Thread: were can i buy these (89 parking brake adjuster)

TurboII

were can i buy these (89 parking brake adjuster)

were can i get this

Joey

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: were can i buy these (89 parking brake adjuster)

Lookup the parking brake hardware kit for a 91 Spirit R/T and use it. It comes with everything as I'm not sure you can just buy that piece seperate except overpaying for it from the dealer.
    Its all the same for all the rear disc brake stuff but most catalogs dont list rear disc stuff for anything except the R/T cars since they came w/disc's standard.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

I think it is probably the same on a neon with rear discs...

Strangely all of the vented and non vented cars along with rear disc equipped Neons (and others) use the same brake pads and shoes in the rear.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I think it is probably the same on a neon with rear discs...

Strangely all of the vented and non vented cars along with rear disc equipped Neons (and others) use the same brake pads and shoes in the rear.

-Rich
    Or an LH car, PT cruiser or Cloud car

They had a bullet proof design with the 89+ rear discs and reused it for 17 years.

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    or an lh car, pt cruiser or cloud car

they had a bullet proof design with the 89+ rear discs and reused it for 17 years.
    i was looking at napaonline and found 04 jeep grand cherokee as well!! Thanks for the looking out.

Joey

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I have the same issue. The springs are broken on my e-brake adjusters. I found NAPA part "UP 2981" that maybe looks right, though it's not exact. It's for a '91. Do you happen to remember the part number you used?

Edit: there is also "UP 2983" for the cloud cars. Looks similar but with slightly different springs and it comes with new rubber plugs. The 2981 is also the kit that comes up for a '95 Neon.
    Last edited by MiniMopar; 05-24-2011 at 12:10 PM.

I did this a while ago if it helps

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...+disc+hardware

I was doing some research for someone who needed rear parking brake shoes for disc brakes and found some great info. This applies to 89-93 Gbody. 90-93 Abody, 90-93 Cbody, 89-94 Jbody, 89-94 Pbody with rear disc. Some models may be only with the larger rear disc brakes though such as R/t's Gtc's etc.
    Chrysler discontinued the orgional style parking brake shoes pn 4383545. They want you to get pn's 4509505 shoes, (2)4509503 adjuster screw, (2)4383539 nut, and (2)4509504 sockets. All for a cool price of $163.00. What it does is retrofit the new shoes to fit. Through doing a little research I found that these new shoes are also used on 93-01 LH, 02-06 JR, 95-00 JA, 95-01 PL, 96-00 JX, 01-06 PT. I'm not breaking down body codes, if you dont know go to allpar. What this means is possibly you could get them at the junkyard if you grab the hardware too. Also I suppose upgrades could be gotten from these vehicles too, although I have not tried any of this. Also there is an economy parking brake shoe available from mopar pn V2013036 for $54.00 and also parking brake hardware kits pn's BHKP7300 rt side and BHKP7301 lt side which are $29.35 each. This brings the total down to $112.70. If you are in good with you parts guy I'm sure you will get an even better price. I ordered all these numbers and all the adjusters are in the hardware kits, I verified it. Also there is NO difference in the econo and OE pn shoes. I ordered those also and pulled them out of the boxes, guess what? Same exact shoes, same exact stamping #'s too, just different boxes, also same exact warrantys too. 12mo, 12K miles. I suppose theses could be gotten aftermarket too if you want but you need the adjuster kits also so why not just order all from the dealer? I thought this may help someone.

Thanks. I had already replaced the shoes a few years ago. Raybestos carried them and they were fairly cheap. But no one seems to list a hardware kit for the '89 model year, so I reused the old ones and the springs eventually failed. I've looked at a bunch of different kits now for various models and years. The only real difference seems to be the springs. That is exactly the part that I need, so I want to get the right one.

The dorman kit autozone listed for a 91 Spirit r/t was a perfect match for me. looked identical to the old rusty crap that I dropped into the trash can.

OK...that's what I went with...the 2981 kit. I'll report back how it goes.