Thread: 89 Lebaron GTC Convertible Turbo 5-speed

Hybrid View

Mitsu booster

89 Lebaron GTC Convertible Turbo 5-speed

Selling my 1989 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible for sale, in USA - Wisconsin.

Mileage: 175,000 miles
    Engine Size: 2.5 Turbo Intercooled 5-speed

Asking price is $2000.00 neg.

(HAVING TROUBLE POSTING PICTURES WHERE DO I POST THEM??? HELP!)

I have decided to sell my car that I have had since 2001. I'm 45 now & its time to get something more fitting for me. Time to move on & get this to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have & do what they want with it, hopefully keep it together!

I have a 1989 Chrysler Lebanon GTC turbo Convertible with a 5-speed. This car is red with a gray leather interior & a super hard to find RED convertible power top.

Engine is a 1989 Turbo motor that I had rebuilt in 2003. It has a lot of performance parts that I added back then. The turbo is a rebuilt Garrett from Majestic Turbo in Texas. Head was given just a complete valve job & I added a Mopar performance cam shaft & valve springs. Mopar head gasket. Has a Mopar performance computer as well.

I installed an A555 5-speed from a wreaked 87 Shelby Daytona that had 94,000 miles only. So as you can tell this is not a real 5-speed car, it was an automatic. I added every CORRECT part to make it a clone 5-speed car even to include finding a shock tower mount clutch cable bracket that had red overspray paint on it. It even has a correct intercooler, motor mounts, wiring & whatever I could find on 1989 cars from either parts cars or wreaking yards, I got it. Even the neutral safety wire is a 5-speed harness & not a modified harness. However, I used a 89 Turbo I single piece intake. Interior has all correct GTC parts including colored parts, like an original black 5-speed console boot bezel. You won't EVER find one of those as a extra.

This car still has its original paint showing some age & a few scratches. Nothing over major for daily driver use. Still has all 4 original 16” lace wheels & good tires too. Even this original spare has never been on the ground. Interior is completely original except for the stereo & the dash cluster. I removed the cluster & under dash harness & installed a correct 1989 digital dash wire harness & cluster. I had the mileage adjusted to be correct so the mileage is true, which is just over 172,000 miles. Heater works great, a/c was never reattached to the motor. Original power antenna still operates like new! Original floor mats are in it, seats are nice, steering wheel is the leather wrapped & NOT torn at the top! Only rust is by the brake cable under the driver carpet, that I know of. New axles shafts were installed last week, equal length units. New windshield in 2007. Rear power window tracks work perfect as well. I also have a replacement inner headliner that matches the interior. Larger space saver spare tire for the 16" brakes, its NEVER been mounted to the car!

I have the original AM/FM 5-band EQ cassette deck, that has the electronic scale EQ & I also have a working slave CD player for it as well. Right now there is a 1999 AM/FM CD Cassette in the dash now. I can install the original stereo in the car with a down payment of purchase to buy this car. However, I will NOT sell any part of the original stereo separate from the car. This slave CD deck is the exact match CD play that would have come in here originally. Slave deck worked perfect when pulled from a running parts car back in 2004 & is wrapped up tightly in sealed plastic wrap with the original cord.

Now, the bad: The car will need a new exhaust system at sometime. The muffler has come off & it’s in the garage here. Also, the top has 2 large tears in it in the normal places. But this car supports a RED top which I have never seen on ANY Lebanon convertible I have ever seen. This color can be obtained, but you can install whatever color you want. Will need a right front wheel bearing, but this is the bolt in type, with the 16" wheels. Missing most of the a/c parts under the hood as well. Power locks inoperable, not sure why. Defogger is not working either, but who really uses that!

You should be able to drive this car anywhere, in fact, fly here to Wisconsin to get it & I will pick you up at the airport & bring you to my home. This is where I will give you the title & other miss. parts that I have that goes with this car. Then fill up the gas tank & drive home.

I am sure that I am leaving things out, so feel free to ask me anything you want about the car. I am selling due to the fact is that this car has become impractical for me now & i have enjoyed it for the last nearly 10 years. I have a red convertible boot top cover, original to the car.

I’m asking at this point $2000 & the price is very flexible. I have a clear title as well. Currently I have HOBBYIST license plates on the car, just like Wisconsin COLLECTOR plates. Bring your plates along to drive it home.

This is a surely a 1 of a kind car with its red top. Just having the 5-speed alone is cool & surely is an attention getter. If you have any questions concerning this little beast, contact me either at my number 920-420-3829, or text me at that same number, or e-mail me at: redbarron89@msn.com Best time to call is between 2:30pm & 9pm CDT, not after 9pm CDT.
    I have lots of pictures that I can take of any angle of the car.

Re: 89 Lebaron GTC Convertible Turbo 5-speed

Pics...Post them in photobucket and paste link here.

Mitsu booster

Re: 89 Lebaron GTC Convertible Turbo 5-speed

never tried that, does this site charge to post photos on there or not? if they do, then forget it! If anyone wants pictures of my car, please e-mail me at: redbarron89@msn.com , or call between 2:30pm & 9pm CDT ONLY< or text message me at: 9204203829 between 2:30 & 9pm CDT. I will do pictures that way also