Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS or trade turbo mini 5 speed for a durango

FS or trade turbo mini 5 speed for a durango

SOLD

So I have a 90' turbo mini 5 speed. Mostly stock, has +20's, 3 bar, socketed SBEC, my own cal, FMIC, MBC at 17 PSI, 1g DSM bov, stock 2.5'' downpipe with 3'' TU kit from there back with a bullet muffler only.

Has a 523 because the original 568 was dead when I got it. Input shaft has some play, you can hear it in neutral and on takeoff, but other than that it's OK. 6 puck ceramic clutch with T3 plate from TU, plenty street friendly. Shifts nice though. Newer axles, new steering rack and tie rods. Rotors and pads recently replaced too.

Engine has 210k on it but purs like a kitten. Very smooth, still has balance shafts (on purpose). Fresh tuneup (RN11YC's, bosch wires, new cap and rotor).

Has 16'' aftermarket wheels with 205's on it. Fronts are more worn that the rears I would rotate except the left rear has a super slow leak, about every 2 months it's down to like 20 PSI. But if I put it in the front it's down to that in about 2 weeks because of the extra pressure from the weight. Rears about 75% tread, fronts like 50%.

Interior is decent, headliner there but sags (not too bad though). 2 seater center and 3 seater rear benches. Manual windows and locks. Key does not work on drivers side to unlock, no idea why I never cared because I never lock the van. There is NO radio at all. Dawes A/F and an Isspro 25 PSI boost gauge. New A/C compressor, and a condensor from a daytona because it's twice as big.

NO RUST at all, this was a florida van until 2 years ago. Has probably only seen 1 winter of snow, which was from me last year. Has typical paint peel, the roof was complete surface rust when I got it so it's been spray bombed with a really close color. New front healights! Hard to find and they are expensive!

Even with a loud exhaust, this van is a sleeper for sure. I get atleast 10 WTF looks per day when the BOV goes off. Decently quick at 17 PSI, and it feels like it pulls even better now that it's getting cooler out.

There's probably way more, but I'm just making a quick post here. It's not the cleanest van around, but it's fine for a driver for a 20 year old van. To sell outright I want $1500 for it. I have tons of extra's to add that I'd give you awsome deals on. Fresh rebuilt head, fresh rebuilt T2 turbo from TU with large adjustable can and 2.5'' SV, SS braided line kit, 005 headgaskets, ported exhaust manifold , etc etc...everything you need to make it a good bit faster

And don't be making fun of my BOV filter

Oh see I forgot already, new speed sensor and new axle seals on the tranny when I put that in there. Also has a Poly bushings bobble strut!

This is what it looked like when I first got it so you can see I put a fair amount of money and work into it-

Last edited by moparzrule; 10-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Re: FS or trade turbo mini 5 speed for a durango

Wanted to add that this van has been my daily driver for over a year now, and has been super reliable. I would drive it anywhere......california tomorrow, no problem.

For interested parties I can get more pics for you, PM me.

boostaholic

You have a pm

Yeah sorry if this was confusing in my post, but the T2 turbo, rebuilt head, and all those extra's are not in that $1500 price at all.

This is an extremely rare van, in really good shape. I paid $1100 for it 2 years ago in the condition you see it in that last pic! With a bum tranny, bald tires, busted grille, and ugly headlights. I don't really see how $1500 is a high price at all for this van without those extra's. I'd take $2000 cash with everthing included though, which is roughly 1/2 the price of those parts new. The turbo, SV, and WG can are about $650 alone if you bought them new (with no core) from TU....which you can't even get a 2.5'' swingvalve anymore anyway.

Garrett booster

how far are u from fargo nd?

Uhh, very....LOL Over a thousand miles away most likely! If you flew into Harrisburg PA's airport I'd pick you up and you could drive it home. The van gets ~25 mpg highway easily.

Here's some pics of the extra's for the extra $500-

Last edited by moparzrule; 09-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Garrett booster

you confident it will make it that far? haha

The only thing I've done to the van in the past year was an oil change, rear shocks, and a tuneup, haven't touched anything and it's been totally reliable for several hours away trips pulling my popup camper. Obviously, there are no absolute gaurantees, but from a normal reliability standpoint I'm fairly confident it would make the trip.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

I can attest to the shape of this van. It is in great shape for its age.

Thanks Dana

Garrett booster

I'm just curious. What radiator are you running and how is everything setup intercooler/condensor/radiator/lines?

Stock original rad, just moved over the the passenger side a couple inches. Condensor is right in front of the rad, IC is in the very front. Lines both go through the drivers side.

Here's more pics everyone. Please take into account for some reason the light was screwing with my cheapo camera and making the carpet looking weird and muddy. It's not. It's not perfect, couple spots that need really scrubbed, but overall not really that bad. Just needs a good shampooing.

Also, in taking some pics, I did find one tiny itty bitty spot where rust is bubbling under the paint, and thats the passenger side front quarter. Rear quarters are clean, as is the drivers front. Under the doors are clean, pics of those.

Also, gauge cluster is from an automatic minivan because this mini is a base model and the OEM cluster(which is still included I have it) does not have a tach, oil pressure, volt gauges, or a trip meter. The mileage I changed with a little screw driver to be the same as the stock one So the mileage is accurate.
    On the very first pic here, if you look through the steering wheel you can see the dawes. I drilled 4 small holes and poked it through right above the vent. And as mentioned, no radio is installed in the van at all.

Uhh, car seat not included LOL-

Roof pic, as stated it's been spray bombed a very close color to the van.

And last, the only rust spot I've found on the van-

Last edited by moparzrule; 09-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Well I no longer need a durango, just picked one up today. So just looking to sell straight out for $1500, or $1600 with the rebuilt head.

Hybrid booster

Congrats on the Durango. 5.2, 5.9, or 5.7?

5.2, it's a 98' SLT but I got it for a price so cheap I couldn't pass it up. $2100 Literally 1/2 the kelly blue book value. He started at $2500 but I kept mentioning issues. Needs inspected, E brake didn't work, hole in the muffler, healights yellowed, etc.

The newer engine, 00-up, is a 4.7. I actually wanted an 01' or so to get the 4.7 and the rear disk brakes, but thats OK. I like 318's, very reliable, but I do HATE drums. And of course, I'm looking the durango over for inspection, it needed new rear shoes and both E-Brake cables the little metal ball on the end popped off and the cable sucked up in. So new cables are being put in, only $40 for both of them, and new shoes then were only $16.99. Almost no rust, and the interior is loaded, everything works good. Front clip has a couple cracks and whatnot, one fog light is missing so I'm just gonna take the other out. It doesn't have a tow package, which sucks but the guy took another $200 off the price when I realized it didn't have it. And it needs a muffler yet too, something not stock
    Last edited by moparzrule; 09-12-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Raining out so I just snapped a super quick pic-

turbo addict

Any interest in trading for my 86 Shelby Charger outright? The body isnt as clean as your van, but its a reliable car and pretty quick......Fresh '88 2.2 out of a CSX-T with an SRT intercooler, reworked turbonator cal, +20's, RFL BOV, 3" exhaust, A520, newer clutch, axles, brakes, etc. Good tires. Possibly the nitrous kit..... Heres a couple pics.

Nice Durango, BTW.

I wish I could man, I do.....but I'm a family man now, got 2 kids and I need the cash to put toward buying another camper. Thanks though!

turbo addict

i really cant tell in the pics, does it have tinted rear windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast