Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt SS & Mustang go down hard...

Cobalt SS & Mustang go down hard...

Couple of punks in a CObalt SS were messing with a Mustang GT at the light right by I69 and M24. They were really egging on the Mustang beside them(which I was behind)). I swear he must have held that thing to the floor when he free revved it a few times, not sure what exhaust he had but it was LOUD. WHen the light turned green he dropped the hammer and the Mustang guy bit and off they went. Funny thing was I was paying attention to the CObalt so intently that I nearly ran over the Mustang, oops. At about 90mph they let off and I went around the Mustang when room presented itself. Im pretty sure at this time old mister Mustang was feeling pretty beat up Anyhow the Cobalt crew was lookin for more action as they did a flew by on me..oh man the nerve eh...M24 runs back into two lanes in Metamora then divides again before Oxford and I knew it was game on. Sure enough they take the right lane and eased up so we got side by side then slowed enough I was able to grab 3rd gear, and was going to dig into 2nd but itchy foot laid it on. He got about a half a car on me, then old girl spooled up and I passed them like they had missed a gear..lol...I had to turn off at work another 5 miles up but the driver pulled up as I slowed down and yelled
    "that fkin thing is fast, what is it" LOL....they were actually pretty cool about it. I know he was boosted pretty good becasue when his boost was on he blowings some black smoke. The MUstang and Cobalt were bumper to bumper.

Re: Cobalt SS & Mustang go down hard...

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    Couple of punks in a CObalt SS were messing with a Mustang GT at the light right by I69 and M24. They were really egging on the Mustang beside them(which I was behind)). I swear he must have held that thing to the floor when he free revved it a few times, not sure what exhaust he had but it was LOUD. WHen the light turned green he dropped the hammer and the Mustang guy bit and off they went. Funny thing was I was paying attention to the CObalt so intently that I nearly ran over the Mustang, oops. At about 90mph they let off and I went around the Mustang when room presented itself. Im pretty sure at this time old mister Mustang was feeling pretty beat up Anyhow the Cobalt crew was lookin for more action as they did a flew by on me..oh man the nerve eh...M24 runs back into two lanes in Metamora then divides again before Oxford and I knew it was game on. Sure enough they take the right lane and eased up so we got side by side then slowed enough I was able to grab 3rd gear, and was going to dig into 2nd but itchy foot laid it on. He got about a half a car on me, then old girl spooled up and I passed them like they had missed a gear..lol...I had to turn off at work another 5 miles up but the driver pulled up as I slowed down and yelled
    "that fkin thing is fast, what is it" LOL....they were actually pretty cool about it. I know he was boosted pretty good becasue when his boost was on he blowings some black smoke. The MUstang and Cobalt were bumper to bumper.
    Neat story Jeff! Were you in the GLHS or the Sundance?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TurboII

lmao awesome

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

since when were mustang gt's "fast"?
    ...or slobalt ss's (sounds like a supercharged one based on how slow it was) for that matter?

Now if it were a turbo cobalt or a boosted mustang, or the new 5.0 'stang... that would make for a better story.

I get tired of idiot kids revving thier POS cars at the mustang, just because its a oooooo "mustang". OOO you killed a Mustang, big freaking deal, it's slow. ha!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Mustangs are still 14-15 sec cars, that's not bad.

Either way, great story,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    ...or slobalt ss's (sounds like a supercharged one based on how slow it was) for that matter?

Now if it were a turbo cobalt or a boosted mustang, or the new 5.0 'stang... that would make for a better story.

I get tired of idiot kids revving thier POS cars at the mustang, just because its a oooooo "mustang". OOO you killed a Mustang, big freaking deal, it's slow. ha!

Sheesh I never started my story out saying Mustangs were fast, but I guess I could have pointed out the obviuos. I can say its ALWAYS fun beating one up.
    Honestly I dont know which Chebys are supercharged or not, unlike some ^^ , so I havent a clue which are or arent. But a kill is a kill even if was a oppsoum and a rat...I was in the GLHS, I took a BIG GUN to a knife fight. Probably the best run I had was a EVO that pulled out the Chrysler dealer right by 69, that thing ran pretty solid, even the Saab I toyed with ran better than the SS. Regardless it was fun....

turbo addict

I beat up on a kid in a V6 Eclipse the other day in my S/C.......in these cars there isnt anyone you feel bad about picking on. Its all about learnin' dem kids a lesson.

^^ It is isnt it..lol! Nice kill btw.

Garrett booster

I have to line up in the camaro mustang lane at the strip just to have a challenge.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    I beat up on a kid in a V6 Eclipse the other day in my S/C.......in these cars there isnt anyone you feel bad about picking on. Its all about learnin' dem kids a lesson.
    you didnt "beat up on a kid", you "gazed a kid" lol. he just slowed down because he felt uncomfortable from being gazed!

brian

Hybrid booster

I think they rev, bait, and brag because of the Mustang's heritage. It turns 50 in 2014. That will be 50 years of uninterupted production. What other model can claim that? Well that and a good chunk of Mustang owners are *****. I owe one and can't stand alot of them.

There is something about owning a Mustang (non V6) that makes you own more of them. Growing up there were several Mustangs in the family. I went with Dodge instead. I bought my first Mustang GT in 96 and have only gone one year since without owning one.

By the way not all N/A Mustang are slow. 16V GT = slow, 24V Gt, better but still not all that impressive, 32V with a some work. Let's just say I fear no 5.0. Now when they get the SC 5.0, look out. They currently only have 450hp but there is no torque curve. Same 406lbs of torque from 2200 to 5500 rpms. The Aussies get all the fun cars. It going in the 2011 Falcon GT. I say screw the Taurus, bring the Falcon up here.

Must be the exhaust but ricers don't mess with me. They either do the Ricer Fly By or just look straight ahead as they drive by.

oh i know not all n/a ones are slow. I own one.. a 95 convertible; and i know its nothing impressive... it just gets annoying with every honda, cobalt, neon, ect thinking every red light is a race. It's a stock GT... heck sometimes it's hard to even hear if its running! Why not go pick on something that actually IS fast.

I just don't see the point in bragging about a "kill" that was easy. That's all.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster

Auto or 5spd? The GTs had really tall gears. Tried to find the specs but had no luck. I did find a site that said they only averaged 14mpg with an 04 Mach. Heck I play around and still get 19-21 in town. Some 3.55 gears will help a lot especially with the low end torque the 5.0's had. Could even go with 3.73s since it is a vert. 3.90s whine a lot and 4.10s would be overkill for a street driven 5.0. Stock mufflers are very restrictive, just changing the mufflers is good for 5-10rwhp.

Edit: Stock gear ratio is 2.73, 3.08, or 3.27.
    Last edited by bris09; 09-11-2010 at 10:37 PM.

According the build sheet, it has the 3.08 gear. It's also a 5-speed, and averaging about 23mpg.

Hybrid booster

According the build sheet, it has the 3.08 gear. It's also a 5-speed, and averaging about 23mpg.
    Throw in a set of 3.73s and have some fun. They won't hurt the gas mileage that much. The Mach has 3.55s and as I said it gets 19-21 while having fun, it gets 27mpg on the highway running at 75-80mpg.

I'm debating a set of Pro 5.0 3.90s as they are supposed to be the quietest 3.90 you can get and in talking to Scott Hoag he said he runs them in his Mach 1 Racer (Body in white race car) and the car loves them.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
    I think they rev, bait, and brag because of the Mustang's heritage. It turns 50 in 2014. That will be 50 years of uninterupted production. What other model can claim that?
    Corvette. 57 years.
    Suburban. 74 years.

Just to name two.

Are you sure it was a GT mustang?

oh i know not all n/a ones are slow. I own one.. a 95 convertible; and i know its nothing impressive... it just gets annoying with every honda, cobalt, neon, ect thinking every red light is a race. It's a stock GT... heck sometimes it's hard to even hear if its running! Why not go pick on something that actually IS fast.

I just don't see the point in bragging about a "kill" that was easy. That's all.
    LOL your not very bright for one thing, Im not bragging. I for one like to hear about any DODGE beating up on the other makes, especially Mustangs, the things are full of morons that think its fast. The cars themselves are fine, most of the owners are not. Your big mouth is case in point!
    I beat on my car when no one is around for the fun it, dont think I wont take advantage of a swelled headed Gutstang owner. For gods sake's why build it and look at! There are alot of gear heads on this site like me I just figured they'd want to hear about it also AND GUESS WHAT, they did. UMM this is the street stories section, if you take issue with this thread move along because to me whining cry babies are far worse than those who really do brag.
    Paul,
    The Sundance is my daily driver, not so fast, BUT it is built with all forged internals. The girl is still driving the SHadow I got from you everyday, she loves that thing I just hate seeing it driven in the salt. That was one clean Shadow. Hope you and your parents are in good health, best regards.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    Corvette. 57 years.
    Suburban. 74 years.

Just to name two.

Are you sure it was a GT mustang?
    Scratch the Corvette from your list. It has not been 57 years of uninterupted production. They skipped a year in the early 80's.

I'll give you 64 years for the Suburban as they weren't made in 43, 44, or 45.
    Last edited by bris09; 09-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    LOL your not very bright for one thing, Im not bragging. I for one like to hear about any DODGE beating up on the other makes, especially Mustangs, the things are full of morons that think its fast. The cars themselves are fine, most of the owners are not. Your big mouth is case in point!
    I beat on my car when no one is around for the fun it, dont think I wont take advantage of a swelled headed Gutstang owner. For gods sake's why build it and look at! There are alot of gear heads on this site like me I just figured they'd want to hear about it also AND GUESS WHAT, they did. UMM this is the street stories section, if you take issue with this thread move along because to me whining cry babies are far worse than those who really do brag.
    Paul,
    The Sundance is my daily driver, not so fast, BUT it is built with all forged internals. The girl is still driving the SHadow I got from you everyday, she loves that thing I just hate seeing it driven in the salt. That was one clean Shadow. Hope you and your parents are in good health, best regards.
    Think you missed her point. Depending on the year of Mustang you should bow your head in shame if you lose to it. Because they were not fast. They were 15 second cars. Only V8 RWD US Coupe in Joe publics price range yep, fast nope.

News Flash: Mustangs are not the only vehicles full of Morons that think their's is fast. I've met of bunch of Hemi Ram owners that fit in that catagory quite well. My Mustang is a low 12 second car and by no stretch of the imagination do I think it is fast. There's probably 20 cars in this side of town alone that would hand me my ***.

^^ correct.

LOL... "just move on to another thread" Typical response... All I said was you made it sound like it was some huge accomplishment, when it wasn't. And why would I have an inflated ego and big mouth if I claim that the mustang is slow to begin with? The CSX is a MUCH quicker car.

Thanks for noticing that I'm "not very bright." I throughly enjoy when the name calling comes out... means there's no grounds for what's to follow.

Also, it's very true that there are morons in every group....

Glad the shadow is still going...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast