatever is out there is all thats left. Most of those are Chinese too.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Omni Windshield

So none of the quality manufacturers are making 4 door L body glass? I've been known to buy parts for cars I don't even have (yet) I've been negotiating with a guy for an 86 S for like 3+ years now. He's in no hurry to sell his 20K mile creampuff...

BTW When it comes to glass, who's good and who's cheap Chinese crap?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

i wish i wasn't so far a way. i would take it. washington state

boostaholic

Thats a loooooong drive! Washington is one state I have never seen but want to. I dont think I'd mobile there for a windshield install though.

Hybrid booster

will if you make it, stop on by

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    So none of the quality manufacturers are making 4 door L body glass? I've been known to buy parts for cars I don't even have (yet) I've been negotiating with a guy for an 86 S for like 3+ years now. He's in no hurry to sell his 20K mile creampuff...

BTW When it comes to glass, who's good and who's cheap Chinese crap?
    The last ones made were ALL Chinese. In fact the market is flooded with the junk right now. Most of the remaining OEM stuff is actually warehoused in your area. A company called Mygrant Glass has alot of it but they are a wholesaler only. The thing is to find someone good to install it. Thats the bad about your area is there are ALOT of real bad shops. When you are ready, I can try to find you a good shop if you want. I will post some pics later of an install I did yesterday on a 04 T&C. I did that one and a 70 Cutlass Vert for the same guy. The T&C had more rust than the old car from a bad install. In fact it was so rusty I had to do rust repair on site for it before I could install the glass.

Hybrid booster

ive been trying to find the lock strip on my back window for my 84 dodge omni. the moulding on the back window is a 2 peice. have any ideas where i might look. tried the 2 glass shops in town. no luck

boostaholic

I'll look for a basket for ya. You may want to replace it with the one piece gasket.

Hybrid booster

is it very hard to do . i have a one peice on a 90 omni. just painted the 84 omni really dont want to mess things up

boostaholic

Nope, Very easy. The one piece is a rope in I believe. If you decide to do it let me know.

boostaholic

Offering it up once more!!

boostaholic

Sold pending funds.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    Sold pending funds.
    If It Falls Through I have been looking For AN OEM Windshield for a bought 5 years Now I Have a GLH with 38K No rust but cracked Windshield. But As usual A Day Late and a dollar Short Well Got the Dollar this time Still Late.

David H.
    Lost In Akron Ohio

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 66auto-xcharger View Post
    If It Falls Through I have been looking For AN OEM Windshield for a bought 5 years Now I Have a GLH with 38K No rust but cracked Windshield. But As usual A Day Late and a dollar Short Well Got the Dollar this time Still Late.

David H.
    Lost In Akron Ohio

I think we need proof David What color is this low mile GLH? Pics? Heck, I'd even like to see the Auto-X Charger If you are nice to ClockTower he could find you an omni windshield, he's in the glass business.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Yes I can get you another I think. Hold on let me make a call. Ok, Here it is...
    Chinese FYG $110
    Unknown brand $136
    Mopar $155
    All plus shipping....
    If you live near their warehouse I can have you just pick it up. To crate and ship a windshield can be expensive. It can run around $100-150.
    The Mopar glass is located in Miami, Phoenix and SoCal.
    The Chinese stuff will fit but its not the best. I travel between SC and NETN alot and could deliver to those areas.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

My supplier just called me back on the unknown brand stuff. She said its coming up AMG but said it could be a PPG or Pilkington or it could be a Safelite. She would have to get them to go in the warehouse and look at it. It will be a better quality than FYG though.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I think we need proof David What color is this low mile GLH? Pics? Heck, I'd even like to see the Auto-X Charger If you are nice to ClockTower he could find you an omni windshield, he's in the glass business.
    to see PIC you can go to http://www.turbododge.com/forums/all...er=desc&page=2
    or http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ga...vehicle&id=591
    This Summer I will get Better PIC of the GLH

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    Yes I can get you another I think. Hold on let me make a call. Ok, Here it is...
    Chinese FYG $110
    Unknown brand $136
    Mopar $155
    All plus shipping....
    If you live near their warehouse I can have you just pick it up. To crate and ship a windshield can be expensive. It can run around $100-150.
    The Mopar glass is located in Miami, Phoenix and SoCal.
    The Chinese stuff will fit but its not the best. I travel between SC and NETN alot and could deliver to those areas.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

My supplier just called me back on the unknown brand stuff. She said its coming up AMG but said it could be a PPG or Pilkington or it could be a Safelite. She would have to get them to go in the warehouse and look at it. It will be a better quality than FYG though.
    Mopar is what I am looking for I will PM you Saturday Befor I go to work {4Pm - 8 ? 12 ? 4 AM Could BE A LONG day}