Thread: question to all those that run eibachs

Hybrid booster

question to all those that run eibachs

hey everybody, i have an honest question for you guys and i have been debating to start a thread like this, so here goes. i am looking for descriptions first hand of your personal experiences with the eibach 2804.140 springs. please include the model of car what type of struts and shocks you are running, how long you have been running it. and if possible the vehicles weight. please include any info in regards to how many of the tighter coils you may have cut off to tune ride height. and any general note as to how the ride feels to you. i just got my set of springs today, and im still up in the air as to what i should get for struts and shocks. i have an idea of what im going to do but id like some first hand stories from anyone before i purchase anything. i have been toying with the idea of adapting sw20 toyota mr-2 rear agx inserts into some stock housings for the front, using the threaded gland nut adapted to the top of the mopar strut, and adapt some agx camaro rear app. to the rear. for anyone that is curious, the part numbers are (sw20 mr-2, 765016) (camaro, 743019) this combo is a popular choice for a lot of the more outdated jap cars, starion, older supra/celica, and the rwd corolla guys use a similar setup. look forward to reading some stories.
    thanks, shayne.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: question to all those that run eibachs

The pic below is my Daytona on the Eibach's - with 1 coil cut off the fronts, the rears are uncut. Of course, the wheels/tires are not stock size at all. So, it's much lower than a stock suspension. Can't comment about ride as this is a drag-only car and it never sees the street.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

koni/eibach combo

front springs cut 1.75 coils (they just barely seat themselves with no pressure)
    rears cut .5 coil

ran them on 2 different shadows, a daytona as well as spirit.

the shads were VERY tail happy with lots of oversteer, daytona had some slight understeer and the spirit handled remarkably well with a touch of oversteer to help get the weight in the rear swung around the corner but not even close to the point where you feel the rear end come out. the only other mod was a 1.25" front sway bar on the spirit. all other cars had stock sway bars

turbo addict

Koni/Eibach

Both as they come out of the box made my CSX-T ride height in the trees. I drove the car for a few years as as my daily driver like this.

After taking the car off daily driver duty I added PB swaybars front/rear which made a huge difference in handling. The car was very tail happy everything bolted on is it came.

This summer I added Koni coil overs in the front (don't recall what lb spring at the moment) and Rich Bryant's camber plates. At the same time I cut 1.0 coil off the rear springs (car sat real high as they come out of the box without spare tire/jack/etc). With this setup the car handles better than I have the guts to push it!...and that's on all season tires! The tail end is much more planted. This mod is by far the biggest improvement to date!

P.S. I have not even aligned the car after the camber plate/koni coil over mod...and it still handles unreal! I've only driven it twice since then. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Hybrid booster

thank you very much guys, i really appreciate the answers so far, theyre proving to be very informitive for me. its always nice to get driving impressions from the driver, especially when they have lots of seat time and have pushed the limits a bit more than average joe public. lets keep the answers coming guys, i know there is lots more people out there with these coils.

turbo addict

I forgot to mention I do have a strut tower bar and CS Racing panhard bar...not that it has anything to do with springs...but it does play into the handling...so I thought I should clarify as not to mislead.

1989 LeBaron GTC: Koni/Eibach

I haven't removed any coils and I'm happy with the ride and the handling. Car is at factory weight, about 2,800 pounds.