Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic SRT-4

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Automatic SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    This isn't an automatic T3 thread It's an Automatic 2.4 SRT thread
    Who said it was?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

oooo i sense another ---- fest coming on

Hybrid booster

Wow this is amazing! I want a 2.4 automatic to go in my Laser. I liked that video but it made me feel so low tech with my setup.

boostaholic

41TE could be used with either a PT Cruiser PCM, a PSC controller (plug and play available, but it's like $900) or soon the MegaShift (still being worked on).

If you go with the PT Cruiser PCM, you need the wiring harness for it too, and you'll have to do the same stuff for the SKIM as you would have to do using the SRT-4 PCM.

If you stick with the SRT-4 PCM and transfer all the SKIM stuff so it will work, the 31TH can be used without a trans controller, but the speedometer would probably be off. That's only a concern if you're trying to use the stock cluster from the SRT-4 too though.

If you go with the 41TE, you get the option of a manual shift mode, which is both useful and fun. The video that was already posted of the 2.4L/41TE in an Omni combo has a Stratus R/T shift assembly (same as what I have in my Sebring) with the auto-stick mode. The functionality for it has not yet been added to the MegaShift stuff he's using yet though.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    41TE could be used with either a PT Cruiser PCM, a PSC controller (plug and play available, but it's like $900) or soon the MegaShift (still being worked on).

If you go with the PT Cruiser PCM, you need the wiring harness for it too, and you'll have to do the same stuff for the SKIM as you would have to do using the SRT-4 PCM.

If you stick with the SRT-4 PCM and transfer all the SKIM stuff so it will work, the 31TH can be used without a trans controller, but the speedometer would probably be off. That's only a concern if you're trying to use the stock cluster from the SRT-4 too though.

If you go with the 41TE, you get the option of a manual shift mode, which is both useful and fun. The video that was already posted of the 2.4L/41TE in an Omni combo has a Stratus R/T shift assembly (same as what I have in my Sebring) with the auto-stick mode. The functionality for it has not yet been added to the MegaShift stuff he's using yet though.
    I have the PT wiring and PCM if anyone needs it.

-Rich

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

is the PT trans controller tunable? firmness etc?

Brian

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    They have.

A PT is still a 2.4, won't bolt up properly and I can't have the starter in the front, no room.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Who said it was?
    I believe you brought up your T3 engine above right?

Hybrid booster

Is the '02 Neon 3,4,or 5speed currently?

My '02 is a 2.0L auto. I think it's 4 speed.
    Ean Orsel - 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Blue Baron) 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Silver Cloud) 2002 Chrysler Neon LX (Lex) "It has the turning circle of the moon." -Jeremy Clarkson

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    is the PT trans controller tunable? firmness etc?

Brian
    I think the DSP can now for some of them. The Stage 1 ATX PT PCM has the best programming and firmness levels of any OEM PCM for the 41TE.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
    My '02 is a 2.0L auto. I think it's 4 speed.
    Might be the weaker 40TE then, may want to look into that.

If you're going to use the SRT-4 intake manifold, you have to cut the end off and weld the TB on so it will fit with the auto trans.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    I think the DSP can now for some of them. The Stage 1 ATX PT PCM has the best programming and firmness levels of any OEM PCM for the 41TE.
    how firm? able to handle 400whp?

can those programmers flash any 41te controller that doesnt involve a skim module? those skim things are such a pain in the ---. there has got to be a way to remove that programming that checks for that stuff.

Brian

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    how firm? able to handle 400whp?

can those programmers flash any 41te controller that doesnt involve a skim module? those skim things are such a pain in the ---. there has got to be a way to remove that programming that checks for that stuff.

Brian
    Should be. There's a guy with a PT Cruiser running a 50 trim, 12.1 @ 115mph IIRC, his trans was supposedly built identical to mine. His is still working, mine as you know broke. Only difference is he had a Stage 1 PCM as the base for his tuning, and I have my stock Sebring PCM.

The DSP only works with NGC controllers, and there's a list of specific ones that are supported from the vehicles that they support. I'm not sure if all NGC vehicles use SKIM/SKIS or not. I know with the SCT you can turn some of the SKIM stuff off, but I've never tried it, I just know the tables are there for it.

I have a Stage 1 PT Cruiser PCM. I know a guy that has access to both a DRB III and the DSP stuff. I'm hoping to connect with him when I go down to his area again Sept 11th and 12th. I'm going to try and flash the VIN and SKIM from my Sebring to this Stage 1 PT Cruiser PCM with the DRBIII, then I am going to flash a tune onto it with my SCT stuff. If it works, I'll probably see if I can get him to use his DSP stuff to see what it can and can't do with the trans.

Hybrid booster

It would be great if the SKIM was able to be turned off in the PCM. As long as a new PCM can never "see" a SKIM it will never look for a SKIM. Once a PCM recieves a message from the SKIM it will always expect it.

I have successfully changed a PCM's SKIM code to read from another SKIM, but never been successful at getting a PCM to forget about SKIM. All this was done with a DRBIII.

I believe you brought up your T3 engine above right?
    You mentioned about controllers, I answered. You mentioned use a 2.4 case with our engines, I said they won't fit, not sure how that makes this a TIII thread?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Simon you mentioned getting a case from Mexico. I noted that you could use a PT tranny to bolt up to the SRT4 motor which is what this thread was from the beginning. Somehow you assumed I was reffering to a 2.2/2.5 block. I was not. This thread has been 2.4 from the start.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Simon you mentioned getting a case from Mexico. I noted that you could use a PT tranny to bolt up to the SRT4 motor which is what this thread was from the beginning. Somehow you assumed I was reffering to a 2.2/2.5 block. I was not. This thread has been 2.4 from the start.
    He's got you there.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Mitsu booster

Will a PT Trans work in a SRT4?

Off the wall thought. Convert the neon to rwd and run a 904 /adapter plate.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    There are quite a few 3-speed SRT-4 swaps out there now. Heck, for a little under $8k, you can buy everything you need from Darrell Cox Racing. Bargain! lol

http://www.dcrsrt.com/index.php?act=...d&productId=49
    And a long wait im sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    And a long wait im sure!
    Yeah, I honestly don't see $8K worth of stuff in his transmissions,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mopar View Post
    Will a PT Trans work in a SRT4?

If you can get it too shift, no problem. Maybe you have to run a PT Cruiser computer or just the programming?

Correct but you somehow turned it around, I didn't assume anything from you regarding a 2.2/2.5 block. I was merely mentioning getting one for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12