Thread: TM style to the SRT-4

Hybrid booster

TM style to the SRT-4

So a buddy of mine bought a SRT on the cheap. $3900 to be exact. He even drove it home. The kid before had this thing rigged beyond belief. The exhaust was made with 6" sections from the DIY section. It supposedly has JE pistons and Eagle rods. Anyway, my buddy is on a very tight budget making this thing right. The previous owner crushed the wastegate can for more boost and now it won't hold more than 7 PSI. So with a little turbo mopar magic I turned it loose tonight. We bypassed the wastegate solenoid, rotated the wastegate can, and put an adjustable plastic valve in the wastegate vac line. After a few hours of tinkering I think we got it right. In the process we found a new rig job. The nut came off of the alternator wire and was arcing on the firewall. We found the stud was cross-threaded and had two slits cut into it.

End result, a STEADY 19PSI. He's done a fuel pump re-wire, it has a bigger intercooler, and hard pipes. After riding around all night I'm thinking somewhere in the 13's is highly possible. He ran 15.02 @ 90 on friday with 7PSI. Stock exhaust.
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

turbo addict

Re: TM style to the SRT-4

an SRT4 can run 13's stock.

Hybrid booster

Yes, if you're car and driver. A real world stock 13 second SRT-4 is very rare. I've never seen one.
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

turbo addict

I saw one in 2003 Guy came to the track, lowered the tire pressure and cracked off 13.9's.

I've seen a 2004 pull a 13.8

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Yeah, well I've seen the Lochness Monster,

Damn, sounds like the PO was a knuckle head, wow.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 20w/ashelby View Post
    Yes, if you're car and driver. A real world stock 13 second SRT-4 is very rare. I've never seen one.
    Slasky hit 13.90's with his......completely bone stock. Ive seen it with my own two eyes. They were giving away free issues of playgirl to the winner of that race though........so......he was trying pretty hard.

There are plenty of stock 13 second SRT's out there. My bone stock '04, on aired up slicks (to prevent stock BFG tired wheel hop), launching easy went 13.40 @ 100 on two different tracks, two different days. 13.8's on street tires would have been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    Slasky hit 13.90's with his......completely bone stock. Ive seen it with my own two eyes. They were giving away free issues of playgirl to the winner of that race though........so......he was trying pretty hard.
    13.9 100% stock everything except for the baby seat in the back.

Sean really wanted that magazine and he broke his car, as usual, so I wanted to win it for him.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

boostaholic

Brandon,

Did you guys check for boost leaks?

Glad you could get the Mag for Sean!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 20w/ashelby View Post
    I had one until I replaced the engine with my race engine. Still have the 24k mile engine and trans though, LOL.

Hybrid booster

OK, we made it to the track tonight. So I guess you guys have ran that fast. I'm just glad we got this thing where it needs to be. 13.93@104. 60' time was 2.20 I believe. Something tells me the bald Michelin HX MXM4's aren't helping. Picked up 26 MPH on the top end. He said he was holding a solid 19PSI in 4th.

boostaholic

That's more like it.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

there used to be a woman who had one a few years ago and she would rock off steady 13s in the SRT-4. was even pretty consistent with bracket racing too....I dont know who she really was but maybe one of the other OSDAC guys remember who im talking about

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Ma Reeves?

Brian

boostaholic

Closest I came was 14.001 on a 14.00 dial with a borrowed SRT.,I was bummed.

turbo addict

I knew a guy back in the day when they were new, bought an 04 all stock including him others ran over 20 passes that night and beat the snot out of it all the time ended up running 13.8s

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    They were giving away free issues of playgirl to the winner of that race though........so......he was trying pretty hard.
    Playgirl... is your buddy gay?... not that there is anything wrong with that...

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6daytonas View Post
    Playgirl... is your buddy gay?... not that there is anything wrong with that...
    inside joke......