Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super 60

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Super 60

Cory I just sent you an email about your cal.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Cory I just sent you an email about your cal.
    ok ill go check that.....and ill see bout some pics of the S60 turbo i had from b4...i should still have pics of the turbonetics T3 housing somewhere....hopefully!

iTurbo is the current owner (last i know of lol) of the housing...maybe he can post pics....

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    We need a nut swinger smilie.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

i bought a super60 from juggy about a year ago it was a polished turbonetics 48ar/63ar and yes! it had a ported compressor
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

That looks to be ported by hand, but yeah .48 A/R on the compressor I do believe thats the correct spec for the S60 housing.

Hybrid booster

That looks to be ported by hand, but yeah .48 A/R on the compressor I do believe thats the correct spec for the S60 housing.
    and quite poorly at that. i guess it will flow more then it did from the get go but how much if any at all remains to be seen.

turbo addict

i didnt do it just the way i got it juggy might know more about it

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

This thread is Almost as funny as the "If your oil is black and looks broken down, don't change it, run it until you can Actually verify that it is indeed broken down"!

First off, if you want to define "true S60 turbo" then they all came from MP. What Turbonetics did after that to their own version of that turbo is another story.

I've bought at least 8 complete S60 turbos from MP over the years including the last one I sold on here a couple months ago and not 1 of them had a ported compressor housing.

They were All .63 A/R turbines, there were a couple different W/G cans that seemed to change according to parts they had/didn't have at the time and there were a few different compressor covers, all of which were polished.

The one I recently sold had No markings on the compressor housing, just polished. I can't remember if others said Garrett or not, but some had the boost port "nipple" some did not. Not 1 said Turbonetics on it.

Matt, if your going to make an end all be all statement, you should really try to make sure you actually know what your talking about! So far your batting average seems to be about .100.

Although, if all you want to do is stir the pot, and you don't care what that makes you look like......knock yourself out!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    i didnt do it just the way i got it juggy might know more about it
    forgot about that one....thought i sold it on TD dot com...how she workin out for ya??? woulda been nice to have for my lancer now lol....

ya idk much bout that one, picked it up from a car i parted and i already had a big turbo.....actually now that I do remember it, ya the guy that I got it from did infact open it up by hand. the pictures make the port job look crappy but its not actually that bad, coulda been polished out....

turbo addict

i ran it for 3k miles blew a seal out sent it to g-pop got it rebuilt ran it for 3k more poped another seal but it was under warranty so its at g-pop as we speak... bad luck a guess looking for somthing bigger actually

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    First off, if you want to define "true S60 turbo" then they all came from MP.
    This is really hilarious. Maybe you'll figure it out or someone will tell you. OK I will, where do you think MP got them from (hint: turbonetics)

I can't remember if others said Garrett or not, but some had the boost port "nipple" some did not. Not 1 said Turbonetics on it.
    I don't think I ever stated that they would all say turbonetics. I stated that NONE said garrett, therefore this turbo in this thread was not a true super 60.

I just love how all the people that don't like me feel the need to inject their 2 cents for no reason other than to slam me. OK fine the housing wasn't ''ported'', but it wasn't a stock T2 housing it was a .48 A/R on the S60's. I just didn't know the facts 100%, but I knew it wasn't the same as the stock T2. For all intents and purposes for my posting in this thread, I have been proven correct.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

This is really hilarious. Maybe you'll figure it out or someone will tell you. OK I will, where do you think MP got them from (hint: turbonetics)

I don't think I ever stated that they would all say turbonetics. I stated that NONE said garrett, therefore this turbo in this thread was not a true super 60.

I just love how all the people that don't like me feel the need to inject their 2 cents for no reason other than to slam me. OK fine the housing wasn't ''ported'', but it wasn't a stock T2 housing it was a .48 A/R on the S60's. I just didn't know the facts 100%, but I knew it wasn't the same as the stock T2. For all intents and purposes for my posting in this thread, I have been proven correct.
    I don't think people pile on because they don't like you. It's just that you are wrong and you don't come off well on the internet either.

We know that you don't know the facts 100%. I agree with Shadow that you are batting about .100. Unlike in baseball we can't send you down to the minors, but you don't need to step up to the plate like it's the bottom of the 9th all the time either. The interwebs are not do-or-die.

Finally I'm forced to give credit where it's due. I haven't seen anyone get "intents and purposes" right in a long time. You're still batting .100, keep it up!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Finally I'm forced to give credit where it's due. I haven't seen anyone get "intents and purposes" right in a long time. You're still batting .100, keep it up!
    Intensive porpoises.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Intensive porpoises.
    I've actually seen that one recently and wondered if the guy was joking. I'm hoping he was.

So where was I wrong?

So where was I wrong?
    You said S60's All came with ported compressor housings, and for WIW I would have made the same post regardless of who was making the "false statement", simply because I knew it was not true.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

What's hilarious is that You still don't get it! Chrysler had Turbonetics build a turbo to thier spec. So, all of the MP units will be built to that spec. That is the original S60 turbo.

After which Turbonetics, because they could, produced S60 turbos in all kinds of configurations. Ported compressor housings, .48 A/R turbines ect.

Stuff that you yourself say is not a True S60 turbo.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

You said S60's All came with ported compressor housings, and for WIW I would have made the same post regardless of who was making the "false statement", simply because I knew it was not true.
    Yeah we've been through this already. I was 1/2 wrong once, and right on 3 other accounts with the statements I've made. The housing wasn't ported, but it was larger than a stock T2.

What's hilarious is that You still don't get it! Chrysler had Turbonetics build a turbo to thier spec. So, all of the MP units will be built to that spec. That is the original S60 turbo.

After which Turbonetics, because they could, produced S60 turbos in all kinds of configurations. Ported compressor housings, .48 A/R turbines ect.

Stuff that you yourself say is not a True S60 turbo.
    I don't think any of the garbage you are spewing in the post here is true. I've never seen a S60 with a .48 turbine directly from turbonetics. And the point was, the spec from chrysler was for the larger compressor housing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast