Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbokid

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

turbokid

Man, I hate to do this.

On July 28, 2010, turbokid posted a Holset turbo for sale.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ghlight=holset

I sent a PM to him offering $225 shipped via paypal.

On the 29th, he replied: "Is it ok if I wait till the money hits my account before I send the turbo? Not paid till next week"

I agreed and sent the Paypal.

He sent me a PM stating it would take 3-4 business days for the Paypal to reach his bank account and would send a tracking number. Also on the 29th, he marked the turbo as sold on his for sale post.

On Aug 4, 2010 he sent me a PM, "Money comes in Friday and I will send it then with tracking number"

On Aug 15, 2010 I had not heard anything and asked for an update.

On Aug 16, 2010 I received the following, "I got a call from the company I use to ship stuff and they said the package came back.
    So I am gonna up there tmrw and straighten that all out.
    I will confirm everything is alright on the address side and try this again.
    Will get you the tracking number"

On Aug 23, 2010 I sent a PM and an Email stating I was patiently awaiting an update. The same day he replied, "After 70 hours and 8 days straight of work I get a day off tmrw. Going up there to take care of it. Its my dad shipping place and he hasnt checked on it since hes been busy and I have worked 14 hour days."

On Aug 27, 2010 I sent a PM and an Email stating that it had now been over a month and I was expecting a full refund of all money sent. I stated in the email and PM that I would accept a full refund within 72 hours to consider the transaction closed.

The final 72 hours have now passed and I am posting the information here.

I looked and saw positive feedback regarding turbokid before I made the purchase.

Being a nice guy, I (without being asked) sent the paypal as a gift to hopefully avoid PP fees. Don't know if I can reverse a gift or not.

I'm out $225. It's not going to break me, but even if it was $2, I'd still expect either my parts or a refund. I've always been a nice guy about things, giving people the benefit of the doubt, agreeing to wait longer than usualy if needed for items to ship, etc. I now may have learned my lesson.

I understand his father owns a salvage yard. I wonder if I should call the yard with my problem? Does anyone have personal contact with him? Any other ideas?

Garrett booster

Re: turbokid

He got me to on the other site. Same BS excuse.

Garrett booster

Quintin Sutton
    10714 w. 128th ct.
    Overland Park Ks, 66213

Garrett booster

In the Parts Wanted section, I reposted since the part I had paid for did not arrive. Being a too nice guy, and newer to this forum, I elected to not call the seller out. I mean, with 1500+ posts, I figure he must have some credibilty.

May 5 - received a PM from turbokid that part I wanted was avail.
    May 9 - he had part in hand, money was Payapld to him, and he wanted a couple of days to get $$
    May 20 - he PMd apologizing for not sending out yet - re: grad, busy etc.
    I PM him in July re: not received
    He responds that he sent it out immediately after receiving payment (guess he forgot his apology to me for NOT doing so). Tells me to wait.
    I figure he was going to ship now, so I wait, and wait, and wait..

Today - no stuff.

Grant

Hybrid booster

I have had nothing but good deals from turbokid. I bought a shifter and cables from one of his 89 shadows that was in his salvage yard. I even gifted the money to avoid the paypal fees. The cables and shifter are now in my Omni GLH project. He lives an hour away from the salvage yard and still made the way out there to pull it for me. You have to look at how many deals he goes through within his schedule and you can see its a bit tough. But, I believe if he says that you'll get your part, then you will get your part.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedDrummer View Post
    I believe if he says that you'll get your part, then you will get your part.
    He can talk the talk, it's time to walk the walk.

Hybrid booster

if his schedule is tight and tough, he shouldn't post things for sale then or reply to people that are posting wanted ads that simple, i am sure if the shoe was on the other foot, he wouldn't care to be jerked along like this.

Hybrid booster

and what is this B.S about waiting till paypal payment clears a bank acct. before shipping, that is a load of crap all by itself, i mean if things are THAT tight, that you dont have the couple of bucks to ship out items out of your pocket then i reccommend that person stops selling till they can swing shipping and item for 15.00 that they got 30.00 just for shipping for.

Apparently the creation of this post caused him to reply to my PM.

Apparently - even though he stated that the package was RETURNED the first time he SHIPPED - apparently he doesn't have my address. Apparently it wasn't included in the paypal. Maybe it wasn't, I don't know, but asking for my shipping address over a MONTH after getting paid.....

Quinton... as I said in the PM.... tracking number or refund ASAP.

turbo addict

If you send a payment via "Gift" no address is given to the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    If you send a payment via "Gift" no address is given to the recipient.
    I was curious about that. I have to go through my PMs and see. If I did indeed fail to send my shipping address, that is one strike against me. However, I'd still expect the shipper to ASK if I forgot to mention it.

turbo addict

Understood. And if somebody has time to check out forums, he definitely have time to ship parts.

Hybrid booster

paypal has a box on the gift page to include a note to the person receiving the funds, there is where i ask my buyers to post their shipping address,and i also ask that they pm me their shipping addy as well, just to cover mistakes. idk how it took anyone over a month to figure out that he didn't have the buyers shipping address.

Garrett booster

Its all BS. He told me mine came back too. I paid with a postal money order. Postal fraud charges pending!

Hybrid booster

what i have personally noticed is that i have concert t shirts older then some of the members on this forum and the other one, they dont do things like us guys that actually seen these cars when they were new on the showroom floors do, and they dont have the same thought process we have either they are worried about getting through the day, not so much the week or year,just day to day thus the reasoning for waiting till paypal hits the bank acct before shipping, they are burning the candle at both ends imho.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by onerippinturbo2 View Post
    what i have personally noticed is that i have concert t shirts older then some of the members on this forum
    Me too! Iron Maiden's 84-85 World Slavery Tour! 1985 Atlanta, Ga at The Omni!
    Last edited by wm23n1; 08-31-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onerippinturbo2 View Post
    what i have personally noticed is that i have concert t shirts older then some of the members on this forum
    October 1979. KISS Dynasty tour. Cedar Rapids, IA. Of course it's a boys small T-shirt, but it's still tucked away in a box somewhere!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by prepared View Post

Quinton... as I said in the PM.... tracking number or refund ASAP.
    Which Q are you talking to?

Quintin is turbokid
    Quinton is ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedDrummer View Post
    Which Q are you talking to?

Quintin is turbokid
    Quinton is ME!!
    Oh wow!! Uh.... The Quinton that owes me a turbo or a refund. Sorry for the misunderstanding!!!

As I stated in the other thread, I know you have great patience. He's a good kid, and I believe you'll get your turbo or refund.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast