Thread: Wheels and 92 TIII ECU

Wheels and 92 TIII ECU

Looking for a set of wheels for my 92 Spirit, prefer to pick up in the detroit area. Pumpers, crabs, maybe white snowflakes.

Also looking for a non-broken grille for the same car.

PM or post here if you have anything

Lebaron GTC fan!! Turbo Mopar Contributor midohiomoparsource's Avatar

Re: Wheels and 92 TIII ECU

I have 4 factory R/T wheels in red. Two tires are junk, other two are useable.
    About an hour south of Toledo.
    Parting anything and everything lately, not just Turbo cars.

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

I have a set of nice crabs (see 86 CS sig link for pics) with brand new low pro tires I'd let go for $500. Basically free crabs for the price of tires.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I have a non-broken grill from a '91 R/T in red. These things are uber-scarce to find without having anything broken...
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Sorry for the late response I actually found a replacement Enkei and got it today!

DC: I'm hoping to find someting local. I actually found a good condition white Spirit ES grill, but i would have had to literally steal it. Do you have build threads on any of your R/T's?

Anybody have 92 TIII ecu? I know they're rare..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post

DC: I'm hoping to find someting local. I actually found a good condition white Spirit ES grill, but i would have had to literally steal it. Do you have build threads on any of your R/T's?
    No build threads on my T-III cars because I bought them all with major issues, hence why none of them run But, I am currently in the middle of rebuilding the T-III engine in my '92 IROC R/T. We build a lot of race engines where I work, so I've been slowly picking away at it on my free time since I have every imaginable piece of equipment at my disposal. I did a thread on the T-III rods I did as I was going to sell them, but got no buyers. And, occasionally... I'll post in the "what have you done to your car lately" thread.

As of now... shortblock is together with +.020 Wisecos. Magged the block, honed with torque plate, decked, mainline line-honed, ported the oil pump port in the block, re-ground T-II crank, resized rods w/arps, pin fit everything, rods checked for straightness and magnafluxed, new PBs, double-shot peened, crank ground per my clearances, all of the rotating assembly balanced, *mild* portwork to the head (just blended the bowl to seat transitions) new exhaust guides (sourced from FWD-P), re-surfaced the exhaust and intake manifold sides of the head (smooth as glass;-) and today... did the valve job and re-ground/back-cut the valves. Next is re-surface the head, and final hone guides for guide to stem clearance. Berry stick cam bores... cc chambers and find my compression.

Then.... get re-ground cams (unless someone has nice stock cams for sale) and make adjustable cam gears. I just might make a blog here on "making your own T-III adjustable cam gears" the non-cnc way with all specs, dimensions, and pix with basic machine shop equipment.

From there... then I still have lots of little things: Paint VC, pullies, fix dent in '93 2.2 TBI pan, and somehow come up with $800 for cams and turbinehousing/SW setup for my 50trim.... then Voila!

Oh... then comes the ghetto part of exhaust, spearco install, talon bov mod, etc.... Not sure if i ave enough time with everything else in life getting in my way.

BTW: I lucked out and found a '93 T-III sbec for $150 shipped (case got a bit crunched via shipment, though) But, for the price of what one typically goes for here USED.... you can get a NEW one from FWDP still.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

You're putting a lot of work into that! What exhaust are you putting on it? My spirit had a fart can muffler clamped on the stock pipe, so I replaced it with a 2.5" side exit exhaust. I guess that's ghetto..

Thanks for the tip!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Maybe check with "shelgame", maybe he can make a computer?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
    You're putting a lot of work into that! What exhaust are you putting on it? My spirit had a fart can muffler clamped on the stock pipe, so I replaced it with a 2.5" side exit exhaust. I guess that's ghetto..

Thanks for the tip!

Yes... lots of work into the "little things" you cannot see. Tonight, I did some mild portwork on the exhaust manifold. I remember Wallace saying the T-III manifold doesn't flow for squat... or is uneven.... but compared to the 8v manifold, it looks like a tube header! I still addressed a few shortcomings... nothing major flow-wise (same with the headwork)

What's taking me so long is that EVERYTHING the previous owner and his machine shop touched, they fawked up or were kinda crude with things. Supposed to be a freshly rebuilt longblock... but when I took it apart, things were half-azzed (like the majority of engine builders I see) A lot of parts were replaced from either a 1989 T-II shortblock I pulled this spring (crank, rods) or my "spare parts" T-III engine I had. The spare parts engine is ending up being the primary.

Mind you now.... the engine is being addressed big time, but it won't be a show winner at all. I'm more concerned about the function of this drivetrain vs. the appearance (for now)

The exhaust: I'm using the JRB 3" mandrel setup I had on my VNT Shadow a few years back. OEM cat was gutted, and then the 3" pipe run through the center so the cat looks stock, still... but it's just the shell. Ultraflow SS muffler, too. Was kinda loud and droning on my VNT.... but the fun factor makes up for it.

Hey Simon: not to divert off topic here... (which i already have) what do you do if you wish to delete the AC... serpentine belt-wise?

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    The exhaust: I'm using the JRB 3" mandrel setup I had on my VNT Shadow a few years back. OEM cat was gutted, and then the 3" pipe run through the center so the cat looks stock, still... but it's just the shell. Ultraflow SS muffler, too. Was kinda loud and droning on my VNT.... but the fun factor makes up for it.

Hey Simon: not to divert off topic here... (which i already have) what do you do if you wish to delete the AC... serpentine belt-wise?
    Ditch the cat, the hollow chamber mess's with flow.

No a/c, run a shorter belt, its that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TIII section
    Stock belt: 060790
    Non A/C: 060660
    Non A/C & UDP: 060637

I found Dayco belt # 5060670 fit with no a/c, the 60 was too short.

You insert vendors choice for the first number, IE Dayco would be a 5060790, Goodyear a 4060970 etc.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Ditch the cat, the hollow chamber mess's with flow.

No a/c, run a shorter belt, its that easy.
    Simon, you meatstick..... don't you think I know this? Read thy post more thorough I cut the ends of the oem cat off, and back a bit so the 2-1/2" factory in/outs were larger.... to the tune of 3"+ We then hollowed out all the guts, and SLID it over my existing 3" setup. (ie: 3' pipe running through it inside) Then, formed the in/outs for a perfect seamless fit... add some weld and there you go. Nobody will ever tell it's a fake cat ebcuase it's seams were never cut or rewelded

As for the shorter belt... I know that! What is the # or application is what I was asking....

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

Simon, you meatstick..... don't you think I know this? Read thy post more thorough I cut the ends of the oem cat off, and back a bit so the 2-1/2" factory in/outs were larger.... to the tune of 3"+ We then hollowed out all the guts, and SLID it over my existing 3" setup. (ie: 3' pipe running through it inside) Then, formed the in/outs for a perfect seamless fit... add some weld and there you go. Nobody will ever tell it's a fake cat ebcuase it's seams were never cut or rewelded

As for the shorter belt... I know that! What is the # or application is what I was asking....
    Read too fast, lol,

I listed the part numbers to go buy the belt, you meatstick, why do you need an application?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

95 intrepid 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Read too fast, lol,

I listed the part numbers to go buy the belt, you meatstick, why do you need an application?
    Because everything that is modded on a TM is typically from another application to work in our cars.

See post above mine:

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

Because everything that is modded on a TM is typically from another application to work in our cars.

See post above mine:
    I just measured, then installed belts until I found the one that worked correctly, a belt was listed but I didn't like it, it was too long or too short, can't remember.

Don't need to see post, I have part numbers, that's all I need,

I'm guessing you have inspections/tests in Maine? Neat idea with the cat. If I go 3" I might put in a cutout for those days I just need to be loud. idk.

boostaholic

The non-AC belt you want the the GoodYear Gatorback 4060667 ONLY!!!