Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Hybrid booster

Re: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

i need to sit down and spend a few hours reading this entire thread.....horizon suspension is coming up soon

Garrett booster

+1 ^ . I remember this thread from a while ago, but am totally lost now... Was anything made already for a G body Daytona? Or is being made?

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midniteracer1 View Post
    +1 ^ . I remember this thread from a while ago, but am totally lost now... Was anything made already for a G body Daytona? Or is being made?
    The BR front setup is ready to go for the daytona and I have rear height adjusters in stock. The remaining component that I am trying to get from BC is the rear shock. I think I am close but I haven't been able to reach the tech guy working on it this week. I am also working on the ER setup for the daytona which is better but more expensive...

The lbody setup is ready to go in both BR and ER.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Amy update on the g-body kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie Fisher View Post
    Amy update on the g-body kit?
    It is being test fitted by 2 customers but is basically ready to go.

I now have a complete setup for the GJKHPA body cars with BC shocks and struts all the way around.

-Rich

We had to cut down the width of the rear mount to get them to fit. The adjustment for height may be a tad less than desired, but we haven't installed and set the car down yet. I don't think that will be a problem though. The units are crazy nice and I would recommend them for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141227_235129.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	52488 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141227_235123.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	52489 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141227_235116.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	52490
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

sorry i've been offline for a bit and out of touch with the thread but i'm understanding that we now don't have to go the QA1 route anymore for P bodies? not that i'm complaining, i love the ride i get from the car but to stay all one product is something i like
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    sorry i've been offline for a bit and out of touch with the thread but i'm understanding that we now don't have to go the QA1 route anymore for P bodies? not that i'm complaining, i love the ride i get from the car but to stay all one product is something i like
    Yes I now offer a rear BC shock for the GJKHPA body cars.

The first two customers are test fitting them. Hopefully we will have some more pictures soon and we won't need to make any adjustments.

-Rich

This is the video for the installation. There is a section where we did the modification.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1066317

This is the link to the post to show the pics of the finished product. This was for a Lancer. Literally used a hack saw to cut it down and left MAYBE a 1/16" on either side of the eyelet or whatever you call it. I feel if they either sized it from existing stock or just cut it down prior to build, they could insert this bushing no problem from the factory. Size we measured was 41mm in total width for the bushing.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1065978

But it fit great after the cut and they ride fine, no issues.
    Last edited by minigts; 01-26-2015 at 12:08 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    This is the video for the installation. There is a section where we did the modification.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1066317

This is the link to the post to show the pics of the finished product. This was for a Lancer. Literally used a hack saw to cut it down and left MAYBE a 1/16" on either side of the eyelet or whatever you call it. I feel if they either sized it from existing stock or just cut it down prior to build, they could insert this bushing no problem from the factory. Size we measured was 41mm in total width for the bushing.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1065978

But it fit great after the cut and they ride fine, no issues.
    Jon,

Thanks for the video!

I also showed this to BC and will try to get a shorter bushing for the tops in the future. I can't guarantee that they will change them given that I am already basically doing Frankenstein mix and matching with components of their inventory. We have to thank the stance crowd in this case as they do this so much that they opened the door for us to do it.

Just a couple of notes on the video (including BC's feedback to me on it):

The full stiff setting should only be for testing. The shocks and struts should be backed off a couple of clicks from full stiff when in use. IIRC Koni also recommends against running the their struts at 100% firm.

As the rear height is changed on the GJKHPA cars with the ride height adjusters the rear shocks should also be adjusted. The goal is to have the shock travel centered such that the bound and rebound are even at a given ride height.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Jon,

Thanks for the video!

I also showed this to BC and will try to get a shorter bushing for the tops in the future. I can't guarantee that they will change them given that I am already basically doing Frankenstein mix and matching with components of their inventory. We have to thank the stance crowd in this case as they do this so much that they opened the door for us to do it.

Just a couple of notes on the video (including BC's feedback to me on it):

The full stiff setting should only be for testing. The shocks and struts should be backed off a couple of clicks from full stiff when in use. IIRC Koni also recommends against running the their struts at 100% firm.

As the rear height is changed on the GJKHPA cars with the ride height adjusters the rear shocks should also be adjusted. The goal is to have the shock travel centered such that the bound and rebound are even at a given ride height.

-Rich
    Rich in response to your comments, what is the best way to calculate the height setting for the shock vs. the ride height adjuster? Should the shock be compressed some at rest while the car is jacked or set to the exact length/spacing between the lower mount and the upper mount? Is there a way to calculate this or a best way to set this? Does the paperwork that came with kit that I inevitably threw away have that info on it?

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Rich in response to your comments, what is the best way to calculate the height setting for the shock vs. the ride height adjuster? Should the shock be compressed some at rest while the car is jacked or set to the exact length/spacing between the lower mount and the upper mount? Is there a way to calculate this or a best way to set this? Does the paperwork that came with kit that I inevitably threw away have that info on it?
    I believe the shock should be more or less centered statically with the car on the ground. If it has 5" of travel then it should be compressed by 2.5" at rest with the car on the ground. That way it can extend 2.5" or compress 2.5" as you go over bumps.

The fronts should be similar where they compress down the mid point of travel by the weight of the car.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Just ordered a set for my csx-t , If I remember i will take pics as I go ahead with the install

Hybrid booster

Rich, did you happen to get my email? Just checking on shipping times or tracking number if you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    Rich, did you happen to get my email? Just checking on shipping times or tracking number if you have them.
    Sorry I thought I replied. I will call BC tomorrow to see what the status is.

I was out of the country for a week so my time and phone/internet access were limited along with a bad timezone shift when trying to contact people. (

I am back now and catching back up.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

they came in today . Looks like some of the parts are marked "Mazda 3/ Mazda 5 H.L.K." the front shocks "94 Neon" and the rears marked "E46" . Very interesting, I can't wait til the humidity outside dies down a little so i can start the install. Pics when that happens.

Hybrid booster

I just installed mine yesterday in an L body. Now I need to see what kind of alignment they can get for me.

Here is mine, just got them installed a couple days ago. Needs an alignment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150615_182444.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	55221

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    they came in today . Looks like some of the parts are marked "Mazda 3/ Mazda 5 H.L.K." the front shocks "94 Neon" and the rears marked "E46" . Very interesting, I can't wait til the humidity outside dies down a little so i can start the install. Pics when that happens.
    When I adjust the lengths to be longer they probably grab the first cartridge that matches the requested lengths. The bottom rear mount is a BMW part hence the E46.

-Rich

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Just as an FYI I just got off the phone with BC and they stated that the minimum thread engagement on the body of the strut where it attaches to the knuckle is 80mm.
    That's about 3 5/32". I'll be setting the car to this height with the late knuckles and spacers to show what that looks like. I'm thinking that there is no way it'll be able to thread in that far and still be OK control arm wise and ride height wise.