Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switching the 0-1v stock table with one that reads 0-5v?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Switching the 0-1v stock table with one that reads 0-5v?

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I agree... Better to start somewhere than to try to have "everything", and elimination of the need for the second O2 or a NB capable WB fits this crowd (and me!) just right!

Mike
    Yeah we can. Like I said, I offered many moons ago and noone was interested. I'll dig up the code again.

Just a reminder, it will be no different than running the NB output from a WB controller. The code will still work like it's a NB sensor.

Also, you will still need the WB controller. Our ECU doesn't have the capability to control a WB sensor. So, the heater and current controller have to be external.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Yeah we can. Like I said, I offered many moons ago and noone was interested. I'll dig up the code again.

Just a reminder, it will be no different than running the NB output from a WB controller. The code will still work like it's a NB sensor.

Also, you will still need the WB controller. Our ECU doesn't have the capability to control a WB sensor. So, the heater and current controller have to be external.
    Thanks Rob and understood. For me and maybe for Zin, my gauge only has a 0-5v output to a controller for data logging IF you have one. This will be good for me to be able to be able to use the output to replace the narrowband and eliminate th stock o2. This would allow me to be able to use the wideband with my current setup until I get my 3" stuff installed. If you need guinea pigs, I will volunteer.
    Last edited by minigts; 10-11-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

OK, let me check it out. SMEC or SBEC?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Damn Rob..... LM? Personally, this is for my GLHS. My Charger with the SMEC is out of commission for a bit. If you could maybe do it for one, see how it runs and then do it for another? I'd say whatever the consensus is for who would want it, i.e., if more people have SMEC/SBECs, then start there. I don't want to be TOO selfish.
    Last edited by minigts; 10-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post

Yeah, I don't know why people wouldn't do this. I can understand if it doesn't have the merit immediately because of needing to re-write the code to incorporate the information from the wideband to the ECU, but why not?! Why not start working to go this route? Why not reduce the number of parts on your car that are superfluous? Why not adapt to the way the electronics are going and UPDATE with the times? We're upgrading suspension, brakes, tires, intakes, exhausts, EVERYTHING except parts of the electronics? If we can and there would be gains in the long run (which it seems there would be), I'm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Damn Rob..... LM? Personally, this is for my GLHS. My Charger with the SMEC is out of commission for a bit. If you could maybe do it for one, see how it runs and then do it for another? I'd say whatever the consensus is for who would want it, i.e., if more people have SMEC/SBECs, then start there. I don't want to be TOO selfish.
    LM should still work, I think. The table lookup is the same, the only problem is RAM. I need an 'extra' ram location to store the WB variable. Might have to get creative...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123