Thread: Code 14

turbo addict

Code 14

My daytona was having problems the other day, I was driving down the interstate and it went super rich, I'm talking in the 9's and it started to stumble while heading home. Normally I run e85 and was running premium that day, so its normally rich in the high 11s.

Got home and read the codes it is showing, 12, 14 and 25.

I pulled the electrical connector off the map and it was cleaned, and checked the vac lines going to it and the baro, all clean, blew though them too, clean.

Normally I would just throw another one on but its a 3 bar, and would hate to buy it and be stuck with it.

Thanks,
    Jack

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Code 14

Does the MAP have its own line? If so, the bypass the baro and see if its ok, if so, get a new baro, if not, its either a bad MAP or computer.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Do I also need to have the baro hooked up, with the baro to map line plugged? I'll just try the map and see how it goes, I assume this is what you ment.

turbo addict

alright well i just hooked up the map, no baro and it still ran like crap, studdered while driving down the road, re hooked it back up and still ran like junk, so new map?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Code 14 means it's time for a new map or there is a wiring problem. The computer isn't seeing logical map values.

turbo addict

Swapped in a new 3bar today, same problems, super rich driving around, god what a pain in the ---.

Tried swapping on a different fpr just for the hell of it, tests out bad so now i'll try another one, sure is nice having parts laying around. Any thoughts?

I was driving it and I could have sworn it sounded like a fuel line was leaking in the tank or something, cause every once and a while I can hear the sound of fuel spraying, almost like a small crack in a line and it sprays every once and a while, guess I'll just pull the pump, got a new TRE unit on the way too should be here this week hopefully.

Why cant it just work.....(cause that is just too easy)

It could still be a bad computer.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Would burning a new chip rule that out, or just switching computers and keeping my same chip. I would have already burned a new one but cant figure out how to use mp tuner, i was fine using dcal and chem but cant figure mp tuner out yet.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Did you test the wiring at all? Again, the code 14 says that the map isn't putting out a good signal or that the computer can't read the signal the map is putting out. I would look into that first.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Did you test the wiring at all? Again, the code 14 says that the map isn't putting out a good signal or that the computer can't read the signal the map is putting out. I would look into that first.
    +2, had an L body come in a few months ago, code 14, checked voltage at the MAP, it was messed up, went to the LM, water had got on the connectors while it sat over winter, shocker, lol, cleaned off the corrosion, fixed.

Yes, burning a new chip using Dcal is fine but most likely, its the actual computer if the wiring is fine.