Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Official BC Coilover Kit Development Interest.

If they come through with production I think you'll have a winner Rich. Nice work.

Hybrid booster

looks pretty sweet! on an unrelated note im currently waiting on a set of bcs for the gto ive heard nothing but good things about them

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

is this group buy gonna happen? Ive been patiently waiting =)

boostaholic

and....subscribe.......

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    is this group buy gonna happen? Ive been patiently waiting =)
    I understand.

They haven't informed me about a decision. I will call this week and figure it out one way or another.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

I am interested in this group buy, if it isn't too late. I have a Daytona C/S.

Rich,
    any updates? Have you made a descision about the group buy? What about the rampage stuff....anything new on that end?

Badger.......

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

My wife will kill me, but I'll do it if it comes to light.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Rich,
    any updates? Have you made a descision about the group buy? What about the rampage stuff....anything new on that end?

Badger.......

They said they hadn't decided yet last week. It really isn't my decision now so we just have to wait and see.

Nothing new on the Rampage. That suspension is a lot of work and doesn't lead to very easy modification so it will just be a while.

If you want to stick with the leaf springs then I can do something for just the shocks but otherwise gettting away from the leafs will take a lot of R&D (probably on Vic's Rampage).

-Rich

Rich,
    Id rather ditch the leafs if at all possible. I know you and Vic will come up with something really sick.......but its so hard to be patient =) As far as the group buy goes if it happens, you KNOW Im in!!

Well I don't have an answer yet on the kits yet but their business is slowing down so they should have more time for new development now.

I am now an official vendor so I can sell any of their existing kits though...

If anyone needs a coilover kit for their 1G Neon, SRT4, SRT8, etc let me know.

-Rich

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

That's great Rich, I'll come to you for the kit for my Magnum then! I'd guess it's the standard pricing?
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    That's great Rich, I'll come to you for the kit for my Magnum then! I'd guess it's the standard pricing?
    Yea the prices are basically fixed...

Most sets including the Charger SRT-8 are $1000 a set shipped. I can also do front half kits but there is an extra $75 handling charge and a 2-3 week delay when doing that.

I just get a slice of the profit and pay them the wholesale rate and deal with all of the taxes, paypal fees, etc.

PM me when you are ready and we can arrange payment. I will work on getting a paypal page setup. A Money order is actually better considering the cut paypal would take on $1000 but we can figure it out.

-Rich

Rich I got a question. If I were to get a set of srt4 knuckles and a set of the bc coilovers for an srt4 to put on my rampage. What are my options for a camber plate/strut bearing plate?
    Is it possible to adapt the srt camber plate to work in the lbody? Or is it as simple as drilling a couple new holes in the strut towers?
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    Rich I got a question. If I were to get a set of srt4 knuckles and a set of the bc coilovers for an srt4 to put on my rampage. What are my options for a camber plate/strut bearing plate?
    Is it possible to adapt the srt camber plate to work in the lbody? Or is it as simple as drilling a couple new holes in the strut towers?
    The top plate that comes with the SRT4 kit can work but it only has camber adjustment. It is also too narrow to add extra bolts to the top of the strut tower.

In order to fix this I made a custom plate that you can see in the above pictures (the bare aluminum part). That plate is based on components from the SRT4 camber plates and simply replaces the one that comes from BC. I made it in the same exact footprint as my custom camber plates so it fits the charger perfectly. I can do the same ting with a non lbody but it would require either cutting the tower or making a more expensive plate where the bolt heads are recessed (also discussed above).

If you use SRT4 spindles I can provide my top plates for an extra $75. and the reinforcing plates I will throw in cheap for $25.

The SRT4 spindle will work pretty well. In stock form the brake calipers are 58mm so they are a little smaller than the RT brakes but you can upgrade them to a willwood kit or even run dual piston calipers from the non SRT V8 300c with them (they bolt on).

So basically you are looking at another $100 right now for the extras to adapt the SRT4 kit into what I have. The only difference is that I used a 1G neon spindle mount so that I could run the 91+ 11" brakes without any spacers or modifications to the strut or spindles.

The other option is that I can make some spacers to put on each side of the 91+ spindle so that they fit in the SRT4 strut. I am happy to have them made because it would help my brake pad sales.

I am avoiding doing this stuff until I hear back from BC and whether they would include it all for free with a kit or not. I just don't want to charge someone $120 more for parts that I make if BC will end up making them for free....

I can also get inverted and external reservoir versions of the struts if someone wants the best of the best but they cost more... I am pretty sure they are $125 more for the inverted and $425 more for the External Reservoir (but i have to confirm that with BC).

-Rich

The plan was to use the 12.2" 4 piston wilwood kit with the srt knuckles.

The inverted struts would probably be really cool and help get rid of some unsprung weight.
    you can't polish a turd! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/COLOR]13.67@100.11

Quote Originally Posted by 4cefedomni View Post
    The plan was to use the 12.2" 4 piston wilwood kit with the srt knuckles.

The inverted struts would probably be really cool and help get rid of some unsprung weight.
    They remove some weight but from what I understand the design tends to be more prone to failure.

If you want to run the willwoods then I would suggest the SRT4 spindles. I suggest contacting Todd @ TCE about the kit. I have thought about creating a willwood kit for our spindles with Todd (he is a local Phoenix guy) but it is just another thing on the back burner.

Anyway when you are ready just let me know and I can the SRT4 half kit for you right away. Then you just have to figure out something for the rear of the rampage....

-Rich

I don't think I'll have time before SDAC but I want to build a tube rear subframe for dual control arms and use coilover shocks off a motorcycle. The ones on my pitbike are compression and rebound adjustable as well as preload on the spring and they have 1000lb/in springs on them. So I'll probably have to design a bit of a cantilever into thier mount to so they arent too stiff. But they are only 11" to the centers of the bushings so they should be easier to fit under the rampage rear end.

If anyone needs BC coilovers for their Neon, SRT4, SRT8, etc I am now setup to sell them:

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/bc_coilovers.htm

For people that want BC fronts ASAP and are willing to pay for a kit to adapt them to SRT4 fronts I can also do that. They are an extra $75 to do the half kit (handling fee from BC) and an extra $100 for the top plates that fit our cars. I currently have a couple of lbody top plates and can make the non lbody plates.

Keep in mind that if they approve the full kits the adapter kits would no longer be needed (so some money would be wasted) so only get them if you either can't wait don't mind the extra cost.

Running SRT4 front spindles is an option right now aswell but that also means that it is a half kit (with the extra $75 charge) that requires the adapter plates ($100) and I don't have the rears ready yet so if/when they come they would also be a rear half kit (another $75 charge).

So I would still suggest waiting to see what happens for another couple of weeks but I wanted to give everyone the current options and status...

-Rich

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

thats some good news! i'll be waiting for the approval - ER series FTW

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast