Thread: Phantom Power Loss Light

Phantom Power Loss Light

Ok so I'm guessing I have a broken wire somewhere. When driving if I hit a bump or let our the clutch too fast and cause the car to stutter (ceramic clutch), then I get a power loss light. Pulling codes using the on-off method only returns a 55 (and 12 if the battery has been disconnected recently). No problem, just hook up the scanner and see what it says. Scanner won't see any codes while the PL light is lit.

Using the scanner we did notice that the TPS was not providing feedback to the LM occasionally but I replaced about 20" of the TPS wiring from where a local guy and I thought it was broken. I haven't had the chance to have the wideband hooked up while the PL light is lit, but the car definitely behaves strangely. I can tell instantly when the PL light is on without looking at it first.

So in trying to trace down some wiring problems, why would the Power Loss light come on but not register any codes?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Phantom Power Loss Light

Stock computer?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Forgot to mention that. Its a Socketed LM with a Shel Game cal.

turbo addict

does it hav CEL light up for knock option?

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    does it hav CEL light up for knock option?
    That's what I was getting at,

Could be knock but it could be the knock circuit is too sensitive, mine does the same thing.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

i was pulling my hair out tryin to figure out the same thing. i would get it on light cruz every now and then, or just randomly, hooked up a scanner, didnt get crap (because i was lookin in the wrong place), decided to check the knock pid and it corresponded with the cel light, that was lame... my top end was a little noisy im sure, but knock was to sensitive for sure...

I don't think its the knock indicator (it is enabled however). I didn't realize I was running lean at WOT and the PL light never came on when the thing was backfiring... Plus I don't think the knock indicator stays on

Also, if this is the same issue as last time (probably) then I can shake the wiring harness and get the light to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    i was pulling my hair out tryin to figure out the same thing. i would get it on light cruz every now and then, or just randomly, hooked up a scanner, didnt get crap (because i was lookin in the wrong place), decided to check the knock pid and it corresponded with the cel light, that was lame... my top end was a little noisy im sure, but knock was to sensitive for sure...
    I find out mine last year when I unhooked the knock sensor, its stopped, lol. Now, I just ignore it unless it comes on solid.

My problem with this conclusion though is that the power loss light just stays on unless I shut the car off and turn it back on. Then the light doesn't come on again until bumps or stuttering trigger it.