Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Re: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Are you using the camber plates and if so did you center those vsm centering on the hole? My Lancer ones are not centered, but the caster adjustment is the reason.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Finally got around to working on a guide tool. I went to take some measurements of the strut tower and noticed that my strut tower is not concentric to the cutout in the strut tower. The stock strut tower hole is about 2.25” diameter. I want to enlarge the holes to 4”. Here a couple of pics,

I am not sure if my strut tower needs to be rewelded or the holes just aren’t centered. I took a look at the drawing for the current strut tower I built and the strut stud holes are concentric. Not sure what’s going on here.
    Side note: the hole in the center of my strut brace plates are 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, even though the strut hats will bolt in regardless of orientation, there *is* a "correct" orientation for them. Try dropping the strut out of the tower a bit and spin the hat around until the capture nut is centered in the tower.

boostaholic

What I am more interested here is if the strut tower "ring plate" should be concentric with the hole in the strut tower? When Rich sent out the template for drilling out the shock tower was that template centered on the strut hole. I am not sure if I should remake my strut brace rings, I do know that the 3 fasteners for the strut mount lie within a base circle. In the drivers mount pic you can see how far offset the ring is from the hole in the strut tower.

turbo addict

to me it looks like one of the mounts was drilled in the wrong location but maybe it's just the pics. The left looks more off compared to the right.

boostaholic

The rings were CNC machined and identical, so I have to take a closer look tonight.

turbo addict

re january 2021 I want to ask if the pricing is still current

looking at er/br , L body kit .. thinking late spring time early summer / can afford ... (?)

and I don't want to waste half the cost on mediocre parts just to be able to drive it a little as I work on it

also if someone knows the # rating for the stock shelby charger / no a/c and with a/c .. I need to know to match up the replacement spring .. or at least know where same as , is , on the listed spring rates

adding a large intercooler and heavier manifolds etc I can see the a/c spring rate being the better idea to start with
    Last edited by Dr. Johny Dodge; 01-15-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    re january 2021 I want to ask if the pricing is still current

looking at er/br , L body kit .. thinking late spring time early summer / can afford ... (?)

and I don't want to waste half the cost on mediocre parts just to be able to drive it a little as I work on it

also if someone knows the # rating for the stock shelby charger / no a/c and with a/c .. I need to know to match up the replacement spring .. or at least know where same as , is , on the listed spring rates

adding a large intercooler and heavier manifolds etc I can see the a/c spring rate being the better idea to start with
    I think the prices went up by $50 on the ER kit from BC for the full kit but I can honor the price on the webpage.

From Mopar 2.2/FWD speed secrets & racing modifications for Chrysler FWD cars book.

Front Springs:

85lb.in. standard
    120lb.in.heavy duty and firm feel,
    145 lb.in. Shelby
    180 lb. in. MP Autocross and Rallying.

Rear Springs:

90 lb.in. standard
    110 lb.in. HD
    135 lb.in. Shelby
    145 lb.in. MP Autocross and Rallying.

-Rich

Just an FYI, if you are driving your car daily, the softest springs are fine. Rich can verify, maybe I got stiffer ones and don't remember, but I thought I got the softest and then turn them up when I take the car to the track. Regardless, there is a lot of adjustment and unless you are tracking your car, softer is better (in my opinion).
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

thanks Rich !
    ..I past my speed secrets book on to a friend .. so don't have one
    50 odd bucks isn't going to be an issue .. figured there would be a bump up anywho.

I already have the 92-93 knuckles and big r/t brakes and , for later , a nice clean duel pivot K frame & arms

and thanks for the heads up .. as good as stock is good enough for now ..I have a lot more to do before I worry about it being a track car though that's the objective as there's a really nice road course called Mosport about 40 min up the highway ...

and yeah lighter sounds right .. I had two 86 turbo z's , exactly the same gun metal blue . silver interior cars .. one had manual mirrors and no rear wiper the second car had power mirrors and rear wiper .. both had a/c

the first car drove much better it was lighter feeling and much more "nimble" feeling than the second car..
    always figured "base power group" probably meant a front spring change to accommodate things like the 72 pound 16 way driver's seat etc ..
    -yeah I weighed mine ,after carting it 1/2 a mile outta the pick a part "farm yard"..

when I did the shelby suspension on my turismo YEARS ago I had really good o-e rear shocks & springs .. they were stiff as heck .. much like pushing down on a v8 dart trunk that had re arched springs .. and man did it turn right good at 50-ish...
    Last edited by Dr. Johny Dodge; 01-15-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Garrett booster

Still available?

Quote Originally Posted by gkcooper View Post
    Still available?
    Yes they are.

The webpage is still active for ordering.

Thanks,

Rich

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Yes they are.

The webpage is still active for ordering.

Thanks,

Rich
    Is the email?.....
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Is the email?.....
    Yes I still have the same email.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Ok, awaiting a response
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Ok, awaiting a response
    I think I responded, if not in your spam folder forward it to me again to make sure it isn't in mine.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
    thanks Rich !
    ..I past my speed secrets book on to a friend .. so don't have one
    I still have the one you loaned me, I found my original copy so next time we meet I can return your copy...
    Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I think the prices went up by $50 on the ER kit from BC for the full kit but I can honor the price on the webpage.

From Mopar 2.2/FWD speed secrets & racing modifications for Chrysler FWD cars book.

Front Springs:

85lb.in. standard
    120lb.in.heavy duty and firm feel,
    145 lb.in. Shelby
    180 lb. in. MP Autocross and Rallying.

Rear Springs:

90 lb.in. standard
    110 lb.in. HD
    135 lb.in. Shelby
    145 lb.in. MP Autocross and Rallying.

-Rich
    Rich,

It's been a long time since I was active here, but I'm looking to replace the rear springs on my Laser. You had previously sold me the beehive type, for my Daytona, but I now need something lighter for the Laser. I'm thinking 110 lb/in would be good, since it's for street. Do you still sell them, or can you point me to where I can get them?

Bump!

Just a heads up that BC is removing some support for swapping lower mounts on April 1st.

This means that Some kits may require purchase of lower mounts separeately after that point which would cost an additional $50 per corner.

For the fronts we can use spacers to adapt to SRT4 lower mounts (which is what all ER customers have done in the past) but this is an unfortunate development.

If anyone is thinking of ordering a kit in the near future I suggest doing it in the next 2 days...

I will be travelling so I can't guarantee that I will be able to get a last minute order in on time.

-Rich

Just wanted to give a quick update.

I have worked with BC over the past couple of months and we were able to work out options for the Gbody and Lbody kits so that costs aren't increased.
    There were some delays on past orders which were unfortunately but this is now resolved and things are shipping again.

I also made a run of camber/caster plates for both cars. They are now a 2 piece design to keep costs down but work exactly the same way they did in the past.

The top piece has a larger cutout on the adjuster bolt slots so it makes the combined plate work like the original CNC plates that had pockets cut in them so bolts could slide in them below the strut tower tops.
    They are then sandwiched and held together by flat top stainless hardware.

Both pieces are fully anodized separately so there are no corrosion concerns.

The CNC prices were getting out of control and there were additional issues where I would sometimes have a different number of left and right plates (SMH machine shops... don't ask). This way the pieces start out symmetric before the flat top stainless screws are added so it helps a lot with costs an inventory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new 2 piece camber caster plates.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	66347

-Rich