Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Sdac 21???

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Sdac 21???

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    How about a 2.2 powered Ford?

If I was a multi-millionare... my dream would be to put a 2.2 in a genuine Shelby Cobra.
    I was talking about this very idea except using a Factory Five replica. My Shelby Dodge cohorts panned the idea and said a Cobra needs to be a V8, but I think a 2.2/2.5 w/ a Shelby valve cover in a Shelby Cobra would be very cool.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I was talking about this very idea except using a Factory Five replica. My Shelby Dodge cohorts panned the idea and said a Cobra needs to be a V8, but I think a 2.2/2.5 w/ a Shelby valve cover in a Shelby Cobra would be very cool.
    +1 You betcha!

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Make it happen!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Here's a Q. Did you need to register for the "top gun" award? I had assumed that anyone that participates in all three events was automatically "IN"?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Here's a Q. Did you need to register for the "top gun" award? I had assumed that anyone that participates in all three events was automatically "IN"?
    The answer to your question is in posts 750-760 of this thread. I'm not going to type it all out again.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    The answer to your question is in posts 750-760 of this thread. I'm not going to type it all out again.

Barry
    I read through those posts and found nothing about wether you had to "sign up" or not. Like I said, I thought that any car that participated in all three events, like the Charger, would automatically be counted.

This is actually kind of funny. We got all messed up in the fun rally and simply decided to "bed" the new rear brakes and feel out the car instead of running around in circles and basically forgot about the top gun after that.

In the end, the Charger ran 11.04 @ 134.52 while everyone was still at the track and I know for a fact that at least three "best of show" votes were recieved. We obviously sucked at the rally, but it sounds like we were actually a contender after all! lol

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

I read through those posts and found nothing about wether you had to "sign up" or not. Like I said, I thought that any car that participated in all three events, like the Charger, would automatically be counted.

This is actually kind of funny. We got all messed up in the fun rally and simply decided to "bed" the new rear brakes and feel out the car instead of running around in circles and basically forgot about the top gun after that.

In the end, the Charger ran 11.04 @ 134.52 while everyone was still at the track and I know for a fact that at least three "best of show" votes were recieved. We obviously sucked at the rally, but it sounds like we were actually a contender after all! lol
    I thought maybe you could figure it out from those posts but I guess you couldn't.

In each goody bag (your group got 3 of them) there was an itinerary with maps to all the venues, and instructions for each event. And a whole page of info devoted to Top Gun. It was the last page in the packet, a pink sheet, titled "SDAC-21 Top Gun Competition Info"

2nd paragraph ...
    "TOP GUN entrants may enter any and all other events they choose to. There will not be a sign up sheet for the Top Gun competition. If you registered for this convention and are drag racing, you are automatically entered in this competition. But only those participating in all three events, car show, road rally, and drag racing will be eligible for TOP GUN points."

On the same sheet under Drag Racing info it explains that your time slip with your quickest ET of the day must be turned in so we could record the data prior to your leaving the drag strip. Note that this stipulation was also found on the Drag Racing Info sheet in the same packet. We said there would be no exceptions, but we bent that rule because NOBODY turned in a time slip at the drag strip. One slip was given to me during dinner, and another as I arrived in the awards room.

Sorry but YOU WERE NOT A CONTENDER!!! You got a DNF on the rally (only answered 3 of the 40 questions), didn't turn in your time slip for the drags and got 2 votes for Best of Show. If there was a miscount of your Best of Show votes I am sorry for that, but it happens. However, you could have won Best of Show and it would not have impacted your status in Top Gun.

I am done discussing Top Gun. We go to great lengths to provide all the info a participant may need at our event, and folks just don't take the time to read it. While I have been patient to explain things here that I don't think I should have needed to, this is it. If you didn't read the info and were confused on how an event was held, it is your fault and your tough luck.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Sorry if this was taken as a sore spot, that was Not my intention I never ment a "contender" as I should have actually been concidered, as you said yourself and as I also stated, after the rally I never thought about it any more! My comment was simply a "what if" scenario and again, I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way..........

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Sorry if this was taken as a sore spot, that was Not my intention I never ment a "contender" as I should have actually been concidered, as you said yourself and as I also stated, after the rally I never thought about it any more! My comment was simply a "what if" scenario and again, I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way..........
    Point taken Rob, and I may well have over-reacted to your post, and am sorry about that.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

No problem, bottom line I had a Hoot at SDAC 21 and am really hoping we can make 22! I know you guys work really hard to put an event like this together and it can very easily be missconstrune that ppl are not happy with how things have gone. Quite the contrary, I think that when ppl have this much fun at an event this good, it's just human nature to even want More!!!!!

So, on behalf of myself and any other participants (I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries here) please take any criticing as just that, the hope for even more, with full understanding that what already exist is GREAT!!!!!!!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839