Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Re: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Rich, I'm in for a set of P body style. Do I send the $100 deposit to your Paypal? Is this deposit linked on your site?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Rich, I'm in for a set of P body style. Do I send the $100 deposit to your Paypal? Is this deposit linked on your site?
    Deposits are no longer required for these kits. You can order them whenever you are ready from the page linked in my signature.

The only thing I don't have ready to ship is another set of the rear spring height adjusters. I have the parts to make them ordered and I am waiting on feedback from the prototypes before making more.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Deposits are no longer required for these kits. You can order them whenever you are ready from the page linked in my signature.

The only thing I don't have ready to ship is another set of the rear spring height adjusters. I have the parts to make them ordered and I am waiting on feedback from the prototypes before making more.

-Rich
    Good deal. As soon as these are ready, I'll be buying a set.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

GJKHPA body Rear coilover spring prototype picture

All,

Here is a picture from Jeremy (iTurbo) showing the prototype height adjuster with the BC rear barrel shaped spring and the polybushings.com top bushing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GJKHPA Rear adjusters with springs and bushings.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	35491

Hopefully he can get it installed shortly to check the angles and lengths. After that I should be able to make a batch of them.

-Rich

Re: GJKHPA body Rear coilover spring prototype picture

All,

Here is a picture from Jeremy (iTurbo) showing the prototype height adjuster with the BC rear barrel shaped spring and the polybushings.com top bushing.

Name:	GJKHPA Rear adjusters with springs and bushings.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	35491

Hopefully he can get it installed shortly to check the angles and lengths. After that I should be able to make a batch of them.

-Rich
    Perfect, just in time for Christmas. I shall be treating myself good this year.

turbo addict

Are those springs available in different rates? Are the adapters and such compatible with other types of springs (ie. Eibach coil-over type, ect.)?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I hope to have time this weekend to try them out, but it looks like the weather is going to be pretty crappy. High/Low temp Saturday is 28'/7'F and only a little warmer on Sunday. I DID have a shop to pull the car in, but my brother brought home a 1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon and it is now taking up all the room in the shop!

I will of course be installing the QA1 shocks as well. I plan to install all of this on my '87 Shelby CSX, but since it's in a bajillion pieces right now, I'm going to do the install/pics using my '87 Shelby Lancer instead. It is mechanically identical so it shouldn't matter. That car has been running around since ~'04 with Eibach ProKit spring set and KYB GAJ shocks (yay!) and KYB GR2 struts (barf).

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Are those springs available in different rates? Are the adapters and such compatible with other types of springs (ie. Eibach coil-over type, ect.)?
    Yes you can get the springs in 4k, 5k, 6k, 8k and possibly higher.

The adjusters are for a 2.5" spring so you can run whatever 2.5" spring you want. I happen to like the barrel springs for the rear because they give some extra room for the coil sleeve given that the angle of the spring will change as the rear axle moves. The barrel gives more room so that the spring doesn't hit the sleeve if the spring isn't perfectly parallel with the sleeve through the entire compression range.

I will probably have to setup another ordering button for just the rear adjusters if people want them without the rest of the BC setup so just send me a PM if you want that.

-Rich

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I hope to have time this weekend to try them out, but it looks like the weather is going to be pretty crappy. High/Low temp Saturday is 28'/7'F and only a little warmer on Sunday. I DID have a shop to pull the car in, but my brother brought home a 1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon and it is now taking up all the room in the shop!

I will of course be installing the QA1 shocks as well. I plan to install all of this on my '87 Shelby CSX, but since it's in a bajillion pieces right now, I'm going to do the install/pics using my '87 Shelby Lancer instead. It is mechanically identical so it shouldn't matter. That car has been running around since ~'04 with Eibach ProKit spring set and KYB GAJ shocks (yay!) and KYB GR2 struts (barf).
    Once you get them installed you will just have to buy a second set for the CSX instead of taking them back off from the Lancer.
    I think the only real difference is the weight of the Lancer. The lancer might need 7k/5k spring rates to feel the same as the CSX with 6k/4k.

Good luck with the install, I am sure people would love to hear your feedback and handling impressions of the fully installed setup.

-Rich

Garrett booster

Whoa, want some! Is this compatible with stock bushings and stock springs? Well I have PB bushings and eibach springs.

Quote Originally Posted by eski View Post
    Whoa, want some! Is this compatible with stock bushings and stock springs? Well I have PB bushings and eibach springs.
    Rich's rear spring adjusters won't work with stock springs or the Eibach ProKit for our cars. Those springs are larger diameter and designed to sit in the spring pad that is integrated into the rear axle. Rich's adjusters bolt to the top/center of the original spring mounting pad. The top polyurethane spring seats that Johnny @ polybushings.com works on the topside of the new BC spring (like stock), but there is no need for the bottom poly seat because nothing will sit there anymore.

I was hoping to do at least some of the install today but the high temp is 13'F and I had to spend about three hours this morning with the snow blower clearing all the sidewalks.

OK, I got some test fitting done. I haven't installed anything on an actual car yet, as I wanted to do some test fitting first and get a little more comfortable with the process. Thankfully it went very smooth with only a 1/2" hole drilled into the center of each rear spring pad. I also used a 1/4" drill bit to put two small divots just below the 1/2" hole for the set screws that will be used to keep the spring adjuster from rotating once installed. The rear axle assembly in the pics is from an '87 Shelby Lancer.

Attachment 35673 Attachment 35674 Attachment 35675 Attachment 35676 Attachment 35677 Attachment 35678 Attachment 35679 Attachment 35680 Attachment 35681

Alright some of these next pics might seem a little redundant, but about 1/2 through taking pics of the adjusters in in my previous post I realized I should bolt on the QA1 shocks and get some pics of those on there as well!

Attachment 35682 Attachment 35683 Attachment 35684 Attachment 35685 Attachment 35686 Attachment 35687 Attachment 35688 Attachment 35689 Attachment 35690 Attachment 35691 Attachment 35692 Attachment 35693 Attachment 35694

The only trouble I have had so far is that it can be tricky finding dead center of the spring pad. I used about four drill bits total to step up the diameter until I got to 1/2". The top surface of the spring pad is actually slightly concave, so it is easier to drill from the top. Unfortunately if you were to do this install on the car you would most likely have to drill from the bottom which is a bit convex and harder to drill dead center. I'll have more info once I try to install these on my '87 Shelby Lancer #127.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

does the l-body kit come complete with camber plates? how much? availability?
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    does the l-body kit come complete with camber plates? how much? availability?
    Carroll,

The prices are all on my webpage.

The full lbody Kit does come with camber plates and adapters that make them fit the cars.

Currently the full lbody kit is $1375 and is in stock. The BC components drop ship from them and may take a 2-3 weeks to arrive from the time they are ordered. The components that ship from me will be 3-4 day turnaround.

It also requires a bushing kit from polybushings for the rear but it is $30 or less direct from Johnny,

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Alright some of these next pics might seem a little redundant, but about 1/2 through taking pics of the adjusters in in my previous post I realized I should bolt on the QA1 shocks and get some pics of those on there as well!

pics.....

The only trouble I have had so far is that it can be tricky finding dead center of the spring pad. I used about four drill bits total to step up the diameter until I got to 1/2". The top surface of the spring pad is actually slightly concave, so it is easier to drill from the top. Unfortunately if you were to do this install on the car you would most likely have to drill from the bottom which is a bit convex and harder to drill dead center. I'll have more info once I try to install these on my '87 Shelby Lancer #127.
    Man that looks so killer, thanks for taking the time to do this Jeremy!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Carroll,

The prices are all on my webpage.

The full lbody Kit does come with camber plates and adapters that make them fit the cars.

Currently the full lbody kit is $1375 and is in stock. The BC components drop ship from them and may take a 2-3 weeks to arrive from the time they are ordered. The components that ship from me will be 3-4 day turnaround.

It also requires a bushing kit from polybushings for the rear but it is $30 or less direct from Johnny,

-Rich
    Thanks! Need to address my suspension over the winter, trying to figure the best route to go.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

I finished installing the rear GJKHPA spring/adjuster setup on my 87 CSX this week.

Here's a pic of what it looks like installed (I guess it's time to rewrap the exhaust pipe again):

And how much ride height adjustment there is (lowest setting to highest):

So far I'm VERY happy with the setup, I have more than enough ride height adjustability (both front and rear) for my needs.

Thanks Rich!
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Very impressive. Thanks for taking the time for photos and a write up Warren.

Thanks Warren, You have been a great customer throughout the process!

The springs worked out perfectly on the prototypes but the angles of the sleeve had to be tweaked to get what you see in Warren's pictures. Warren was a huge help and great to work with.

The barrel springs give some extra room around the adjuster sleeve which is very important given the way the angles change throughout the range of motion on the GJKHPA cars.

Based on Warren's work and feedback the rear adjuster design is now complete and I just have to make more of them.

Note: Warren removed the bump stop tower completely and put a polybushings spring isolator on the nub that is under the tower.

The bump stops are now on the shocks. IMO this gives a much cleaner overall setup and avoids the need to modify the stock bumpstop tower with a shorter bumpstop and possible interference between the tower and adjuster.

If anyone is ready to order the GJKHPA setup send me a PM.

-Rich

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Here's a pic of the car as I have the suspension height set currently:

Name:	CSXFinalRideHeight.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	37216

The rears could go down another 1 1/2" and the fronts can go down at least 2" more, but fender clearance is the limiting factor (no hellaflush for me).

I am VERY happy with the car's new stance...and it rides much better than I had expected. Now to get it aligned and start tweaking the dampers to get the handling perfect.

I'll be putting together a "how-to" for installing this setup soon.
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast