Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super 60

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Super 60

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Do you seriously not know the difference between porting a housing and machining it to fit a larger wheel?
    OK smarty pants, show me where in a Mopar Performance or Turbonetics catalog is says "ported housing" ?

You said Various vendor's....does this not include TU? There's not too many vendors out there to say various and not be talking about TU.
    Forward Motion, FWD-Performacne, LRE all come to mind, oh, and Turbonetics. The turbo I purchased in 1996 was a brand new Super 60 turbo. Whether you choose to beleive that or not. I have gotten a few of them from them for myself and other locals and they all looked just liek that... well, except for the one with a 3" inlet...

Thats NOT super 60, you bought a turbo plus unit or got ripped off LOL.
    Do you know what a Turbo Plus is?

Quote Originally Posted by http://thedodgegarage.com/
    Mopar Performance USE to sell 2 turbochargers called the "Turbo Plus unit". It was nothing more then a stock Turbo I or TII turbocharger with a .63 ratio exhaust housing. Claimed hp gains were 6-7% with some loss of torque at lower rpm's. The 84-87 Turbo I part number was P4452780 and the 87-89 Turbo II part number was P4452781.
    And do you realise you can machine a compressor housing to fit many different size wheels?

One can easily tell by the angle of the blades that that turbo is a straight 60 trim NOT a super 60.
    Mine had the same angle as this S60 turbo...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Having trouble finding a pic of a true original super 60 compressor outlet, but here's the best I've found, you can just barely see it-

I think you have "Super 60" confused with "Forward Motion Enforcer II" Turbo

You knoe Matt, I've missed our crazy discussions like this, but it's been a long day ... have a good evening.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

How long can the pissing contest last?.....find out next.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    OK smarty pants, show me where in a Mopar Performance or Turbonetics catalog is says "ported housing" ?

Well it will just say machined housing, but the machining is including the porting. They don't obviously port it by hand, it's done with CNC equipment some to them it's machining.

Forward Motion, FWD-Performacne, LRE all come to mind, oh, and Turbonetics. The turbo I purchased in 1996 was a brand new Super 60 turbo. Whether you choose to beleive that or not. I have gotten a few of them from them for myself and other locals and they all looked just liek that... well, except for the one with a 3" inlet...
    ]
    FM might as well not be around, LRE is long gone.

Do you know what a Turbo Plus is?
    ]
    You don't obviously. it was NOT just a stock T2 with a .63 housing. There's many mistakes on the dodge garage.

Mine had the same angle as this S60 turbo...
    ]

I don't see Garrett anywhere on that turbo

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I knew this thread would turn into pure awesome in no time.

I'm a little disappointed that threats of physical violence have not been made yet. After all, a turbo is much more critical than the manifold in my opinion.

I do believe JT is right about the confusion between the FM enforcer series and the S60 in the opening of the inlet to the compressor housing. The photo Matt posted looks just like my FM "E2" unit.

Where is Michael Buffer when you need him?

I wasn't showing the pic for the turbo it was, but for the ported housing. The turbonetics super 60 had the same ported housing, where do you think FM got the idea?

I wasn't showing the pic for the turbo it was, but for the ported housing. The turbonetics super 60 had the same ported housing, where do you think FM got the idea?
    They probably got the idea that the inducer wouldn't fit without hogging out the housing.

boostaholic

Facts are facts, that is 100% for sure not a true super 60 turbo, and being that it isn't, some questions and doubts arise.

It's not hard to make a simple post and state some facts to set the record straight and answer some questions, like if it has a .63 housing or not. Probably worth twice as much if it really has a .63 housing. If it only has a .48, well then I wouldn't really go around calling it a super 60 turbo but some people still do. But if the OP leaves out these simple facts, it leaves this open to speculation. But the point is, as mentioned, it's not a true super 60 so therefore it may not have a .63 housing so we have to ask. He never responded, and here we are now still wondering what it has. Is it a big secret? Is he trying to take somebody by not disclosing it has a .48 on it? Maybe not, maybe it does have a .63 housing. Who knows, again more speculation simply because he doesn't respond to questions in his thread.
    shawn works construction, he is only home on weekeds.

boostaholic

I wouldnt waste your time worrying about it, its already sold and you were probably not not going to buy it anyway. Shawn isnt pulling anything on anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinhard View Post
    shawn works construction, he is only home on weekeds.
    He posted it up on the 27th, a friday, the questions were asked on the 27th and 28th. Not only did he have 2 days to respond according to you, but I watched his account when he logged in and he was logged in during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinhard View Post
    I wouldnt waste your time worrying about it, its already sold and you were probably not not going to buy it anyway. Shawn isnt pulling anything on anybody.
    Somebody posted saying it had a .48 housing, so I don't know about that. You can't tell me that most people wouldn't assume it had a .63 housing on there if you just say that you have a super 60 for sale. I know that if I bought it, without asking first, and it arrived at my house with a .48 on it I'd be super pissed.

He posted it up on the 27th, a friday, the questions were asked on the 27th and 28th. Not only did he have 2 days to respond according to you, but I watched his account when he logged in and he was logged in during the week.

Somebody posted saying it had a .48 housing, so I don't know about that. You can't tell me that most people wouldn't assume it had a .63 housing on there if you just say that you have a super 60 for sale. I know that if I bought it, without asking first, and it arrived at my house with a .48 on it I'd be super pissed.
    The part in red is really all I got out of your post. I don't see why you insist on making this into something it's not?

100% troll post.

I think 1/2 your post count is worthless attempts to make fun of people and provoke. You have no life whatsoever.

So this is what I get for making sure someone doesn't get ripped off. 90% of people, maybe more, will assume if you just say ''super 60 turbo for sale'' that the turbo has a .63 housing. The OP seemed to not want to state what the turbo had, and he had PLENTY of opportunities to answer the questions asked about the turbo.

100% troll post.

I think 1/2 your post count is worthless attempts to make fun of people and provoke. You have no life whatsoever.

So this is what I get for making sure someone doesn't get ripped off. 90% of people, maybe more, will assume if you just say ''super 60 turbo for sale'' that the turbo has a .63 housing. The OP seemed to not want to state what the turbo had, and he had PLENTY of opportunities to answer the questions asked about the turbo.
    OK dude... your initial post saying it was fake was before you knew what turbine housing it had... so calling it fake is an inflamatory way of reacting to the thread when you could have just nicely asked which housing it has.

BUT according to your posts it is "fake" based off your claim that the comp housing outlet is ported on a "true Super 60" ... this claim is still unproven.

In the end, I am just glad that BOTH the seller and buyer involved in this transaction are happy with the transaction

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

I said in my first post ''Looks like it was only upgraded on the compressor side''.

Yeah I said it before it was 100% proven, but just from looking at it I was 99% sure it wasn't anyway.

Hybrid booster

the seller and i were in contact, he gave me the specs on it in his first line of his response to me. i think what the problem is/was is that he didnt post those specs up with the item in the first place. it does have a .48 turbine housing but this is what i already had on the car that failed so it really didnt bother me that that is whatt it had, sure i would have liked for it to have a.63 housing but it does have a 2.5 swing valve an a large can actuator so i think i got a good deal to say the least. now as long as it isn't destroyed when it gets here all will be ok.

Hybrid booster

I said in my first post ''Looks like it was only upgraded on the compressor side''.

Yeah I said it before it was 100% proven, but just from looking at it I was 99% sure it wasn't anyway.
    Since you didn't buy it...nobody and I mean NOBODY CARES!!

Admin: Please lock this thread.

This is just stupid.
    Got news for you Matt, one person claims foul and the rest don't find an issue, doesn't mean something is hinky.
    You are claiming a crime(yes, fraud is a crime) where there isn't any. The nomenclature was misused, that is all. Relax.
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    This is just stupid.
    Got news for you Matt, one person claims foul and the rest don't find an issue, doesn't mean something is hinky.
    You are claiming a crime(yes, fraud is a crime) where there isn't any. The nomenclature was misused, that is all. Relax.
    Really? Perhaps my post only a couple hours after the OP posted this up for sale detoured somebody from just thinking ''oh super 60 I'll buy this right now'' without asking any questions and finding out more info about it. That very well could have happened.

Really? Perhaps my post only a couple hours after the OP posted this up for sale detoured somebody from just thinking ''oh super 60 I'll buy this right now'' without asking any questions and finding out more info about it. That very well could have happened.
    Yeah and a warhead could have gone off over Harrisburg, but it didn't. Besides, that would have been their fault not finding out more info.

OK,OK...here is your pat on the back. Jolly good job ol' chap.
    Bryan

Garrett booster

Wow... I APOLOGIZE for all the confusion! At the time of the post, I didn't remember all the specs for the turbo, and since I got an offer almost right away, and he seemed serious, I didn't think it was relevant to making more posts. I was on here basically to look at my PM's and a couple other things. Sh** pretty much hit the fan 2 weeks ago, not that anyone cares, but I've been trying to work, and do about a hundred other things at the same time, juggling lawyers, insurance companies, suddenly having no car, forcing me to rush my side project into a daily driver would be the main reasons for failing to repost even though I had logged on... I didn't even think about it. For the record, it has a .48 exhaust side, and the compressor side housing is .63 with a 2.5" swingvalve, and I don't remember the compressor size, but its fair bit bigger than a stock T2. Thanks for looking!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast