Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running TM: TN, KY, MO, MS, SC, GA, AL, FL

Hybrid booster

running TM: TN, KY, MO, MS, SC, GA, AL, FL

looking to spend $1000 or so on a running southern TM or just needing minor repair, i'm looking to drive it home, not towing this time.

looking for any 89+ shadow or shelby, shelby lancer or lancer shelby, turbo van or 87+ daytona, not looking for any other types or years.

Re: running TM: TN, KY, MO, MS, SC, GA, AL, FL

Not to hijack or anything ... but ..... what he said. LOL

Only I'm open to other models and years.

Good luck finding your car man.

Mitsu booster

I have a 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z for sale.

I was asking $2000, but at this point I'll accept any reasonable offer.

The car is 100% RUST FREE. The paint is OK on the body, but faded on the hood, roof, and front bumper cover. Small crack on the front bumper cover.

Its a true T2 car. Has a garrett turbo, A-555 trans, stock intercooler and radiator, and a 3" catback exhaust that sounds great! Also has the upgraded shelby suspension with larger front and rear sway bars and 4 wheel disc brakes. Original motor was replaced with a 2.5L after the owner blew up the 2.2L. I have the original block and miscellaneous parts.

GOOD:
    The car runs, drives, and shifts great for a 22 year old car! Has a new timing belt and new engine/cam seals. New intercooler pipes and 1G DSM BOV! Good tires all around, one is a bit more worn than the other though. I have new front swaybar and control arm bushings that will most likely be installes. It was my daily driver until I got my shelby charger back about a month ago, since then it has just been sitting in my driveway. The car spools up and boosts great, currently set to wastegate boost. Has absolutely no rust anywhere in the body except for a spot on the hood. Has a 3" catback exhaust and magnaflow muffler that sounds very good. Comes with a custom silicone 3" Cold Air intake. I also ordered and installed a custom Shelgame socketed SMEC which makes the car run very well, idles and drives great!

BAD:
    Normal wear and tear in the interior. Interior is actually good for its age, but there is a tear in the drivers seat bolster and the headliner could be redone and carpet cleaned. There are no cracks in the dash what so ever. The gauge cluster works except for the odometer which I havent looked into but I believe theres a missed connection. All other gauges work There is a noise coming from the throw out bearing in the transmission, but it does not effect the cars driveability one bit. The drivers side power window wont go up or down. Window motor is good but I believe something came loose or broke. Window does stay up however.

All in all its a great project car or good daily driver for the price

Like I said, I was asking $2000, but am extremely negotiable since I just need it gone.

Car is located in Sarasota, Florida

PICS:

Garrett booster

Man you better jump on that one. You're not going to find another one that rust free.

Hybrid booster

black,rust free,no surface rust on the usual stuff under the hood. Definately should be going to a good home and worth restoring

Hybrid booster

believe it or not i had one just as clean in red and sold it to jason up in paw paw mi. man that is clean and a good color, the interior color kills me, i hate brown, tan interiors. if ti was a ttop i wouldnt let the interior color distract me away. so how many psi does it run and why does it have a early T1 converted to T2 on a 88? what year is the motor?

hows the condition of the window scrubbers and weatherstripping?

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by glht_omni View Post
    believe it or not i had one just as clean in red and sold it to jason up in paw paw mi. man that is clean and a good color, the interior color kills me, i hate brown, tan interiors. if ti was a ttop i wouldnt let the interior color distract me away. so how many psi does it run and why does it have a early T1 converted to T2 on a 88? what year is the motor?

hows the condition of the window scrubbers and weatherstripping?
    Its currently running wastegate boost so about 7 PSI since the wastegate solenoid is bad and I dont have a boost controller. When I bought the car it already had the T1 turbo that was converted and the swapped 2.5L motor. Being a 2.5 the motor is a commonblock 1990 motor.

Window scrubbers are cracked on the drivers side I believe and I'm not sure on the other seals because the car is back home at my parents house.

You can always dye the interior another color like black

Garrett booster

i got a 85 town and country wagon in springfield MO for sale $800 runs and drives good 2.2turbo auto

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Theres a $500 lancer in hazel park, needs a trans (555) - I asked the guy for pics, but I think there is a phone number too since you'd be more serious than I.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by wm23n1 View Post
    Man you better jump on that one. You're not going to find another one that rust free.
    You will just west of Charlotte N.C.!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbot11 View Post
    I have for sale a hardtop charcoal 1987 Daytona Shelby Z T2/A-555 car in North Carolina. I know I dont have many posts here, I usually post on Turbododge. I have a good feedback rating there that can be viewed, my username is the same on both sites

I picked this up earlier in the year and was going to use it for a daily driver, but I have too many projects and picked up another car so I need to sell this one. This is a rock solid, rot free car (as can be seen in the pics) that runs very well. It's the charcoal gray color that as far as I know was only used in 87, and even then just on high line Daytona's. When I bought it the interior was a mess, I took out the seats and carpet and cleaned it all up. The floors are just as solid on top as they are underneath.

The good

T2/A-555 runs strong, shifts good
    Rock solid, not a rotbox, pans and rockers in great shape
    8-way power enthuseist seats THAT WORK!
    Complete gray cloth interior/ charcoal gray exterior
    New(er) turbo I swapped the compressor housing from the blown turbo to a good T1 I got off the forums
    2.25 Exhaust all the way back
    2 good kum-ho ecsta ast 225-50-15 on back
    New headgasket, replaced when head was pulled to swap turbo
    Aftermarket blow off valve
    6.5" Crab wheels
    Replaced cylinder head with one that was planed (.020") Cleaned and had a 3 angle valve job
    New axles installed at same time as head with new composite gasket and bolts

The bad:

Needs a real exhaust, I cobbled up a system out of pieces I had lying around and a glasspack.
    Drivers Enthuseist is ripped on the seatback in a couple locations will need to be re-upholstered along with rear seat
    rear wiper arm grommet missing (Mopar P/N 5027551AA), previous owner sealed off with some goop
    Needs front tires, has Goodyear (melt down 365 used condoms and call it a good year) eagle-something dry rotted 205-50-15's on the front
    Needs hinge pin bushing on the drivers door
    passenger door needs window scraper
    No intake airbox
    radio circuit needs to be looked at, I put a radio in and it worked for 10 seconds, maybe just a junk radio
    Shifter lock-out broken
    Clear coat peeling on hood and roof

All in all I like this car and would like to keep it, but a 2.4 hybrid GLH is a more pressing project right now. At the moment its just about complete but the console is out along with the associated trim while I decide what to do with the shifter. As I am "retired" right now I can assist with delivery within about 400-500 miles of Charlotte N.C. Started it when I took the pics, fires right up and drives. Thanks for looking, feel free to call with any questions you may have 704/460/8128
    Thanks, Chris

Garrett booster

I have a 88 daytona pacifica sunroof, new turbo,turbo coolant/oil lines,head gasket,timming belt,ps rack,ps pump,other odds and ends also have some spare parts. zero rust but the paint on the hood is terrible as is the head liner $1500.00 or mabey some trades.

Hybrid booster

I know where a 88 csx-t is in a junkyard near Newton,N.C. I`m sure it will need a lot but it`s complete,sitting in the mud with wheels in the hatch.Guy wanted $800 but he might come down some. I can try to get the # if that sounds interesting.Also a 89 daytona es turbo in the greenville sc craigslist for $1000

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSHELBY View Post
    I know where a 88 csx-t is in a junkyard near Newton,N.C. I`m sure it will need a lot but it`s complete,sitting in the mud with wheels in the hatch.Guy wanted $800 but he might come down some. I can try to get the # if that sounds interesting.Also a 89 daytona es turbo in the greenville sc craigslist for $1000
    I'm not too far from newton, where is there a CSX-T in a yard?

Hybrid booster

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/pts/1971987549.html

very clean 89 shelby daytona, looks to be in amazing shape, $2500 near atlanta.

Hybrid booster

Thanks guys, but I think my search is over........89 csx vnt, rust free, complete with all shelby items and mint fibre rides, only bad is a crack in the front airdam, blown head gasket, and a road trip, but its very worth it for the steal of $1000!
    My uncle located from one of his neighbors driveways.

Hybrid booster

Thanks guys, but I think my search is over........89 csx vnt, rust free, complete with all shelby items and mint fibre rides, only bad is a crack in the front airdam, blown head gasket, and a road trip, but its very worth it for the steal of $1000!
    Last edited by glht_omni; 09-30-2010 at 09:26 AM.

boostaholic

Nice find!
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

Mitsu booster

Sweet! Congrats on the CSX! I can appreciate it, I love mine!

Hybrid booster

Well I'm still knocking on wood right now. I won't be able to go get it for another 2-3 weeks and he won't take a deposit, all or nothing, that and the fibrerides are 1000 miles away from the car and have to get shipped to the car first.
    I'm gonna cry if it doesn't happen for some odd reason.
    Wish me luck!

Hybrid booster

Good luck! I hope you get it, sounds like a good deal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast