Thread: TII conversion question throttle cables

turbo addict

TII conversion question throttle cables

Hey, I'm getting ready to swap out the draw through setup on my wagon to a blow through with a one-piece intake. The car is an automatic with cruise control. What do I need to get to make the three cables work with the one piece intake/t-body? Do I have to replace the cables or is there a set of brackets I can use instead? I tried to search and could not find this topic discussed. Thanks.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: TII conversion question throttle cables

You need a throttle cable off any blow thru car or turbo van, t/b bracket, same but of course, it has to be an auto. I am not 100% sure but I seem to remember you will need the kickdown cable too, so that would mean the cruise as well.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I was able to make the kickdown cable work with a mtx throttle body but it's more trouble than it's worth. Find a TB that came from an auto car and get the cable too.

turbo addict

So I need an auto TB or I can take the bracket off of it and use it on my manual tb? In addition I need all of the cables to include throttle, kickdown, and cruise? Thanks for helping!

Hey Wallace I'm in the process of doing the same thing. As you are aware, the issue is that the ends of the "suck-through" cables are different than the "blow-through":

Here's a pic of the "blow-through" cables that you are going to want. Just rob them from a later TI car/van.

Fortunately they are easy to remove and replace The throttle cable passes through the firewall here:

There's just a small clip to remove at the pedal (I changed the pedal while I was there too, but that's up to you):

Next would be swapping the kickdown cable. It's held in place with a 10mm bolt...the cable hooks to the selector rod on the trans.

You won't have to change the complete cruise control canister, just swap over to the correct cable. There's a couple different lengths, so make sure the one you get is from a car that has the canister mounted in the same place. It's really easy...just remove the two nuts (earlier years were 3/8, later used 10mm) and pull off the clip.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to send a PM
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

I got it now, thank you! Just have to find the correct donor car now...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

You don't need to change the pedal, FYI.

Yes, an auto bracket with will work with any blow thru throttle body.

I have a kickdown cable and proper tb bracket if you can't find anything, probably a cruise cable too. New throttle cables are cheap.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info