Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Super 60

turbo addict

Re: Super 60

nice for sale ad! lol

Yeah well it would have been over if it wasn't for shadow having to interject his 2 worthless cents.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

The Turbonerics S60 is quite popular outside the Chrysler community. Lots of Honda guys use them. When I worked at the speed shop, I ordered one for a kid to put on his D16, with .48 a/r housing btw,,,,

Turbonetics will build a turbo to a dealer or customer's specifications. If I wanted a S60 with a .48 A/R chrysler housing, all I would have to do is request the turbo sans turbine housing, or send them the turbine housing i want them to use.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Yeah we've been through this already. I was 1/2 wrong once, and right on 3 other accounts with the statements I've made. The housing wasn't ported, but it was larger than a stock T2.

I don't think any of the garbage you are spewing in the post here is true. I've never seen a S60 with a .48 turbine directly from turbonetics. And the point was, the spec from chrysler was for the larger compressor housing.
    You posted this after I tried to help you out with some solid advice?

Your post is down right rude and disrespectful.

Hybrid booster

well i am still waiting to at least hear back from the seller haven't heard from him since last week, said he would ship tuesday, but haven't heard a peep from him. getting a lil nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    The Turbonerics S60 is quite popular outside the Chrysler community. Lots of Honda guys use them. When I worked at the speed shop, I ordered one for a kid to put on his D16, with .48 a/r housing btw,,,,

Turbonetics will build a turbo to a dealer or customer's specifications. If I wanted a S60 with a .48 A/R chrysler housing, all I would have to do is request the turbo sans turbine housing, or send them the turbine housing i want them to use.
    Yes of course, but we are talking about the S60 turbo that turbonetics produced for MP which would all be the same, and the S60 that they later on produced after MP stopped carrying them. If you had them build something to YOUR specifications, it's no longer a true super 60. I don't see how thats a hard concept to grasp honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Your post is down right rude and disrespectful.
    hah, I concider his and your entire posting in this thread rude and disrespectful so whatever. There was absolutely no reason for him to post other than a personal attack, the thread was about to die and argument had ceased. I wouldn't expect you to understand as 1/2 of your post count is smug arrogant posts making fun of other people in some sarcastic tone.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I've ignored this thread for 2 pages until I clicked on it and saw this post.

Quote Originally Posted by onerippinturbo2 View Post
    well i am still waiting to at least hear back from the seller haven't heard from him since last week, said he would ship tuesday, but haven't heard a peep from him. getting a lil nervous.
    Your concern is very understood. Please contact the seller directly via PM, e-mail, phone or all of the above to remind them. Maybe they just got busy and its shipping a day late, or maybe itys already on the way. Either way, direct contact is best especially when most people are not clicking on this thread.

Yes of course, but we are talking about the S60 turbo that turbonetics produced for MP which would all be the same, and the S60 that they later on produced after MP stopped carrying them. If you had them build something to YOUR specifications, it's no longer a true super 60. I don't see how thats a hard concept to grasp honestly.
    Still?

From what I have observed in this thread you are the only one that gives a crap about the word "true" placed before Super 60 and you are the only one that thinks the words "Super 60" can only apply to a Chrysler style "Super 60" turbo.

Any T03 turbo sold by Turbonetics with a "Super 60" comp wheel is refered to (by them) as a "Super 60" turbo. Well, let me back up. They component build turbos, so you can buy a CHRA (Center Housing Rotating Assembly) and add whatever housings you want. The part number for the "Super 60" CHRA says "Super 60 CHRA" next to it and guess what... it doesnt come with housings. The Customer has a choice of those.

hah, I concider his and your entire posting in this thread rude and disrespectful so whatever. There was absolutely no reason for him to post other than a personal attack, the thread was about to die and argument had ceased. I wouldn't expect you to understand as 1/2 of your post count is smug arrogant posts making fun of other people in some sarcastic tone.
    Pot, meet Kettle. Your posts are similarly filled with arogance and sarcasm. Don't dish it out if you cant take it.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

OMG ITS A USED TURBO!!!!!!! HEAVEN FORBID IF ITS GOT A DIFFERENT HOUSING ON IT!!!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Really, get over it. Obvisouly there's many different iterations of a S60 turbo. Let it go. Stop trying to be Mr. Know it all. Once again, its a used part. Big freaking deal. PLUS, in the original post... i do not see the word "true" anywhere.

Thus, who knows what kind of s60 is it.. and he never claimed it was a "true" one. All this arguing is null and void.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post

From what I have observed in this thread you are the only one that gives a crap about the word "true" placed before Super 60 and you are the only one that thinks the words "Super 60" can only apply to a Chrysler style "Super 60" turbo.

Any T03 turbo sold by Turbonetics with a "Super 60" comp wheel is refered to (by them) as a "Super 60" turbo. Well, let me back up. They component build turbos, so you can buy a CHRA (Center Housing Rotating Assembly) and add whatever housings you want. The part number for the "Super 60" CHRA says "Super 60 CHRA" next to it and guess what... it doesnt come with housings. The Customer has a choice of those.
    Exactly.

The same could be said of any of their compressor wheels.

How many of us have turbos that can be referred to as 50trims? Call up Turbonetics and order a 50trim turbo. Do you want a T3 50trim or a T04E 50trim? Do you want a full T4, or do you want a T3/T4 hybrid? What turbine wheel do you want? What turbine housing do you want? Chrysler flage? Standard flange? Volvo flange? GN Flange? What compressor housing do you want? Do you want it water cooled?

The same could be said about Garrett GT series turbos, but they are identified by the turbine wheel. How many different configurations is a "GT30" available in? Probably dozens, but the only thing they will all have in common is the turbine wheel.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Sarcastic, yes. Arrogant depends on your point of view. Smug, never.

Also, you only get posts in the technical forum. Perhaps you get them in here too? Either way I rarely if ever rack up a post count while making fun of people. I usually only make fun when there are threats of physical violence anyway. Glad to see that is no longer your bread and butter.

turbo addict

Let's end this by some nice Super 60 pictures.

Another one

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    OMG ITS A USED TURBO!!!!!!! HEAVEN FORBID IF ITS GOT A DIFFERENT HOUSING ON IT!!!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Really, get over it. Obvisouly there's many different iterations of a S60 turbo. Let it go. Stop trying to be Mr. Know it all. Once again, its a used part. Big freaking deal. PLUS, in the original post... i do not see the word "true" anywhere.

Thus, who knows what kind of s60 is it.. and he never claimed it was a "true" one. All this arguing is null and void.
    for real. i thought i was on TD.com for a min.

turbo addict

so whats a "true" super 70? lol just kidding i think we all learned some things from this thread if anything
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Sarcastic, yes. Arrogant depends on your point of view. Smug, never.

Also, you only get posts in the technical forum. Perhaps you get them in here too? Either way I rarely if ever rack up a post count while making fun of people. I usually only make fun when there are threats of physical violence anyway. Glad to see that is no longer your bread and butter.
    Just for you Brian.

You know, all the smugness, arrogance and sarcasm makes me want to beat the hell out of someone.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Just for you Brian.

You know, all the smugness, arrogance and sarcasm makes me want to beat the hell out of someone.
    You'll have to pick the manifold of your choice. You know where to meet me.

LOL....I"m bringing a "true" S60 with me!!!

Bryan

Joke is on you. I bet I could hit you with a fake S60 that has a .48 housing from farther away.

Joke is on you. I bet I could hit you with a fake S60 that has a .48 housing from farther away.
    Damn you got me.
    Bryan

Damn you got me.
    You could pop the compressor cover off and try to discus me.

Just for you Brian.

Damn you got me.
    You could pop the compressor cover off and try to discus me.
    This is by far the funniest series of post in one thread! And to think I almost missed reading this train wreck of a thread over a "true" Super 60.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345